Do you like this movie?

Do you like this movie?

I thought this movie was really good in the past.

But I watched it last night and it was enjoyable but pretty bad with weird acting, strange quick cuts that made no sense and too much homosexuality.

It's dated really badly.

It's close to perfect

I was kind of dissapointed. Like I expected some kind of gritty (for 80s anyway) crime drama, but it was just a generic action flick with goofier looking leads. It felt like something Mel Gibson would make between actual classics.

I dig it

The counterfitting scene directly led to my career in graphics.

greatest 80's film

it's a good movie but it really feels like an 80s movie in a bad way

>implying anything can be 80's in a bad way

The 80's were the height of western culture

the car chase is kino and I love the plot twist near the end but it feel more like generic 80s movie than a friedkin film

>You're working for me now.

Watched the Arrow release 3 days ago. It is a copthriller of high quality. Dafoe is great and Friedkin had fuckin balls with that ending. As mentioned the car chase is on par with the chase in French Connection.

It's great, but it's no Manhunter

I shit on mann

NOT GRITTY ??! WILL PETERSON GETS SHOT IN THE FUCKING HEAD !!!

Wang Chung did amazing on the soundtrack. This is one of my favorite movies, and the soundtrack is a big reason for that.

Faggot

The scene where dafoe kisses geena davis after some dance thing or whatever, there is a quick cut and then there is a body swap with geena being replaced by a man.

Geena Davis isn't in this movie. Do you mean Debra Feuer?

It is great. Dafoe, people getting shot at the end, the soundtrack. It has this strange urgency to it.

this

>Live Die la
is this some SEA shit?

Oh yeah, they looked similar back then. Dafoe still kissed a man in this movie

I remember I used to love this movie for being edgy enough to randomly shoot the main character's face off, but it really doesn't have that much going for it. Just feels like Friedkin was aping 80s action movie conventions purely for the purpose of baiting and switching the audience in the end. The end result just feels like two opposite movies mashed together, one about the ultimate badass agent who gets things done, another about a corrupt psychopath digging himself into a hole and facing the consequences, depending on which scene you're watching. Also it was really goofy how quickly the manlet partner apparently turned into an ultimate badass at the end. Also the soundtrack was terrible.

>the manner partner apparently turned into the ultimate badass

Lol I remember questioning that bullshit

John Pankow is based, fuck off.

Honestly, I didn't like this movie that much but enjoyed seeing all the actors who had worked with Michael Mann or would work with him and the pseudo-Miami Vice vibe. Pic related, John Pankow in the MV episode 'Glades.'

I'm sure he's a fine actor, but he just couldn't pull off a role where he plays 99% of the movie as a flummoxed little white collar guy in a treasury agent uniform, then suddenly he's Mel Gibson at the end

Untrue. It seems your referential is too limited to the Gibson prototype, and you can't process variations from that tough guy style.

DAFOE KISSED A FUCKING MAN IN THIS MOVIE