No

>no

why was isildur such a dick?

>mfw the strength of men fails

Fucking 2nd born I swear

from my point of view the elves are dicks

Why didn't Elrond just push him in to the volcano? They were alone, he could have went back down and told everyone a hellbeast ate him.

because if he killed him he would be as bad as Sauron you silly billy

He wasn't - they literally weren't all that aware of how the ring worked at that time. Of course Isildur was going to at least try and use something that powerful.
>strength of men speech
typical elf mentality of retroactively saying 'I told you so' after all the facts had come to light
>cast it into the fire!
Elrond, as a half-elf, was trying to weaken the position of men in the world. It's called political realism - look it up.

yfw this is all an allegory.

The strength of the white men is failing.

Middle Earth is doomed.

bcuz the ring corrupted his soul

THE RING IS MINE

Kek

Sure, just try and go one to one with the son of Elendil, see how it goes

Why didn't Elfman just walk up and punch him in the face and throw the ring into the lava himself? ring gone and no murder needed, everybody wins.

because that same motherfucker just beat Sauron 10 minutes ago plus he's got the power of the ring to influence him
you don't fuck with someone like that

because they would probably wrestle for the ring like gollum and frodo and both get thrown over, except this time /ourguy/ sam isnt there to save anyone

but elves have super powers, no way a regular human can fist fight an elf and win

>ring of super power
>not using it to secure the prosperity of your realm and reign supreme for the indefinite future

stop listening to elf cuck lies

>Isildur
>regular human
He's a Numenor descendant, basically an even more powerful version of Aragorn.

why didn't Gandalf summon an eagle to drop the ring in Mt. Doom?

ehh, still he's no elf

bet he want walk on powdery snow and use falling stones as stairs

>and you're other ring

Why didn't he called legolas to shoot an arrow

Elves can defy physics, I've seen the hobbit you know.

Why didn't they just nuke Sauron

what if saruman did get the ring? would he be more powerful than sauron?

the fucker run like a coward when attacked by a couple of orcs later on, Elrond could have easily beaten him

Actually a pretty neat idea

>head to just outside Mordor walls
>tie ring to arrow
>have Legolas fire arrow into volcano

Bane?

>still he's no elf
Neither is elrond, technically.
He wasn't a dick, he was weak like every other human being who has power.

No, the ring has to be dropped in the specific place where Sauron forged it, not just in the caldera.

While that scene is stupid, you do get impulse from pushing shit even if it's still falling. The amount of force required is just a lot.

>Neither is elrond, technically.

when is this ever hinted at in the movies??

That's bullshit boy.

That's rather ironic given how many times the ring is dropped in the movies...

>the movies are the only lotr material

Elrond is a half breed

He wouldn't even need to explain what happened since destroying the ring would cause all the land around to collapse and Mt. Doom erupt

I think there could be a throwaway line here or there. It's tied to the fact that Arwen could choose a mortal life, they're basically half humans

I'm pretty sure he's called "Elrond Half-elven" at some point, isn't he?

of tour and gondolin is a better story than the hobbit desu

Nope, it has to be thrown into the crack of doom.
The movies don't say that, the movies get a lot of things wrong although I'm still grateful to Jackson for making them. But Elrdon is a half-elf, which is one of the reasons why he doesn't want Arwen to renounced her elven ancestry, because his brother did the same once.

what's the fucking difference?

Tolkien BTFO.

this is a movie board, we're discussing the Lord of the Rings movies here

In all likelihood the magic rituals imbued in the place make it different from the rest of the volcano, which by the way isn't accurately represented in that pic.

Men are a disease, a cancer of Middle Earth.

Isn't Isildur like Elronds cousins child? Or is it Elronds brothers grand child? Either way they are related.

why dont htey just use the rohan riders to CHARGE all the way to mount doom carrying the ring

just form up outside the gate and charge

they cna probably make it that far

It's one thing to push gollum into a volcano, but good luck trying to push the King of Gondor in while he's wielding the One Ring.

> did a tunnel relatively near mount doom but outside mordor
> find the nearest lava flow
> divert it in a nearby well
> drop

Isildur is the great-great-great-great-great(a few more greats) nephew of Elrond, since he is a descendant of Elros, Elrdon's brother.

Was Isildur /ourguy/?

>stupid
>coward
>is only remembered for being a giant fuck up

probably

not anyone can just carry the ring with them and not get manipulated right

Yes, in books he intended to use the ring to destroy Sauron and rule in his place. Not really sure why the films felt the need to make it so that he planned to be his ally.

As he was already a demi god and was pretty evil he would have stood a good chance of taking over.

ISIIIIIIILDUUUUUUUR

Filthy pointy ears will never be THIS alpha

I like that you gave the sun a happy face :)

Why didn't they put the ring in a box with various locks and give each key to different people, they could have easily thrown the entire box in the volcano anyway and there was no reason for having a guy keep the ring around his neck and in touch with his body

I swear to god weebs are everything that is wrong with this world

i thought so.

The ring can influence you just by proximity, there's no need for contact.

Why don't they just send some rogue guy collect some lava sample from mt. Doom then bring it to Rivendell and throw it on top of the ring?
How can they be so fucking stupid

so why didn't they just tie the ring to a kite?

How would it retain it's maximum heat? Better yet, what the hell would you contain it in.

And risk losing it because of someone's shitty grip or a strong gust of wind?
Anyway, user, you're thinking too mechanistically about this, magic doesn't work like that in Tolkien's word, it doesn't follow precise rules.

Because the kite would fly away

you let it go solid, and then you re-melt it
gandalf was the master of fire anyway

Why didn't Elrond just challenge Isildur to a game of What's in My Pocket?

Umm... thats not how it works user

Treaty of Barad Ruin forbade it.

>literally no POC in entire trilogy
How did they get away with this?

I don't think Tolkien even knew black people existed

He was an african, I'm pretty sure he did

Nah he was white

Also didn't Saruman only interfere because he thought Gandalf did too much himself and he had to balance it out.

why did Saruman need Sauron ring? why not make his own?

He did make his own but it worse worthless

can we agree that the jews were behind all the bad things happening in middle earth?

what hold this part up????

It's a magic mountain you dolt. It's held up by magic. That's why it started to break apart and bleed lava when Sauron died.

Imagine it being 3d and made of rock and the hole on the left isn't the entire length of the volcano

The opposite. He thought that the Istari should flex their power. His failing was in his mindset, Olorin knew that their power was corruptible.

what holds the roof of your house up?

because he was a beta elf fuccboi and isildur would have bent himover and ass fucked his twink bottom

>put a giant door and a lid on it

Woah, problem solved. Guess I am a better strategist than Sauron.

>lets seal this naturally occurring release valve for the fires of the earth AND our backdoor to the Valaraukar

Pippin tier thinking there champ.

Do black orcs count?

all orcs are black. and the only giga-orc is...white. coincidence? dont think so.

imagine replacing golem with a much stronger version of aragon, and trying to push him into the volcano

Orcses have eyes

I think the problem with posts like these is you're thinking about the problem with the idea that phenomena is consistent in fantasy. Isildur didn't know that the ring was affecting him, and Elrond didn't think of the ring as an object capable of influencing the hearts of man - he saw it as Isildur possessing lust for wealth. There wasn't necessarily a property of the ring that warped Isildur's mind as far as Elrond knew. Especially considering the average education of a pleb in these times, even a king or a noble probably wasn't really capable of making logical, discrete connections between phenomena and results of interactions between the phenomena - hence the need for wizards, advisors and wise men, people who put ALL of their time and energy into attempting to see how the world works.

tl;dr medieval people are literal retards who don't know how anything works and don't have creative problem solving capability

imagine how far out of whack it would make it if the base materials of the rings were known and one of the elements came from a comet or something.

and no one would know it was Melkor returning from the Outer Void a la the color out of space

but none of that is true. Is this another case of someone talks about stuff he has no idea about?

I only watched the movie so excuse ME if I only bring movie stuff on a movie discussion thread

>didn't destroy the ring when he had the chance dooming everyone
stupid
>when attacked by orcs he left his men to die and tried to run away turning invisible
coward
>is only remembered for fucking up
all the times Elrond and other bring him up is to say bad things about him and how everyone fears Aragorn would turn into another Isildur

He wanted to use it to fight evil, he was a brave strong guy, but the ring made him cowardly.
And everyone remembers him as a great hero who became corrupt like everyone else.

You get a pass on the last one, since by Aragorn's time they knew the impact the ring had on people (especially after the meeting at Rivendale). But that was more not trusting humans at all than just Aragorn.

Remember that Aragorn was a Numenorean decendant and they did fuck up cosmically the same way Isildur did. They had the chance to destroy the evil first hand and got corrupted by it. Only the old races would remember or chronicle it so its kinda douchey to judge him on it but not tell him the full extent of why.

Every time I see that image it reminds me of le Lenny face...