8th largest city in the US

>8th largest city in the US
>only have one professional sports team

Why?

Population =/= successful sports market

San Diego is an LA suburb./

Because literally more than half the people living here are from another state/city and they've brought their teams over with them. It's what happens when your city is mostly a navy bunker/tourist attraction

t. San diegan

We're still diehard Charger fans. Many of us are willing to pay taxes to get the Chargers back to San Diego. Fuck the NFL

city is run by corrupt crooks, everyone is stealing money from everyone

san diego does not need a major sports team, we don't even have room for it. they still aren't even sure what they are doing with qualcomm

this city is a mess.

>all of california and nevada is a suburb of la

No its not. Vegas is more of an LA suburb than SD

t. LA resident

SD is our little brother

literally watch any SD vs Dodgers games and tell me people there are rooting for the Dads.

Gulls are a pro team though

Same thing happens when the Giants play the Padres.

Is SD an SF suburb?

If you combine SD and TJ, the combined metro area has 6 million people. They deserve more teams

I live in LA and I hate people like you
>Hurr durr everything within a 200-mile radius of LA is an LA suburb lol

k tell that the government then

that's not a real thing, Beelzebub

oh that sucks. i visited SD recently and loved it. considering moving there desu

>hurr durr Pittsburgh is a suburb of Chicago

you are reading that map all wrong

>texas triangle and gulf coast

L-Lewd!

Which one is more irrelevant in sports?

Phoenix doesn't have anything near as iconic as the San Diego Chicken

>Guatemala is a suburb of la

If "Cascadia" was a country I'd move there

Phoenix at least has the 2001 WS going for them

Kek, not that far from being true tbqhwyf

>Using public tax payer funding to bring a team owned by a billionaire family
I'm glad we voted No.

0 (zero) professional sports teams.

Post proof or GTFO b8

it's called Urban Agglomeration, and it's a real term

San Diego here, Padres is enough. Could care less about MLS or nhl since gulls do fine and tijuana our sister city has xolos and Hong Kong

>Kentucky
who gives a fuck?

>the entire Midwest is one city
Fuck off Satan.

Coincidentally the exact number of pro teams we could realistically support.

I honestly feel like separating into 5-10 EU-like countries would solve a lot of the patriotism problems we have here

spics watch the mexican football league

LA and San Diego have a huge city rivalry, at least from the SD POV

>solve a lot of the patriotism problems we have here

that southeast would be 2008 Greece-tier once they stopped getting that Federal money

So Denver is also a suburb of Phoenix? How retarded can one person be?

No. Denver is in the Front Range, and Phoenix is in the Arizona Sun Corridor

w-who /soon to be back to 4 teams/ here?

Shit, got mixed up
Calling ABQ a suburb of Denver is equally retarded so doesn’t matter

>I feel national pride in a country with at least five distinct regions with different cultures
>I live in Nebraska so I just act however they tell me how America is on TV

The national motto is literally “Out of many, one.” Our variety of regions and cultures are in themselves a point of pride

Is there another city like San Diego? Similar in weather, beach, mountains but cheaper?

Tired of paying 3.5 a gallon for gas and 1200 a month for an apartment

Not really

>Our variety of regions and cultures are in themselves a point of pride
that's awfully optimistic and idealistic of you

but in the popular culture it's all Us vs. Them: Blue States vs. Red States, the Coasts vs. the Heartland, White vs. Black, Rich vs. Poor

You seriously don't believe that that phrase is describing the different cultures in the 50 states, do you?

Fuck

Lel

America is a White Country, libtard

>America is a white country, libtard

Not an argument
>America is a white country
>All whites have the same culture hurr

Maybe when it was only 13 states, jackass.

>In God We Trust

>E pluribus unum is no longer a thing because muh fee fees
Not how it works

But they have the San Diego chargers and the San Diego sharks??

The who? Chargers left meth head and definitely no sharks

San Diego is pretty white tbf

San Diego is a LA superb

>San Diego
>pretty white
>San Ysidro basically tijuana
>Barrio Logan

BASED American Patriotism WORKING the shit out of some libtard simpanzees on this thread

Kek, even Alpine and Ramona which are considered the whitest parts of SD have many Hispanics.

I feel really bad as someone from Cincinnati for KY fans. They're not even from here yet they somehow still support the cancerous organizations here.

kentucky does have a professional sport, dying from opioid and meth addictions

>being this much of a cuck

Typical handegg faggot

Why does the Bay Area have more teams than San Diego? I always thought SD was more major

well the bay area is obvioulsy more major than san diego, when you consider its basically one large metropolitan area similar to greater los angeles

the reason you dont see more san diego teams is because there are 2 greater metro areas within california already, and leagues dont want to overcrowd california with teams more than they already do

notice how san diego teams generally have some of the smallest and least active fanbases (not criticizing loyalty or anything like that for san diego fans, just stating the facts in terms of ticket sales and merch)

San Diego as a city is larger than any Bay Area city.

lmao I go to SD Airport often and it's almost fully white
compared to LA its pretty damn white

LA isn't really a city, its just a loose collection of suburbs around a few pitiful skyscrapers and a subway line that goes 3 blocks

Why would Mexicans need to fly?

Honestly?

LA draws the bulk of Southern California power brokers, which has left SD prime to be strangled by the handful of brokers that have kept the bulk of their authority located there. We are talking the notorious hoteliers, and developers who own the financial, and therefore political strength of the community.

Case and point, Fuck Dean Spanos first and foremost, but the exact same group of people who objected to his Initiative to raise the tax added to any purchase of a hotel room in San Diego that would have been used to subsidize the construction of a new Stadium for the Chargers, who cited that doing so would make the rooms too expensive and lead to a decline of tourism in SD, have come out and are now pushing the exact same proposal and methodology to subsidize the expansion of SD's convention center.

These motherfuckers are thick as thieves, and won't throw their support behind anything unless it leads to more money going into all of their pockets.

What do people complain about when it comes to building new stadiums?
>Taxpayers shouldn't be tasked with subsidizing the construction of the new home of a franchise owned by a billionaire. That Billionaire should pay for it himself.

So after the Chargers left, there was literally a pack of fund managers who made the proposal of paying for the development of the Mission Valley site where formerly Qualcomm Stadium still sits. They wanted to take a toilet bowl of a stadium with an eyesore of a parking lot, and turn it into the new home of an MLS franchise, that would be shared with SDSU's football team, extend development land to SDSU to develop new housing and research space for students, commercial spaces for shops, restaurants, and other employment opportunities, as well as a river park for environmentalists, and they wanted to pay for all of it. Things were going well until the fat cats mobilized, and what had been a sure thing probably won't pass the vote in November.

>We're still diehard Charger fans.
Speak for yourself, bruh.
Deano and his dipshit kids turned their back on me. The team is dead to me until it is owned by someone else, whether they be in San Diego or not.

>tfw I was at the Murph when they took the Chicken out of mothballs and had him fight Barney the Dinosaur for the halftime entertainment of a Chargers game

Right there with you bro. MLS and NHL teams are a diamond dozen.

>His city doesn't have TWO teams in every major sports

git gud

Living in jew York? I'll pass

SD is basically Little Mexico.

With the pricing of Los Angeles

>Could care less about MLS or nhl
So you do care quite a bit then?

best city in this country desu

t. white trash from flyover state

>best city
Keep telling yourself that cucks

t. jealous

Any and every city in or around LA/Commiefornia is indeed Spic-nation.
I don't blame Mexico for sending off all their hobbit fat chicanos, so at least I'm thankful CA is taking the blow! Reminder whites are very much a minority in CA.