So, why did he rape Deborah?

So, why did he rape Deborah?

The talmud told him to

to get to the other side.

He didn't. It was all an opium dream.

Elizabeth McGovern is my cheekfu

She wouldn't give him the pusy, despite all the fancy shit he did for her, so he was influenced by his criminal side to just take the pusy, because that's all he knows.

The only part that was an opium dream was that fucky ending were Max faked his death and shit.

Still would but I dunno how you can like the already-drooped cheek look when we have perfectly good jawfus (13, giada) for the cheeks to latch onto for life.

cdn1.aznude.com/elizabethmcgovern/ragtime/Ragtime-McGovern-HD-mp4-01-hd.mp4

forgot pic

Why did she enjoy being raped?

JUSTiette Lewis?

She a Thot

Well he already paid for the sex.

No, all of the 'future' scenes are part of the dream. Notice how everyone he meets forgives him, starting with the fat bar owner that he left for dead. He's imagined the scenario to absolve himself of his guilt.

1D checkers

There's rape in the other two films of the trilogy, the fairy tales about American civilization. Peckinpah also had rape in most of his films. They were fascinated with the darkest side of human and male nature. It's part of the deconstruction of the Fordian idealism; the west was uncivilized and America was built on violence. Their characters are ruthless thugs. But they're also still humane, they're ambiguous and often have redemptive traits. Often they fall prey to their own violent sexual instincts, it's a weakness, it's never glorified. Noodles raping Deborah is such a sad scene, because he so obviously loves her deeply but doesn't know how else to express it, as violence is all he knows. This is how Leone viewed America, with a very pessimistic love and cruel tenderness.

No one gave a shit about rape in the 60s.

All the films from the trilogy have a rape scene, but this one is the most ambiguous. There's an incredible character strength to her, she's not just a victim. She hates him for killing her husband, but on a primal level that makes her want him.

>Frank and Jill
>Juan and the train bourgeoise
>Noodles and Deborah

The ambiguity in those rape scenes is what makes them so brilliant and troubling though.

Juan, the protagonist and hero of the film, is introduced by raping a woman, and that somehow still makes him seem sympathetic. Absolutely unthinkable nowadays.
Deborah's rape is actually a love scene, which is why it's so tragic and beautiful and disturbing. Again, no one would get away with making a scene like this today.

>Leone: Absolutely. At the Cannes Festival, an idiot accused me of complacency towards misogyny and antifeminine sadism because of this sequence. She had understood nothing. I told her I was not antifeminist but if all feminists were like her, I was going to apply myself in quickly making a film against feminists! I was really furious because her accusation was too absurd. This rape scene is a cry of love! Noodles has spent fifteen years in prison. He never stopped thinking about this woman who was on the outside. He was always madly in love with her. To the point of leaving with her when he regained his freedom. To the point of telling her everything he is... All that he has done! He is a professional gangster but his love is so great that he cannot hide anything from this woman. He took her to a great place that he rented for a fortune... Just so that she could choose a table that she liked. And so they could be alone and happy... He loved her so much he behaved like a prince with her. He transformed the evening into a fairy tale. He confessed all his love for her. He said she was the light which got him through fifteen years of imprisonment.

I fapped to that scene so many time back in teh day.

>No one gave a shit about rape in the 60s.
What? It's a film about the prohibiton era released in the 80's

The first film of the trilogy came out in the 60s and Peckinpah worked in the 60s.

But no one gave a shit about rape in the 80s either.

Because nobody would buy it not because you can't do it. You don't rape someone out of love any more than you beat your toddler out of fear.

You understand nothing

t. nigger

Once Upon a time in America is one of my favorite films and while I can understand the stuff about Noodles' past are dreams But interpeting the "future" parts as dreams is retarded

She wasn't really raped. She was in on the whole thing

>watch Dollars Trilogy
>love it
>watch Once Upon A Time In The West
>extremely boring
>central conflict wraps itself up off-screen
>underwhelmed
>watch Once Upon A Time In America
>overly long
>didn't give a shit about the little kid dying
>rapey DeNiro
>James Woods throws himself into a garbage truck lol

Sergio Leone's filmography outside of the Dollars Trilogy is disappointing. I'll even put an asterisk next to the Dollars Trilogy, since A Fistful of Dollars is just a worse version of Yojimbo. For A Few Dollars More is an overlooked masterpiece, and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is top 5 all-time.

>I can understand the stuff about Noodles' past are dreams
lolwut

Unironically kill yourself you fucking reddit piece of shit.

All the parts of his childhood are a bit dream-like, don't you think? The music and everything when he spies on deborah for example

No, not really.

I can see the idea about the ending being a bit dreamful but I assume that's only because he cut almost an hour from the Cannes version so shit doesn't really make much sense while the youth parts are a coherent package.

Didn't Harmonica also try to rape Jill?

This movie is utter wank.

Just Try James Woods

Rape was normal back then bro

Noodles' opium face makes me feel warm

>played two villains in the trilogy, plebs never notice this but notice it about Van Cleef
>only actor to have worked with both Leone and JP Melville
>was in two films that won the palme d'or the same year, undisputed king of 60-70s italian commie kino
>even better performances in goat spaghetti kino like face to face and el chuncho
>half a dozen other kinos like Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion
severely underrated actor

>Leone confirms the validity of this interpretation, saying that the scenes set in the 1960s could be seen as an opium dream of Noodles.

Okay then, maybe I'm retarded because I'd never think about it that way. Judging on Noodles smile in the end he'd dream of eternal sunshine or some shit