Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Transporter_phobia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>working on favourites from template
>thread expires before i can post it
why is this board moving sooooo fast

>You're dismissed.
You're fired!

Why hasn't Dukat spoke out against his endorsement by Terra Prime?

Is it true that when Dukat authorized the MOAB, he thought his guls were talking about a Bajoran MILF?

>getting pissed on by bajoran whores

Gul dukat? More like gul dukaka

Would it still have worked?

Anyone else excited for Discovery?

I'm not optimistic but I'm not pessimistic either.

i would vote for a cardassian, no question asked.

Upvoted

do it

I'm normally neutral too but I can't help but be excited for new Star Trek.

I was not excited for the JJTrek releases because they were rehashes, but even though Discovery is yet another prequel there are new characters and ships and situations and I'm almost a bit giddy about it.

Fuck yeah, STD.

This desu, could go either way

>sacrifices so much for his crew that the harry kim we know by the end of the series isn't even the original harry kim
>still an ensign

>characters voluntarily kill themselves on the transporter on a daily basis
>having an issue with Kim's authenticity

>Star Trek says that transporters in Star Trek don't kill people
>you spend your time insisting that Star Trek must be mistaken somehow
Okay.

Thomas Riker

>Star Trek explains that Thomas was created by an anomalous energy field in the planet's atmosphere, not by the transporter
>you spend your time insisting that Star Trek must be mistaken somehow
Okay.

Pulaski's transporter trace restoration.

What about the episode where we see Barclay's perspective as he transports and he's clearly conscious the entire time?

Barclay's trip through the transporter where he stays conscious the whole way through.

You can find all sorts of weird and contradictory shit in Star Trek, but when the writers tell you that some shit is more correct than the other shit, then you shouldn't waste your time insisting that Star Trek is wrong.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Transporter_phobia
This exists for a reason, friends.

>Transporter use carried an inherent risk, since transporters disassembled and reassembled matter at the atomic level.
Holy shit

Which is, of course, completely different from making a copy of someone and then destroying the original.

My theory is Thomas was accidentally pulled from some parallel universe.

How do you define dissassemble?

Do you want to split hairs now?

DISASSEMBLE =SQUISH! DEAD!

>Which is, of course, completely different from making a copy of someone and then destroying the original.
The more I sit here looking at this stupid post, the angrier I get. You seem to be conflating the shit-tier "Think Like A Dinosaur" Outer Limits episode transporter mechanics with every claim that transporters kill people, when even Memory Alpha disagrees.

I'm fucking insanely angry right now.

Right. Yes. Memory Alpha. Even Memory Alpha agrees that transporters don't kill people.

So why do you keep wasting your time insisting that transporters kill people?

Molecular disassembly.

Which it accomplishes without killing the person.

lol

Inside the fictional universe of Star Trek, that's how it works.

Same with the warp drive. Same with the universal translator. It's bullshit in the real world, but in Star Trek it works.

And you're wasting your time by arguing that Star Trek doesn't match reality, because... duh.

But all breaks in the stream of consciousness is death for the person currently in control of your body. You're just borrowing it until the next guy needs it

You're disassembled.

Translator's Note: This means de-Tuvixed.

>wasting your time
Doesn't this intrisically confirm that transporters kill?