Was he a "bad guy"?

Was he a "bad guy"?

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Kiln
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I rooted for him more than Sisko in most episodes.

I thought the maquis were totally justified in all their actions though.

>I thought the maquis were totally justified in all their actions though.
Why? Because they settled in an area that they were warned was hotly contested and then tried to start an intergalactic war because they decided to stay after the teritory was handed over to the spoonheads.

Fuck the maquis.

It was theirs, they had to defend it because the federation wouldn't. The federation deciding that they must prevent a war started by people who are NOT federation citizens with full federation rights was pretty fucking evil.

They defended their land but they lost their souls. It wasn't worth it.

The moral of the story is that the federation during DS9 was falling apart and only the Maquis embodied the last of their dying values. Starfleet creates war-time alliances with Romulans and Klingons just to claim extra territory from the Dominion who made it clear they would leave them alone if they stopped invading. They literally invade again like next episode.

>far future where medicine can do wonders

>have THAT haircut

USS JUST

>the Maquis embodied the last of their dying values
If this was true, then the Maquis would have volunteered to find new homes on other planets, instead of killing Cardassian colonists and threatening galactic peace.

Finding new homes is an unfair hardship, but it's a lesser price to pay than the death and destruction that they're responsible for.

>voluntarily giving up your own territory that you made by yourself
Nah. Being an underdog in a righteous war against two massive quadrant spanning empires is pretty fuckin federation.

he's Canadian, so yes, he is a bad guy

I always assumed he was meant to vaguely look like a "human, Starfleet Odo" who's pleasant but still off-putting. Then they think he's a changeling, he sabotages the Defiant, and then eventually reveals himself to be a Maquis.

Why is Trump bombing Syria and threatening North Korea?

he's a changeling

>Did I ever tell you about my tree?

Aw nevermind

No, all the maquis had a point, but their cause was always hopeless. The federation and the cardassians had good justification for their own actions too.

But the federation's justification was that they were utterly helpless to stop making awful treaties cause they had no backbone. Wolf359 devastated starfleet and they were super weak at the time.

Sisko was just a tool trying to delay the collapse of the federation which he basically lucked into later.

Rest in peace.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Kiln

Which was it, were they weak at the time or were they just lacking backbone?

HAHAHA i can't believe they actually have a page for the kiln. God I love autism sometimes.

Well they could have fought Cardassia over the minor territories but who knows what that would have led to with the Romulans? Picard was basically holding the entire Romulan neutral zone on his fucking own during the same timespan in TNG.

It was a calculated risk which was very bad odds for the Feds. They made a lot of compromises in that period.

>their cause was always hopeless

They almost won in "For the Uniform", and they would have kept the Cardassians away indefinitely if it wasn't for the Dominion.

Cardassia might not have joined the Dominion in the first place if the Maquis weren't constantly embarrassing Cardassia and destroying the famous Cardassian pride.

They lacked the backbone. Federation starships were shown to be significantly superior to Cardassian ones at almost every encounter. The Klingons also steamrollered the Cardassians. The Federation didn't have the will for the sort of offensive war that would have broken the Cardassians and forced them to come to better terms; also, the Prime Directive could have prohibited it.

Was he a "bad guy" just because he refused to buy them fresh donuts?

YES