Ruined Star Wars

>ruined Star Wars
>ruined Marvel
>ruined animated films
What the fuck is going on at Disney? Are they purposely trying to be as shit as possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t5TGJquhP1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>saved Star Wars from George Lucas
>took Marvel characters nobody gave a shit about and made people give a shit about them
>is making 90s Renaissance style musicals again

I don't see the problem.

In 10 years Disney will be the only studio left
Watch how shit things become then

fpbp. OP btfo.

They've killed Star Wars. It was much better off in Lucas' hands. Disney has turned it into yet another assembly-line IP of theirs now that Marvel has reached peak profitability. They treat their IPs like coal mines to be exploited.

They can style the musicals after the best from the 90s but they're still doing a monster suck ass job of it. Beauty and the Beast may as well have been Fox's Rocky Horror.

Lucas killed Star Wars, then Disney took a shit on its grave.

They must pay handsomely for people like you to continuously shill on here.

>9:05 AM in swedistan
Started your shift early today?

Not quite. Disney dug up it's corpse, tied strings to it, and dressed it up in one of it's old outfits.

>What the fuck is going on at Disney?
They're making shitloads of money despite the butthurt shrieking of neckbeards.

>they're making shitloads of money

They'd better be. That's their top priority.

They are never getting another cent of my money. Lately, they barely even make movies that have any discernible themes or messages, just empty, soulless entertainment. On the rare occasions where a theme does creep in, it tends to carry a message that I don't even agree with.

Doubt they have recovered the costs of buying Star Wars and Marvel. Bought each for 4 billion. That's a lot of money in to rake in sheer profits.

This is what unfiltered cancer looks like.

Batb was legit amazing and the only disney film thats captured the classic feel. Only good disney film I've seen in a long time.

accurate

TFA, Avengers 1 and 2, Frozen, Iron Man 3, and Civil War made 8.4 billion total.

Go back to r/movies with your shit taste faggot and or roastie.

It's a ship full of rats (kikes) and the rats are steering the ship. And all they care about is making films with the largest mass appeal because the effect is twofold: the most money possible while spreading the seeds of their political agenda to as many receptive minds as possible. Infantilized, jello-brained masses which flock to these flicks and every other kind of geek bullshit under the sun are certainly receptive. Many of them already hold the seeds of these agendas in their minds already and thus find it all highly agreeable...

youtube.com/watch?v=t5TGJquhP1s

>"the main thing is to protect these characters, make sure they continue to live in the way you created them, and the Star Wars universe continues to grow"

>proceeds the render the entire OT useless and completely ruin the closure of the characters by forcing them into TFA for fanservice

Thanks Kennedy!

From my point of view the prequels are kino

You are talking about revenue. There is difference between revenue and profit. Those films weren't made and marketed for free. For every billion Disney makes they also spend half a billion.

Most likely women to blame.

>fanbase is predominantly white males
>DUDE FUCK WHITE MEN FEMINISM AND DIVERSITY GO GO FUCK WHITEY

True, but I only listed 6 movies. Add Zootopia, Finding Dory, Beauty and the Beast, Rogue One, and Toy Story 3 and it comes to 13,4, and that's just movies they have on the top box office list. Add on toy sales and other merchandise and if they haven't made that back yet, they're close.

>Josh Gad tries to fit in on Sup Forums

Hard to believe JJ actually fucking said this.

He's not speaking about Episode 7 specifically but about another show he was in charge of. He did say it.

I see calling people "colored" is okay again.

>Doubt they have recovered the costs of buying Star Wars and Marvel
Not even close, in tickets and blurays at least.

I believe he said it. I'm just saying it's fucked up. He can speak that way about white people but if he made a statement about specifically wanting a character to be white he would get crucified.

Supposedly Finn was supposed to be Han-like character that Rey would potentially fall for.

It was going to be shit either way but you can easily tell that Finn's parts in TFA are very rushed and not thought out at all.

>I am a janitor
>is actually a stormtrooper in the intro, possibly a front line stormtrooper
>is recognized by other Stormtrooper fighters so he's obviously had ton of exposure in the battlefield
>Has PTSD from all the killing then is cheering in joy five minutes later when he flees the base and kills his former comrades in cold blood
Nothing about this guy makes sense. His character was just for the sake of having a black dude acting.

see Take all of that and add home video sales, plus the movies that aren't on the top box office list from the past 7 years. Cap 1 and 2, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, GotG, Thor 1 and 2, Iron Man 1 and 2, and any others I'm missing.

Nigga didn't they say the big lady gave him an opportunity to go down there but that he was a janitor before?

So the intro was his first battlefield exposure? Alright then why was he fine with killing people after that? Supposedly his former friends too. If he was a rookie stormtrooper, why did he defeat seasoned stormtroopers and held his ground against a fucking Sith disciple? See how inconsistent this character is? It's like he goes from goofy and clumsy to expert stormtrooper between scenes.

Wasn't the first issue with killing the fact that they were executing women and children?

Seems pretty fair to me tho.

Manchild neckbeards are one of their core audiences. Don't be stupid.

Eat shit faggot, Disney is based.

Furries will become a recognized political group in a few decades and the first furry world president will be here by 2050

They're giving us giantesskino eventually so all is forgiven.

Frozen is not from a bought out franchise, and some of the movies you mention were made before Disney. The average of the rest is like $150 millions in profit, all things considered. They need to climb up to 8 billions like that just to recover what they paid for the franchises.

The only reason Disney made those deals is because they are a toy and theme park company, not a real studio. If they don't profit from those other markets, they won't do it at all

Now break that down by division. Frozen was the only one that was in-house out of the ones you mentioned.

They paid 4 billion for Star Wars. They're still in the red on that investment.

They paid 4 billion for the MCU - still in the red there, too.

This is how accounting works. Their products as a whole only apply to the bottom line, not when measuring the profitability of individual investments.

Well either way, in the next 7 years they may very well make even more money than they have in the last 7 years (since they bought Marvel), and they've made assloads of money in the last 7 years. I think from a money making perspective, buying those 2 franchises will pay off.

2017 DISNEY FILMS IN THEATRES
>Rogue One
>Beauty and the Beast
>Born in China
>Guardians of the Galaxy 2
>Pirates of Caribbean 6
>Cars 3
>Spiderman 6
>Coco
>Thor 3
>Star Wars 8
There will always be a disney film in the theatres every week in 2017. No matter what, the shills can always tell you to not watch one film and go watch 'this one' instead.
Reminder they've already won and theyre killing the market

seeWhatever the case, they aren't hurting financially. They will make the money back. TLJ will probably make 2 billion and the Han Solo movie will probably make a billion.

At the box office, yes. That's not what comes home to them. When there's article after article meticulously analyzing WB's profits, you don't get to gloss over the realities for Disney.

>that list of cancer
There is no saving us is there?

Damn i hate going to cinema for anything outside of star wars but damn have to see thor 3, pirates, gog2 at least.

Happy to support white genocide, the white sissy tears are tasty

>all those sequels and remakes
DEATH TO THE MOUSE

>TLJ will probably make 2 billion
Will it now? Rogue One was a massive step down from TFA and I don't see Disney ever reaching that level of BO again now that the nostalgia hype is over and they have to carry themselves without 40 years of Lucas world building. Everyone wanted to see TFA because they wanted to see a new Star Wars movie after a decade of nothing. But what's the appeal of TLJ for those people?

Disney is not hurting financially.

its such a pathetic case of events to see someone like yourself is the average cinema-goer

>Rogue One was a massive step down

Rogue One doesn't push the main story of Star Wars forward. Different type of movie. Not as many people care about it.

No most people go because they are enjoying the movies.

I also enjoy them but the tears of white bigots when they see people supporting them are delicious so i am enjoying those as well.

I lmao'ed when i got out of the rogue one premier to see white bigots cry about muh white males, it was fucking hilarious

Rogue one was an excellent film, it didnt use jedi vs sith autism and it ended up looking like a great adventure with a really sad ending, was beautiful

Now that we know the whole Force Tree rumors are true I'm really curious to see how the public is going to react.

The idea of saying that the light side of the force is feminine and the dark side is masculine seems very risky. You're basically saying that one gender is inherently evil.

I'm sure feminists will eat this up and praise it to high heaven, but I can't imagine that even the most cucked, feminist numale will be happy with this idea.

I honestly believe it will end Star Wars.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul is not the same thing as what you're spinning. They've yet to see profit on the investments they've made, and they won't for some years to come.

Im flattered

>make anti-white film as explicitly stated by the writers (women leading a multiculti group against white organization)
>whites point out how racist it is
>HAHA BIGOT WHITEY HAHA YOU WERE RACIST ALL ALONG
Keep up that narrative faggot and see how many more years of Republican presidency you'll get.

Not going broke if that's what you mean. I'd say they only studios at risk right now are Sony and Paramount, and if the chinese movie market keeps growing at 10% every year I'd say even them will make it through.

But they aren't shitting gold either, not as a studio at least

Beauty and the beast is the only one that is kino

But they will make the money back. 100% guarantee. I don't know what this "box office is not what comes home to them" rubbish is about though.

Believe it or not I'm a lifelong Democrat and I actually agree with you. These people are hypocrites who are doing more harm to my party than the republicans could ever do

How much did they make off TFA? Let's see if you break it down.

A lot

wait there's another star wars flick coming out already?

What rock have you been living under? There was one 2 years ago, one last year, one this year, one next year, and one the year after that.

Are you ready for Star Wars Cinematic Universe? Every year will have Star Wars movies and you'll be know they'll be just as bland and inoffensive as Marvel films. Get your ass seated, you're in for a moderately wild ride of focus-tested Star Wars. And when all is over, you'll be on your knees cursing Lucas for selling out.

Roughly 780 million. There's your answer.

So add the money they made off Rogue One. Probably brings it over a billion. That's over a quarter of the money they've made back with 2 movies.

Hi, Mike.

i think they are just trying to make movies that appeal to everyon, ie the lowest common denominator. so instead of having a niche fan base that hails a movie as a classic they are incorporating bits and pieces of everything into a movie making it something bland. its kind of like the wal mart of movies. you go there cuz u know there will probably be something you want, but if you are really looking for something specific you need to go to a shop designated for that specific thing

They killed Carrie Fisher for Rogue One to break 1bil. Those guys are ivil.

Just barely over a billion. And they've already started to alienate their core. I'm not the only one who's tired of watching them focus-test the heart right out of their characters.

Nobody gives a shit that you retards voted for a retard like you, disney is still going to be a powerhouse and doesnt give a shit about your right wing autism

Unfortunately people like you are in a minority though.

QED

Disney is owned by Jews

A company that thrives on creativity.

Jews do not have creative ability

>ruined Star Wars

Lucas already did that 18 years ago.

>ruined Marvel

How? By making the general public care about B/C-List superheroes? The MCU did far more for Captain America and Iron Man than ever thought possible. Those two alone out-gross X-Men and Spider-Man post-Avengers.

>ruined animated films

No argument there.

By "ruined" you mean turn them into the biggest franchizes in all of Hollywood? If I had to take a wild guess, they are purposely trying to make as much money as possible, which they seem to be doing a great job at.

The prequels are better than Disney SW and Iron Man (the one made without Disney) is still the best film in the MCU. Everything else is so bad compared to it. Seriously go back and watch Iron Man and you'll cry over how much everything has regressed since then. Iron Man is a masterpiece compared to CW and Dr Strange. This is because pre-Disney Marvel allowed actual artists to direct their movies.

Guess what faggot, i prefer the prequels more than your shitty original shit.

Not only the story was boring black and white autism, the characters were simplistic and just edgy

>furries
>good that they become anything other than mulch
Back to

This is what the money obsessed mind looks like.

The prequels were perfectly fine flicks and apart from midichlorians expanded the universe in interesting ways. It was autists that made their whole life about Star Wars and checked Jedi as their religion on government censuses that made Lucas go crazy and sell it off to the white slavers.

Well, that makes you a very tiny minority, so it's a really good thing Disney is not trying to pander to people like you but rather focuses on the people that actually matter, the ones who are in the majority and fucking hated the prequels.

Kill yourself RLMlet.

>Le you are a small minority
lol no, most people were raised with the prequels, not your shitty originals who literally were movies from another age that are mainly liked by simplistic southern grannies

Ha
>shut up you filthy right winger leave this massive conglomerate that infests the world with unimaginative soulless pop culture alone

Remind yourself of this "lefty"

You do realize that millions saw and enjoyed the prequels too right? You do realize this whole meme of prequels being iredeemable garbage didn't start until RLM's prequel reviews of half lies and manchild butthurt?

I guess RLM got what they wanted. Artistic influence was removed from the series and it was turned into nothing but safe nostalgiawank with some leftist propaganda thrown in to appease to journalists. TFA has suffered a backlash aswell.

Not at all, I'm just explaining to you what Disney is trying to do. When OP asks "are they purposely trying to be as shit as possible" then the answer is a clear "no". They are trying to make as much money as possible and to achieve that, they have to make movies that appeal to lots of people. Their commercial success is prove that these movies are enjoyed by millions of people.

Disney isn't trying to make "shit" movies to spite a handful of autistic nerds, they are trying to make the most amount of money by making enjoyable movies for everyone else.

Jews do have creative ability, otherwise they wouldn't be able to create such elaborate schemes

No, not really. Most people who saw them were very disappointed. You realize that the first time anyone has ever said anything positive about the prequels on Sup Forums was after TFA was announced, right? Pretending to like the prequels is 100% a contrarian reaction to Disney SW.

You implied making tons of money alone was a good thing and that they weren't ruining it at all. You read "ruining" and thought "What? But they're making so much money!"

>You do realize this whole meme of prequels being iredeemable garbage didn't start until RLM's prequel reviews of half lies and manchild butthurt?

Yeah user. Everything revolves around RLM. There wasn't a billion nerds complaining about JarJar and midichlorians when The Phantom Menace came out.
stop posting anytime

Well, what exactly is your definition of "ruining something"? To me, reviving a dead IP and turning it into a billion $ franchize that is both a success with hardcore fans, casuals and critics kinda is the opposite of ruining something. Is your definition by any chance "things I don't like"?

Complaining about Jar Jar =/= Saying the prequels were irredeemable garbage ala RLM

Fact is that those Plinkett reviews got seen by millions and the lies it spread about Lucas reached millions of people who were now intent on painting Lucas as the man who retroactively ruined their childhoods.

RLM is cancer and no wonder they started sucking Disney cock soon after when they were instrumental in Lucas wanting to be rid off the pressure and hatred.

>Star Wars
>dead
It was alive and well. If George had made another one, it would've made billions just like his prequel trilogy did. Disney didn't achieve anything special with TFA.

Pretty much everyone made fun of the prequels for how bad they were, from shit as mainstream as fucking Simpsons and Family Guy to the most obscure and irrelevant internet movie critic.

You don't understand RLM, which sarcastically and subtly mocks Disney, and almost no one liked the Prequels.

Pleaze
stop
posting