What is the saddest film you have ever watched?

What is the saddest film you have ever watched?

Forrest Gump has me crying from start to finish. It's the perfect amount of sad without becoming depressing.

A depressing film makes you reflect on your life and I feel Forrest Gump never does that which I admire.

Lilya-4 ever is literally the purest sad kino. That movie ruined my fucking life for a few weeks.

One flew over the cuckoos nest

five easy pieces

goddamned kino

I cry like a fucking bitch every time.

films that have rekt me:
the elephant man
happiness
dark horse
dancer in the dark
four shades of brown
lars and the real girl
crumb
oslo 31 august
punch drunk love
the place beyond the pines
shame
the comedy

theres probably more to be honest i am a very sensitive boy

Vanilla Sky always made me emotional

This.

>thread about sad films
>no one posts the most soul crushing kino

I know it's not film, but this show made me feels often.

Green mile had me crying

Grave of the Fireflies done fucked me up big time

Lars and the real girl being advertized as a comedy must of been intentionally cruel. I was not prepared to feel.

Futurama has some really sad episodes.

I can't say with certainty this is the saddest, but its pretty fucking sad.

>the place beyond the pines

What in the actual fuck? Out of all the Goosekinos to pick why didn't you say Blue Valentine? TPBTP isn't even remotely sad.

Grave of the Fireflies

I went with "friends" to the theatre, they laughed the whole time saying why id they think he could get with that girl in town and wow its YOU user, these were girls

I watched a documentary about Manatees last night.
Poor little baby manatee goat tore up by a boat.
Then his mother died.
So he went to find a new mother, and none of the other manatees wanted him.
So the manatee humane society took him for two years and took care of him.
Then they released him with a tracking device.
Then overnight he disappeared forever.

Come and See
Bicentennial Man
Radio Flyer
The Deer Hunter
Dear Zachary
The Pianist
Threads
Click

If I stared at a wall thinking about my life for 2 hours it'd make me sadder than any movie possibly can

What was it called?

I'm adding all these to my ptw list lads I need some sad cinemas to watch at this period in my life.

this

it gets alot of flak nowadays for its somewhat shallow interpretation of historical and political events but i find its just distanced enough and forcused on forests journey through lifeto the point where its not such a big deal. also hits all the right emotional beats

I thought it was great when I first watched it as a kid but rewatching it a couple years ago I gotta say the saddest thing is that Forrest spends his whole life hung up on a slutty hippie girl who ends up dying of AIDS. You pretty much have to be a subhuman to get HIV unless you're infected by a bad blood transfusion. She was either a heroin addict or she fucked faggots or niggers or both. And he thought she was an angel. He thought he loved her. She only ever felt sorry for him, let's be honest. I almost think the writers killed her off so he could be free and you didn't have to imagine his later life with this slut around to ruin it.

Grave of the Fireflies

Literal uncontrollable sobbing for a few minutes. Only film to ever make me cry like that.

Classic: Tokyo Story
Easy: Love Story
Modern: Nocturnal Animals
Hard: Watership Down
Depressing: The Last Tango in Paris
Existential: Open Water