Describe Qui-Gon without mentioning his occupation or appearance

>Describe Qui-Gon without mentioning his occupation or appearance
"Independent minded and hardheaded, but measured and wise."
Wow, so hard.

When did you grow out of RLM?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WsrbQK9kgQg&t=550s
thestarwarstrilogy.com/starwars/FILES/2014/09/Red-Letter-Media-Episode-I-Review-A-Study-in-Fanboy-Stupidity.pdf.axdx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The most embarassing part of that "experiment" is that everyone he asks is just his cronies who all agree with him anyway. Like why bother doing that if you're just going to invalidate all your findings anyway?

he's hardheaded? is that what that word means?

i don't remember the movie too well, what's some stubborn stuff he does? he wants to train the little kid or something right

He defies the council to their faces, and is implied to have done it before. ("Don't defy the council master, not again".)
His dying wish to Obi Wan is to train Anakin, against (at the time) the will of the council.

These are the type of people who drove Lucas towards selling Star Wars to Disney.

If it wasn't for these rediculous nitpicky videos, which have paper thin arguments, he would have carried on with E7-9 himself.
Instead he didn't want to deal with these manbaby 'fans' demanding him to be uncreative and just recycle more from the OT.

So you can thank RLM for what we are getting today.

>stares at things and mumbles

There, even more concise.

What do you gain by lying?
Is the health of your Ego somehow tied up in RLM being correct?

>Describe Qui-Gon without mentioning his occupation or appearance
Who?

Seriously, before watching the RLM videos I didn't even know what that character's name was.

And that describes his character in what way? Do you get a sense of who he is or what kind of role he plays in the story?

If anything it makes me think the council would not have sent him on a sensitive diplomatic mission if this guy was gonna defy their orders and was "hardheaded"

I also don't know why they sent a Jedi in the first place.

You could same the same about literallt any character in any movie.
A character's ocupation is a pretty important thing if the story focuses on it.

No, considering they thought TFA was good.

it was a funny internet review about a stupid movie, it's not like it's an exact science.

Yes, his character informs his character and and actions. Very braindead question, honestly.

But he's perfect for the mission BECAUSE it could require some unorthodox action. Like when it goes bad and he has to mind trick Boss Nass to get to Theed.

i hate them so fucking much. the smug "never impressed with anything" look on their faces and the way they gleefully shit on everything as if it's a given that they know they could do it better (even though they couldn't) i hate them. i hate them so much.

You've seen none of the many episodes where they discuss great new or classic movies?

>taking the review that seriously
Did Mike hurt your feelings?

>that seriously
Describing his flawed methodology isn't okay?

Lmao

>wise
"i'm going to adopt this obviously disturbed child and separate him from his mother, his only family, whom i will leave in slavery on a backwater planet and never allow him to see again. i will also risk his life in a high-speed race that routinely results in brutal accidents and deaths. additionally, i will train this disturbed child in ancient and powerful esoteric arts, despite the objections of literally the most senior jedi in the galaxy and their warnings of certain danger. later i will take this small child into an active warzone, where my negligence will result in his being trapped inside a starfighter and participation in literal space combat, as is appropriate for a 9 year old. i am a measured and wise man."

>(even though they couldn't)
this

Why is this board so obsessed with trying to vindicate the irredeemable crock of shit that is the prequels?

You can't call your self a true Star Wars fan if you don't love the prequels.

>>wise
"This child saves the galaxy and kills the evil Emperor."

>"Independent minded and hardheaded, but measured and wise."
This could be said of every main character in TPM, since they're all serious and boring

>youtube.com/watch?v=WsrbQK9kgQg&t=550s
The prequels were the best thing to happen to Star Wars. Honestly, TFA was garbage. ROTJ gave us Slave Leia. AOTC gave us tight pants mid-riff Padme. Until this new trilogy gets a sexy outfit, it is garbage.

>after my actions led to his enslaving it for 30 years and destroying entire planets and populations

You're right. This was clearly a scientific study and should have been handled like one.

Where is the International Bureau of Peer Review and why didn't they do something about this?

Contrarians

"B-but you couldn't do it better either!!"is a shit argument.

There seems to be a weird perception going around that hating the prequels somehow implies liking Disney Wars.

Being called a "true fan" is not worth compromising your standards for.

I consider every bit of Star Wars fandom to be part of the lore. Gets a lot better when you add the Leia rape stories into the movies.

That's irrelevant though (also it's not true, Obi isn't measured or all that wise, or a council-defier, until the end when he doesn't for Qui-Gon. The description doesn't fit Anakin or Jar Jar either). as you agree that it describes Qui-Gon.

30 years or a thousand year Sith Reich? Which one sounds more appealing?

>defending the Prequels and literally getting triggered over people criticizing them

So it's come to this, huh Sup Forums?

So you hate the prequels... and you hate the sequels... do you like the Ewoks cartoon at least? Asking for a friend. Jub jub.

More and more underaged faggots are now migrating to Sup Forums.

Underaged faggots saw Star Wars Episode I in theaters as children and theit shitty underdeveloped brains thought it was awesome, so now when they see Mike Stoklossa dare criticize George Lucas' giant cash-grabbing CGI turd they get triggered and fly into full defense-mode.

Haven't seen them.

What of the droid attack on the Wookies?

Yousa taken that back. Wesa preparrrrrreed to go to war wit yo banta podoo.

>bets everything and a queen on a 6yo winning a 200mph race

Not a true Star Wars fan if you haven't. Watch them. Watch them all. Every episode of Ewoks. Watch the Ewoks movies as well. And buy the Ewoks comics. They are very important to the overall lore of these films and so, unless you see them, you are missing a heavy part of the subtlety of these films. Jub jub.

RLM has reached the popularity threshold that pushes Sup Forums into contrarianism so it will have to religiously attack them and defend what they attack. I want RLM to do a review on Rick and Morty and see the clusterfuck that'd produce.

Remember when unironically defending the Prequels against criticism was with nitpicky drivel was something reserved for autistic fanboy spergs, and it was something we made fun of them for?

thestarwarstrilogy.com/starwars/FILES/2014/09/Red-Letter-Media-Episode-I-Review-A-Study-in-Fanboy-Stupidity.pdf.axdx

Now it's something Sup Forums itself does unironically.

Sup Forums is now filled with people as unironically autistic as Jim Raynor.

And it payed off.

In my dreams Annie died and the queen became the slave of a trash man.

I'd love to see a Sup Forums defense of Star Trek Nemesis or Into Darkness.

Into Darkness is trash but Nemesis is a great film.

I enjoyed the fighting in Episode 1, but that's cause I was 12 and, you know, it was fun. The story was fine, I understood it and questioned some of the shit but it was a film, who cares? I don't hate or like the films. I've watched them many times and I can say the best thing about them is John Williams.

>There are unironic Prequel-fans ITT

What was your favorite moment in Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

Mine is the part where Jar Jar Binks steps in the pile of poopy in the middle of the road and dances around going "ICKY ICKY POO" for like 10 seconds.

Truly that scene will live on in pop-culture history.

The prequels were always mixed, they contained good things and bad things. We can all agree to that. But what RLM did and what is so dangerous to the entire medium really is that they narrowed Star Wars down to strictly what the OT is and then proceeded to butcher the prequels for not being that. It basically painted the prequels as inherently broken, inherently wrong and inherently bad. This is simply false when considering the fanbase reception as there were clearly a ton of things that went right with the prequels and made a rightful place in the SW universe.

When RLM complains that TPM doesn't have a clear protagonist, he does so on the basis that ANH had one. But why must TPM have one protagonist? Why must we narrow down Star Wars to the ANH template? Funny enough Disney ended up following this route of the OT template and ended up failing miserably. Whereas Lucas took Star Wars, purposely went out of his way to create something new and original.

See, this is the issue with saying the RLM reviews. It in many ways reflect the most disgusting part of modern Internet culture, where what is different and new is treated with distaste and what is in line with expectations is praised to high heavens, even if all those praises will mean nothing as everyone will have forgotten the film the week after.

Apparently you haven't grown out of RLM because you make a new thread about hem every half hour.

>Jar Jar Binks
>Clumsy, a clown, an outcast among his own poeple. A feeble minded buffoon.

MIKE BTFO

Episode 1 was an important film because it introduced us to the main villain of Star Wars, Jar Jar Binks, the being who would give power to the Emperor and drove Anakin to be a psycho-mass murderer. I want Episode IX to have his return, the true mastermind behind the Galactic Empire and the threat to the galaxy we never saw exterminated.

Go on, this I want to hear.

>The story was fine
It wasn't.

>I understood it
No you fucking didn't. Not even Lucas understood it. It's a fucking muddled mess about Space-Taxes and supply blockades that doesn't make any actual sense in functionality.

RLM shills are disgusting. Let's unite so we can throw the Disney cocksuckers back to the depths of Reddit.

>disagree with someone
>AHAHA TRIGGERED MUCH FAGGOT?

Millennials were a mistake

FOOLPROOF

>ITT Shitquel apologists who grew up with cartoons that gave backstories to the mess that was I - III.
Worst part is their weird revisionist history where everyone loved the prequels until the mean Youtube man came.

>he doesn't understand how a trade blockades work
Even as 7 I understood TPM just fine. Mike you need to realize not every kid was as dumb as you are.

The moment in the angar when Darth Maul appears and no one shoots him.

But there wouldn't have been a "Sith Reich" to begin with... Training Anakin CAUSED the Emperor to take power at all.

>>Describe Qui-Gon without mentioning his occupation or appearance
Incompetent betting addict.

Sounds like a good setup for Princess Trainer II.

It only took you 5 years.

More of a Grey Jedi than a Light Jedi. That's how i describe him.
He was one of the very few Jedi in the order who actually dared to think, to question, to find the best answers to complex questions without being too chained up by morality.

>Worst part is their weird revisionist history where everyone loved the prequels until the mean Youtube man came.

This.

I am fucking amazed at how some of these people legitimately think nobody hated the Prequels before March of 2009.

Let's pretend you're right for a moment. You should explain it to the rest of us.

Why was the Trade Federation blockading Naboo? Why did they listen to the anonymous hologram with the hood? How did they intend to justify it to the government? Why did Palpatine want the queen to sign a treaty so bad?

Please be specific and detailed, because I genuinely want to know.

dem fresh royal holes

qui gonn makes deadbeat deads look like a hard working ghandi

>Why was the Trade Federation blockading Naboo?
Because they wanted more power

>Why did they listen to the anonymous hologram with the hood?
Implied backstory of them being in cahoots. Only a retard would assume that was their first time talking. It's a shitty retarded point RLM made that literally nobody had objected to prior. Nothing says he was anonymous. He was Darth Sidious. They knew who he was.

>How did they intend to justify it to the government?
They had no intentions to

>Why did Palpatine want the queen to sign a treaty so bad?
To legitimize the invasion? Palpatine wanted to disrupt the order and peace of the Republic so he could abuse the chaos and gain more executive power. Possibly to smear Valurom and gain more power by being a middle hand of the two opposing factions.

0/10

It's ok Mike you'll always have your brain dead drones on Reddit to give you patreon money you fucking sellout.

>Because they wanted more power
How does blockading Naboo achieve that goal?

>Implied backstory
Not an argument

>They had no intentions to
And get gangbanged by the rest of the Galaxy?

>To legitimize the invasion?
Why?

You seem upset. Calm down, take a breath and try not to post retarded shit like that.

> invalidate all your findings
pfffffhahahaha

>ROTJ gave us Slave Leia. AOTC gave us tight pants mid-riff Padme

But which was better?

Kill yourself ASAP

I'm not upset. I explained perfectly fine why RLM reviews are horseshit. And your desperate attempt to downplay that shows. There's always Reddit to kiss your Disney shilling ass.

>grow out of
no nigger, im not an easily impressed upon child who thinks its hilarious when some whining nerd makes a lame ass fake voice and fake rages about the prequels with the most mundane boring fucking complaints possible

that sort of mentality are for the plebs who tune in to comedy central and now HBO for their fucking sole news source for the world outside their precious safe space bubble

now go pretend you matter, you stupid little cucks who can't even form your own god damn opinions

Which part of specific and detailed did you not understand?

>Because they wanted more power
How does the blockade gain them power? They're spending a shitload of resources keeping their fleet of donuts sitting in orbit. What do they get back?

>He was Darth Sidious. They knew who he was.
Did they know he was Senator Palapatine? If not, the question remains: what do they gain by listening to him? Who the hell is he? If so, why didn't they rat him out after they got caught?

>They had no intentions to
So a huge, costly civil war was the plan all along?

>To legitimize the invasion? Palpatine wanted to disrupt the order and peace of the Republic so he could abuse the chaos and gain more executive power.
.Why would he want to legitimize the invasion? Once the treaty is signed, order and peace are restored. And he can't claim to be a peace broker, because publicly he just supports the queen.

>waah, this critical review is bullshit because I say so
the only one reddit here is you.

I explained to you clearly why it is bullshit, Mike. Just because you have a narrow vision of what cinema is doesn't mean we all do.

0/10
>>>reddit

>12 year olds were able to understand who was important and who wasn't
>most adults didn't really give a shit
>it's only when you think about it that it falls apart

Look, if you've watched Episode 1 10 times you're gonna find fucking faults. But on the first viewing, in the cinema, where nobody had done a review explaining why it was bullshit or whatever, people got it.

Today? You have people going "HOW DID X23 GET ADAMANTIUM BODY AT THAT AGE? HER BONES WILL GROW AND COATED IN ADAMANTIUM SHE WILL EITHER DIE OR NEVER GROW 0/10 WOULD NOT PIRATE!"

That shit didn't happen in 2001.

Genuine question, do you need to wear a helmet when you go outside?

>tfw playing this for the first time

Do RLM guys have any black friends?

This is just not the case. The reviews were mixed when it came out, with most people noticing that it was very pretty but the story and characters were garbage.

He's right, though.

you're a retard if you think that wasn't a great way to illustrate the obvious, simple, point:

you can't remember the characters because they are fucking boring

>"without describing their role"
>"C3PO is the comic relief"

>tfw iktf

You forgot with a wicked sense of humour.

Reddit Letter Memeia

People didn't dislike episode 1 because they didn't understand it. They disliked it because it was a bad movie. The dialogue was bad. The acting was bad. The story was bad. Jar Jar was bad. Lucas's CGI boner made the movie outright cartoonish rather than impressive. It was objectively bad, and many, many people disliked it when when it was released. It had nothing to do with plot holes and everything to do with it simply being an irritating, unenjoyable mess of a film.

The first time I saw the Plinkett review I was like 14 and took it as gospel now I just hate Mike and others of his ken for ruining Star Wars

Rich said on the Rogue One review, I believe, that Star Wars is too limited to do anything other than sporadic summer blockbusters every ten years or so.

I really don't care if the old books and games aren't canon anymore but this kind of attitude comes from the very real but very ignorant attitude of American moviegoers that everything that's fantastical has to be a simple black and white good vs evil adventure flick and anything nuanced is for autistic fanboys

I'm not saying that's their honest belief but its a symptom of similar thoughts

For you

>Shill Letter Memedia

>"HOW DID X23 GET ADAMANTIUM BODY AT THAT AGE? HER BONES WILL GROW AND COATED IN ADAMANTIUM SHE WILL EITHER DIE OR NEVER GROW

Tbh this was genuinely my feeling seeing it.

Movies want to ride the line and appear realistic and gritty, so it's harder to suspend disbelief. If you just say "eh whatever it's magic" that's fine.

The worst part is that they could fix it with a throwaway line about "new adamantium alloy that will grow with the bone". It's really not hard to give pseudoscience cover to your bullshit.

If your argument is literally "eh it's a movie, it's just for fun" then you require zero consistency or thought, you abandon any right to judge anything.

>Look, if you've watched Episode 1 10 times you're gonna find fucking faults. But on the first viewing, in the cinema, where nobody had done a review

People still thought it was dumb. I know because I was there and I was a lot younger too. If anything I gave Lucas way too much credit as a director and thought he'd build off all the loose ends and pointless characters.

Instead he literally retconned his own prequel movie in the second one.

I think that RLM criticism on the characters is a tad bit hamfisted but appropriated.
Otoh, I never understood what is so complicated to understand in a trade blockade.
The bad thing is that the effects are not really shown.

>The first time I saw the Plinkett review I was like 14 and took it as gospel now I just hate Mike and others of his ken for ruining Star Wars

Wow.... I'm glad I got to 30 without being THIS assblasted by people who don't like some things.