Please, explain to me how this movie got popular

Please, explain to me how this movie got popular.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pij5lihbC6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I dunno, I like it tho, so fuck you.

it didn't get popular

It flopped horribly.

super hero / video game meme and hot girl to distract from cuck storyline

It's fun to watch

It came out in 2010. You can't retroactively call it Reddit.

Its not? Its a cult movie

> hot girl

Seems to me the only reason

>hot girl

Great comic book movie

Its ONLY flaw is casting Michael cera as the lead

(((scott pilgrim)))

What are you talking about nigga? It flopped at box office.

The soundtrack and the peripheral media surrounding it
It recuperated its losses and made a big profit on home video and streaming services.

le nerd culture

video games past 2007 were a mistake

Why does it bother you

Fun movie, nice cinematography, creative fx, decent action. It's a great flick. Trying to feel superiour by actively disliking this movie is pure autism.

>how did this good movie got popular?
hmm....

Life past 2007 was a mistake. Prove me wrong.

>ywn live in a timeline where jesse played Scott

>no fun

That last sentence literally describes Sup Forums though

he would also be terrible

did anyone read the comics? was it a good attempt at an adaptation at least?

This was a role suited for a Chad

reddit

guys i have a movie in mind that i remember seeing as a kid and i don't know the name of.
the scenes i remember are that two teen boys like a girl or something like that. they agree to meet up and commit suicide the boy who gets called knows he holds the only loaded gun. and the other scene i remember is one of the boys shows a sex tape between him and the girl

dude video game references and beta canadians lmao

Sounds familiar man its on the tip of my tongue i'll get back to you on it.

Great.

>2017
>not knowing reddit has been around since 2005

pearl harbor???

This was the height of late 2000s hipsterdom, right before it stopped being about dance-punk, PBR, and nihilist irony and started being about folk rock, craft beer, and lifestyle activism

My friend and I read the comics before seeing the movie. The movie did a decent job of cutting stuff out that just would not work on screen, like Ramona rollerskate teleporting and the final battle that parodied Revolutionary Kino Utena. What we agreed on being dumb was Scott not getting together with Knives, which would have made a good alternative to the comic even if it would potentially piss some people off. Overall it was good for what it is.

I think they did an okay job with casting but the Asian exes looked terrible and their scene was completely changed too.

It was a good adaptation of the first three books (insofar as you would expect with them cramming everything into a single movie). The second half of the movie doesn't come close to content or quality of the last 3 books.

Like whom?

is it the movie "FEAR" senpai?

>Please, explain to me how this movie got popular.

Eh, it was a box office fiasco and certainly hasn't garnered any cult status since then.

Shit cash grab attempt at pandering to comic book nerds, chose a comic that was niche and had a storyline of a 80's video game.

Even the Double Dragon movie was better than this.

Resonates on several levels. The lolvideogames crowd, the "I read/knew about the comics before anyone else" (very popular with millennials), the "I got that reference" audience, and then to top it off the female lead is classic loser nerd wank material (colored hair, 'nerdy' hobbies etc). It's the English language equivalent of a harem anime, which goes over well with losers with little to no direction in their lives that can't figure out why they can't get a girlfriend.

>Twilight for Numales

It was fun but not as good as people say.

The books are an analogy for an entire relationship, whereas the movie feels like an analogy for just the early stages. For what it's worth, regardless of the different contexts the movie accurately captures most of the best bits from the books. Obviously they cut a lot of material out to fit the story into a single movie, so whilst the pacing in the books is fine the movie is fucked.

The main problem with the movie is that most of the lines are funny to read but not so funny to hear, and a lot of the deliveries fall flat.

This

pic related and the music

it's actually the opposite of a cuck storyline he literally kills other men trying to get her in hand to hand combat

It didn't. The shitty comic it's based on got more popular.

for awhile white kids were into some insufferable hipster indie chic shit but thankfully those days are through

white people need to be gassed desu

obtains more humour with a single camera-cut than an entire hour of jewish stoners improvising

Here's a clue ... youtu.be/pij5lihbC6k

Thats pretty accurate, except for the part that the MC is a fucking unlikable asshole.

In harem anime the MC have some traits that make hime relatable to other losers / dense mofos. But scott pilgrim is a selfish asshole that only caters to "MUH satisfaction"

Hey! Maybe that why millenials dig this fuck

MEW, MICHAEL CERA, EMO CANADA 90s stuff.
ITS EDGY

boxoffice figures say it didn't you faggot

Scott has never been a stoner

I think is Muder by Numbers? The two teen boys are Michael Pitt and Ryan Gosling.

>the MC is a fucking unlikable asshole.

>Scott
>unlikable
he's an asshole but he's easy to like desu, at least in the comic book

this movie just makes me want to watch Speed Racer

It's better than most comic book movies.

Strong source material, great sound track, aside from Cera and MEW great casting