Christianity Thread

Catholics and heretical Orthodox Christians welcome
Other heretics should convert.
Stay and listen as we argue about pointless shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf208.vii.viii.html
ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf204.vi.ii.i.i.html
ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf05.iii.iv.ii.iv.html
ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf01.ix.iv.ii.html
newadvent.org/fathers/2904.htm
newadvent.org/fathers/1311.htm
newadvent.org/fathers/2915.htm
ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf207.ii.viii.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Hakb6S0IpgY
youtube.com/watch?v=WeovGfNEEsk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Zeitoun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof#Proving_a_negative
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>2016
>being Protestant

The Orthodox Church speaks out on immigration and usury.

26th of June, 2016

On immigration
>Such an important aspect of modern life like mass migration is not left unattended. Unlike the Catholic approach that unduly favors migrants, particularly in Europe, the Orthodox notices the negative nature of the process, as well as the fact that it leads to confrontation of different identities and value systems. In addition, the Orthodox Church propose to look at the roots of this phenomenon. The reason for the migration is the liberal, hedonistic ideology bleeding the peoples of Europe and the interests of the capitalist elite, who need a cheap and disenfranchised workforce:

>Attempts by indigenous people of the rich countries to stop the migration flow are futile, because they come in conflict with greed of their own elites who are interested in the low-wage workforce.

On usury
> The only alternative to the global fictitious liberal economy can only be a real Christian economy.

>Business expectations in lending, often ghostly becomes more profitable than the production of tangible goods. In this regard, it must be remembered about the moral ambiguity of the situation, when money is "make" new money without the application of human labor. Declaring credit sphere to be the main engine of the economy, its predominance over the real economic sector comes into conflict with the moral principles, reveled by God condemning usury.

This.

>"But we do not rest only on the fact that such is the tradition of the Fathers; for they too followed the sense of Scripture, and started from the evidence which, a few sentences back, I deduced from Scripture and laid before you."
St.Basil's on the Holy spirit, chapter VII:16
ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf208.vii.viii.html

>"For although the sacred and inspired Scriptures are sufficient to declare the truth"
St.Athanasius Against the Heathen 1:3
ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf204.vi.ii.i.i.html

>"There is, brethren, one God, the knowledge of whom we gain from the Holy Scriptures, and from no other source. For just as a man, if he wishes to be skilled in the wisdom of this world, will find himself unable to get at it in any other way than by mastering the dogmas of philosophers, so all of us who wish to practice piety will be unable to learn its practice from any other quarter than the oracles of God. Whatever things, then, the Holy Scriptures declare, at these let us look; and whatsoever things they teach, these let us learn"
Hippolytus, Against the Heresy of One Noetus, 9.
ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf05.iii.iv.ii.iv.html

>"We have learned from none others the plan of our salvation, than from those through whom the Gospel has come down to us, which they did at one time proclaim in public, and, at a later period, by the will of God, handed down to us in the Scriptures, to be the ground and pillar of our faith."
St.Irenaeus, against heretics 3:1:1
ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf01.ix.iv.ii.html

>"Let the inspired Scripture, then, be our umpire, and the vote of truth will surely be given to those whose dogmas are found to agree with the Divine words."
St. Gregory of Nyssa, On the Holy Trinity.
newadvent.org/fathers/2904.htm

Fuck off, LARPer

>"what more can I teach you, than what we read in the Apostle? For holy Scripture sets a rule to our teaching, that we dare not be wise more than it behooves to be wise; but be wise, as himself says, unto soberness, according as unto each God has allotted the measure of faith."
St.Augustine, Of the Good of Widowhood 2.
newadvent.org/fathers/1311.htm

>"we are not entitled to such licence, I mean that of affirming what we please; we make the Holy Scriptures the rule and the measure of every tenet; we necessarily fix our eyes upon that, and approve that alone which may be made to harmonize with the intention of those writings."
St. Gregory of Nyssa, On the Soul and the Resurrection
newadvent.org/fathers/2915.htm

>"Have thou ever in thy mind this seal, which for the present has been lightly touched in my discourse, by way of summary, but shall be stated, should the Lord permit, to the best of my power with the proof from the Scriptures. For concerning the divine and holy mysteries of the Faith, not even a casual statement must be delivered without the Holy Scriptures; nor must we be drawn aside by mere plausibility and artifices of speech. Even to me, who tell thee these things, give not absolute credence, unless thou receive the proof of the things which I announce from the Divine Scriptures. For this salvation which we believe depends not on ingenious reasoning, but on demonstration of the Holy Scriptures."
Cyril of Jerusalem's Catechetical Lectures, 5:17
ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf207.ii.viii.html

Some fathers on Sola Scriptura

Orthodox """"Christians""""

One piece of proof for God plz. It's all I ask.

Ask Him for proof, not us.

How can I ask something that doesn't exist for proof?Surely if he's real there should beat least a little bit of evidence.

>Give me proof of X
>Go look for X
>X doesn't exist. Give me proof of X.

Okay user.

Can't still accept the fact that every protestant country is degenerate as fuck huh? Polls were people are hypocrites don't prove shit.

>something that doesn't exist
>One piece of proof for God plz

Stop pretending that you are open-minded and want the truth, when given the opportunity to speak with God you instantly dismiss Him as non-existent. It's incredibly stupid.

>where's the answer?
behind this door, open it and see for yourself
>shut up there's nothing behind that door
open it and see
>no, you are delusional, i win!

>every protestant country is degenerate as fuck

Because they are more accurate/closer to the bible.

Most Greeks are democrats in America due to how times where when they or their parents immigrated (most Russians in America are Republicans though, because they fled the USSR and thus hated the left--but Greek descendants here heavily, heavily outweigh Russian). Pretty everyone in America who identifies as Greek ethnically also identifies as "Orthodox" regardless of whether or not they practice anymore than celebrating Easter on a different day.

Most of my parish is for Trump, you would never see a Catholic priest doing pic related

>this triggers christians

>justifing degeneracy
The worst of the worst.

61% is a lot higher of a percentage than the percentage of those who practice and attend out of those who identify as Orthodox

>protestants
>accurate at understanding the bible

Le ebin xddddd

The west in general is degenerate, Catholic countries being just slightly less so but noticeably more poor and backwards doesn't seem like a great accomplishment.

>/nu/pol
what's strange here? Most of the faggots posting nowadays are from The Amazing Atheist and Sargon of Akkad

Jesus helps me lift.

>Muh secular supremacy
Accept Jesus in your heart, as your Lord and savior!
I'll leave the rest to God. :^)

why does god hate me i have been doing everything right

is there anyway I can kill myself without it being suicide

>catholics countries slightly less
lol nope
youtube.com/watch?v=Hakb6S0IpgY
>more poor and backwards
>being """""backwards""""" as bad
being proggresive is better?
>poor
what is communism

fuck off christ cucks

The Westboro Baptist Church is right about everything so tonight it will be the perfect time to show GOD how much i love and fear him by surrendering my soul to hell by commiting suicide so that GOD and all his ANGELS can see that im willing to do the same as jesus once did and die for our sins I SHALL BECOME THE NEW JESUS WHEN GOD TAKES ME UNDER HIS LIGHT. I ASK OF YOU TO JOIN ME SO WE CAN SHOW GOD THAT WE ARE READY AND THAT WE ARE WILLING TO GO TO HELL AND BURN FOR OUR SINS SO THAT WE CAN BE PURE IN HIS EVER SEEING EYES AMEN MAY THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDE ME AS I PREPARE THE MEANS TO SO TONIGHT AMEN!

Why do you think he hates you?

Not sure on the technical definition, but you're going to have to get pretty clever for it to be nonobvious.

I wouldn't say that it's because of their protestanism, they used to be pretty based, its more because every protestant country has become increasingly atheist lately

quebec has churches everywhere still

This. One of the problems with it being trendy to be 'atheist'. When shit hits the fan the line to the churches are still as long, but only a couple keep it alive in between.

Dannebror, faith to god not the establishment. Crown by god not by the curch. You agree?

>I believe a 2000 year old collection of texts

jej

>a
>fucking
>bongistan

>Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made
the Lord his hope and confidence.
- Jeremiah 17:7

In the Lord, put your trust.
- Psalms 11:1
- I Corinthians 14:33

If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believeth.
- Mark 9:23

O, give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good.
- I Chronicles 16:34

For in Him we live, and move and have our being.
- Acts 17:28

Fear thou not . . . I will strengthen thee. . . I will help thee.
- Isaiah 41:10

Wisdom is a fountain of life to him who has it.
- Proverbs 16:22

Oi lad i'll fooking rekt you if you keep chatting shit
- t. Judas 14:33

>new = true
>old = false

Christian """intellectuals"""

go home reddit

>women

>Catholics are confused sheeps
>Not thinking you can believe in god without being a bitch

Orthodox are Schismatics not Heretics mate

im a christian but i dont believe in god. that would just be stupid.

You can believe in christian values. But without god you really can't be christian.

>Deism

*tips*

any christfag who can awnser this ,its been bothering me for week

>why did jesus not turn the stones into bread

i get the part with thou shall not test your lord, and his kingdom is not of this earth. But why turn the stones in bread after have not eaten for 40 days ?

>Christianity
lmao lads

15 thousand people of all ages singing in unison with 10 of thousands more watching and singing along from a nation of less then 2 million, celebrating their paganistic roots that were preserved in spite of Christian attempts to purge them for 700 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=WeovGfNEEsk

Paganism is the soul of the nation.

Brcause he was rejecting xoming to thisnworld to provide worldly needs, but spiritual needs.

>Role-playing adherence to an ancient Communist Jew

90% chance you fuckers are part of the cuckservative problem, the Christian churches are the primary cause for substance control, female suffrage, and a major contributor to Western immigration problems.

Fuck off and die you morons.

>the Christian churches are the primary cause for substance control, female suffrage, and a major contributor to Western immigration problems.

They're that way because of atheists and secularists like you moron

But he was hungry why would it be a sin to turn stones in to bread when you are death

no, paganism is a devil worshiping and need to be purged.

Because ephemeral things (this life) matter less than absolute things (God)

NEVER FORGET:

Christianity is the most cucked religion ever.

near death

I know these are just roleplay threads, but them you guys are so delusional I have no words to describe it.
In your dreams, christians are mighty crusaders and bulwark against islam, while in fact you are just all cucked, refugees welcome fags that lick the feet of niggers.

Truth is, Kek is more real then your pathetic excuse for god ever was.

They used to be very honourable for the past millennia or so

It's why pic related exists

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Zeitoun

>.

Your religion is still cucked and fake.

The Western branch of it. Because of Western secularism and atheism (people like you)

t. Orthodox

>2016
>Being degenerates that worship mary and allow gay priests
>catholics understanding the bible at all

Take a greek class pleb

>christian life is best life
>but only if you love nigger cock and muslim semen

Where is the unified church?
Where is the conversion of Russia?

Are you telling me that (((holy mother))) lied?

Fake as fuck.

Also:
> No evidence for flood
> No evidence that earth was created in 7 days
> No evidence for Jesus or his miracles
> Two members of a species can't form a population.
and I can go on almost forever. Also there is a shit load of contradictions in bible and it is so open to interpretation that you can twist the holy word of got to fit almost any narrative.

but i am a christian. why do i have to believe in god to be one?

> (((christian))) morality

Without christfags you would be sucking muhammad cock 1000 years ago

>>No evidence for flood
>>No evidence that earth was created in 7 days
>>No evidence for Jesus or his miracles

Assuming this was true: Absence of Evidence =! in the slightest Evidence of Absence

>2016
>sucking pope dick

Christian values are okay until they become beliefs. Fanatics of all sorts are disgusting (less than muslims though).

Without a strong european white males, you wanted to say, right? I say that strong people defend they territory against foreign invaders no matter they religion.

If you think otherwise you are naive.
Also, pic related, modern (((christians)))

There is no honour in naturalistic faiths

Except that you don't have to prove negative. There is no evidence that it did happen so only logical conclusion is that it didn't.

Google Chinese teapot orbiting Jupiter (or return to elementary school...)

>If you disagree with my baseless belief you are naive

And thank god there is no evidence for that heaven forbid that assholes like you end up in heaven

>Except that you don't have to prove negative.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof#Proving_a_negative

ignore satanic trips

All people of all religion defend their territory against invaders.

Jesus preaches "do not resist an evil person"
Also
>not an argument

You are not just naive, you are also stupid, Mohammad.

>if you disagree with my speculations you are naive and stupid

Cheers for the clarification

I think that we now have a proof that you are heretic

Maybe you should eat a vegetarian diet to get strong again dr shekkelstein approves it

>We are all faggots because of fake jews infiltrating everything

> this is what christians actually believe in

>be Catholic
>want to convert to Church of Ireland

Am I doing good lads?

going to be making the jump to Orthodoxy soon.

It'll take at least a year but I have an uphill battle getting right with God.

I'm a recovering alcoholic degenerate, trying to quit smoking and I'm scared.

Pray for me anons.

God be with you all.

Go back to church secularised mate. You've abandoned your faith for nothing

>Narnia

Hold up, what?

but you are user. A weak member of the weakest religion.

Go hug a muslim.

I don't think you understand the meaning of "unified church." The apparitions of Mary(what I posted) indicates that no Christian Sect is specifically favored under the Christian God.

The conversion of Russia has worked. i.e. the utter failure of communism.

Also:
>Fine Tuning
>Shroud of Turin
>Producer of Passion of Christ struck by lightning lives
>Pope Francis Peace Doves immediately attacked after being let go in front of crowd
I can go on almost forever