I'm 40 minutes in and so far it's just been about 1 oil jew scamming other honest people

I'm 40 minutes in and so far it's just been about 1 oil jew scamming other honest people
Does it get better?

If you don't like it now you never will.

not really

no, watch the superior no country for old men

Best movie of all time

nope
abort now
I'll never get why PT gets worshipped by millennials. He's fedora tipping personified in film form.

And then watch the perfect foil for NCFOM.

Pleb detected

It gets worse

>it's just been about 1 oil Jew scamming other honest people
That's literally the whole story

>1 oil jew

So basically you entire opinion of the movie is defined by your dislike for the main character.

You may not realize that is the absolute lowest tier of film critique? "I couldn't relate to the character/didn't like the character, nothing else about the experience or artistry of a film matters to me because essentially my entire world view is about judging and ranking people I like or dislike." This is usually the main and only criteria of judgement used by women and small children.

Not admiring the persistent, ruthless, absolute mad man character performances, not considering even for a moment the stark and beautiful aesthetic nature of the score and cinematography. You dont have to suck PTA dick, but DDL is a monstrously good performance. Even setting aside the acting and the narrative, its a marvelous film to just behold and listen to. The orchestration of image and sound is delicate and brutal and create a unique experience. Why do plebs get hung up on liking characters and narrative. You don't have to like the characters and the subject matter to enjoy a film and recognize the quality of the visual spectacle. If you do, you should stuck to print comics and manga.

This was so fucking good. Chris Pine is a great actor with the right script, and finally Ben Foster gets some spotlight

>pausing a film to post on Sup Forums
No, your life will never get better. End it now.

maybe you should watch moonlight then you faggot or perhaps disney movies are more your speed.

Just keep it on in the background as you browse and post and stuff. When you hear it get loud or like explosions, look up. Then shitpost about how you didnt get it for months to come.

Watch it again in 5 years, lad. You're not fully developed as an adult yet.

What was the point of this movie again? It's a long time since I watched it.

The point of films is generally a combination of artistic expression, wanting to entertain people, and wanting to make money.

>the point

You're doing movies wrong.

It's been some time since I've watched it. Quite honestly the whole "oil jew screws over other people" seems to be what stuck. When it comes to what I felt, the whole thing somewhat felt like an orgasm that never came.

Maybe I should watch it again. What did you guys get from it?

Themes of capital v religion are certainly there, but i appreciate it simply as a character piece