/film/ - Film general

General discussion of serious cinema only.
> no TV
> no youtube e-celebs
> no capeshit or Star Wars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eOULQZ0qRUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RfL8MaOy-ls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*crickets*

what do you want to discuss OP?

not OP but I want to discuss obscure gems

I can also recommend similar films if anybody has any requests

uhhhhh... hello????
why the fuck is everybody posting in capeshit and actress threads but literally no1 cares about film on this board REEEEEE

The ending to Inception. Do you think it tipped?

It's a poorly constructed thread, you have to start a conversation with something more specific than "post real films".

Also the generic picture doesn't help either.

>thread about film
>you can post whatever the fuck you want, any topic on earth that is not capeshit or star wars
>b-but I need a guideline I can't think of anything!

the problem is with this board not with OP's thread. We could have a /film/ general but there just aren't enough people interested apparently, or there are but they're all huge faggots.

what do you learn in film school?
do you learn all the behind the camera stuff and/or the in-camera techniques?

is writing part of it?

No short film then
youtu.be/eOULQZ0qRUQ

Because by making the thread a /film/ thread you automatically scare-off 99% of anons. It's pretentious. You're implying that "we" watch shit, but "you" are somehow a patricianed movie god.

Wobble = decreasing spin = stopping

But it's possible the filmmakers were retards and didn't mean for it to be an obvious answer.

Yes and yes. But there is no need to go to film school today though because all of that information can be found online.

Film school today is only valuable for the access to the expensive equipment and some connections, that's it really.

It doesn't matter.
Cobb doesn't even look at his totem at the end because he doesn't care is it real or not, he just wants to be with his kids no matter what.

You fuckers always focus only on the literal plot points, WUZ IT RAPE in sicario, WHOZ THE SHOOTER in the hunt, WUZ IT REAL OR A DREAM HUH in inception etc.
None of those points matter in the literal sense, movies aren't made like puzzles with a singular meaning for you to put together in a certain way to "get" them.

We're not talking about the movie, we're talking about the physics of a spinning top that happened to be in a movie.

This is a great opportunity for you to recognize that you probably have a tendency to project arguments onto others so you can try and feel superior to them.

>Film school today is only valuable for the access to the expensive equipment and some connections

would that still make it worth attending?
equipment is expensive and the industry is mostly interconnected

GOOD, I'm sick of people who use this board to post the same dead meme for the hundredth time, as their personal fapping resource or a place where they come to shitpost about the latest capeshit abomination
If it seems like the 1% is better than 'them' is because 'we' are

It's also a place for film-oriented individuals to congregate and push each others ideas along. Of course, there is no need to attend university to find this, but if we're being realistic most people won't go out and find a group on their own.

Only if you're the kind of person who is outgoing enough to actually form them.

Depends.

You don't need the best equipment to make a decent film. You can always go to local workshops/festivals/presentations/small premieres etc and make connections yourself. Also Internet.
Film school will not just give you all the connections just like that, if you aren't active about it you will end up in the same place where you started, just with a useless degree. It only gives you a bit easier access to start your connections.

Where can I find Robert Beavers movies?

youtube.com/watch?v=RfL8MaOy-ls

private trackers. I can upload from the notebook of if you want it

From the Notebook is the one I'm looking for the most, so I would definitely appreciate that.

Which private trackers are you on? As far as movie trackers go I'm on CG, MS, and Cinemaz.

KG and SMz

I have to rip it from the DVD, it will take me a while, if you want to leave a throwaway email or something I'll link it to you

If you could send it to [email protected] that would be absolutely fantastic.

How did you get a Robert Beavers DVD?

I finished Tarkovsky, my power ranking would be something like this

Zerkalo > Stalker > Andrei Rublev > Nostalghia > The Sacrifice > Solaris > Ivan's Childhood

With the latter being a strong 7-8/10, so what the fuck do I watch now? I don't feel like watching Bresson yet and I already finished others like Antonioni, Haneke, Kar Wai, Godard, Kubrick,
>the list goes on

smz isn't a tracker
solaris too low imo
you should do sokurov or lopushansky

Hitchock, Bergman and the left bank

solaris is objectively his worst

>solaris is objectively his worst
hahahhahahahahahahahahah
pffft hahahhahahahahahHAHAHAHAHA

read the book fag, even the book was better than that train wreck trying to imitate Kubrik

it goes Mirror>Sacrifice>Stalker>Andrey Rublev>Ivan's childhood>Solaris

Watch some Tsai Ming-Liang

>read the book
pffahahahahahaha