Did you guys catch Louis Ck's new special? I thought it was pretty meh

Did you guys catch Louis Ck's new special? I thought it was pretty meh.

Probably his worst special.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E7Fe3blRKU0
youtube.com/watch?v=0OOo8iabvzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was amazed when it ended and i realized that i had barely chuckled at most.

What a waste.

>tfw louis cuckposting is a dead meme now
LITTLE

It was quite shit, I would go as far as to say if we did a scientific analysis of his Netflix special we would find he repeated jokes from his previous specials for at LEAST 50% of the showtime. Probably much more.

Some of the jokes are reworked from older gigs, some are verbatim the same jokes, but wholly original jokes were few and far between.

Once comedians fully experience absolute success in their craft they generally turn to shit. There's no drive to create or improve anymore and they just shit out whatever comes to mind.

It seems like the entire stand up comedy "art" has fallen to disgrace the last few years. Every single special that has come out recently has stunk to high heaven.

A couple laughs but not nearly as funny as I was expecting. The Magic Mike/ wanting a boyfriend bit was too long and didn't connect with me.

Live from the Cuck Shed?

Haven't seen it yet.

Why is this? Has Netflix just killed comedy?

>Live from the Cuck Shed?

kek

lel

youtube.com/watch?v=E7Fe3blRKU0

It felt like he was parodying himself...

Examples? I didn't see any repeat jokes and I've seen almost all of his stuff.

I turned it off at the giraffes bit, was awful, I was even drunk and stoned, still thought it was shit

Watched some Alan partridge instead

I liked the bit about how he got castrated while his wife get bred by BBC

When was the giraffe bit, don't even remember that.

Like 15 minutes in I think

>don't you just hate it when you have to prep the bull right after brushing your teeth? Amirite?

>9/11 deniers

I don't really remember the rest of that show but that bit had me dying for some reason.

that was the SNL monologue

WHITE

he's always been terrible

>hurr why no appreciate cell phones that work via satellites .t clueless gen x fucktard

Thanks, shows you how much of an impression it made that I don't even remember it.

>wearing a suit
This was my biggest gripe with the whole thing. Black t shirt and I wanna see you get sweaty you fat slob

That that joke stuck with you tells me you actually like it and are just being a contrarian faggot.
t. knower

>take my wife's son......please

Did you notice how red he got?

I've heard other comedians make the same jokes about suicide and meeting your spouse in heaven. Not breaking new comedic ground there. The guy's been doing comedy for 30 years. Overall I give the special a 6/10.

When you open with comparing abortion to taking a shit, it's hard to keep peoples attention. The ONLY part I genuinely laughed at was the bit about tan cars.

no it's not funny at all. he is king of really makes you think unfunny shit. it's sad how he think he is a deep guy

>(((Netflix)))

It was just too long. I started tuning out during the Magic Mike stuff.

Also the segues were really abrupt.

It's pretty great

>wooden disc expanding her vagina

would watch/10

The Chapelle ones were passable. Shorter than the Louis one.

>tan cars
>Nine 11 deniers
>achilles heel

Nothing besides those made me utter more than some chuckles, but overall I don't think it was terrible.

Wasn't exactly breaking new ground with the rest of the special but it didn't feel...preachy, if that makes any sense. Live At the Beacon Theater felt so smug and condescending. This special just felt like jokes, old jokes, new jokes combined. Not all were a hit but there were some gems.

That was painful. He was dying onstage and just kept powering through, adding more and more dead time.

Wtf I love mulattos now?

wood watch*

Best part of the show.

There were also two other big laughs in there but all in all, it was pretty mediocre.

DIE KEKS

sounds like fantano

What was the worst part, do you think?

For me it was the "I want a gay boyfriend" bit.

You fags are meming me right, he didn't actually do this?

Do what? Talk about how he wanted a big strong man to call his boyfriend? Yeah he did. It is the last bit of the act.

Why are they still called specials? There's nothing special about them when someone like ali wong gets an hour to rant on netflix.

Link to just that part?

It is on Netflix, so if you have that you can check it out. I will see about finding a clip.

There is a whole lead up to it but this should be enough to convey the point. youtube.com/watch?v=0OOo8iabvzs

>pay to watch cuck cuck
kek no thanks senpai

thanks senpai

Haven't seen it, but its a shame if it's as bad as people say. I always considered him one of the great comedians (at least recently) but it seems even he is starting to get watered down by the PC shit. His snl skits and recent showings have been dissapointing

It is far from awful but it has some uncomfortably long dry stretches. In my opinion at least.