Guardians of the Galaxy

Why didn't Peter Quill take his mom's hand when she asked him to just before she died?

Wtf, his mom is on her deathbed and he can't fufill his mom's simple wish of holding her hand? Autist much?

>be woman
>only thing that ever mattered to you is a son you had with space kurt russell
>this son is your life
>but you're about to die
>you reach out to the only thing that brought you happiness
>he doesnt reach back
>he runs away as your vision closes in on nothing in particular, like a vignette of despair
>you die deprived of the solace your son could have given you by just holding your hand
>your last feeling before you fade into oblivion is a twinge of abandonment and utter loneliness

Who cares? There's nothing after death. After she died she doesn't remember anything. Her life is pointless

this

great work taking that screenshot of a youtube video, faggot

no u

this was a very overwrought and manipulative way to start the movie

I know right? lol Rick and Morty is such a great show. Get shwifty XD

>There's nothing after death
thats not true in the marvel universe. Checkmate athiests

in the MCU there is something

did you not see Doc Strange? they was ghost n shit

YFW we find out that because he's half Planet Kurt Russell, Star-Lord has super powers like healing people through touch, and holding his mom's hand would have instantly cured her cancer.

He was in some sort of denial. Holding her hand was accepting that she was about to die and he didn't (or couldn't) deal with that. It's why he treasures the tapes so much, being the last connection he has with her.

i wanna know how a giant planet fucked a human woman

Go to bed, Mr Pixar.

When my grandpa died he asked to see me and i was too afraid too so i just sat in the next room while my family was with him. we were extremely close, i used to see him for 4 hours every week, but for some reason i just couldnt make myself move

its this great indelible stain on my soul that i dont think i can ever atone for

every day i wish for death

She saved the universe later. Friggin pottery.

Just watched it on BBC1, did we? I'm still pissed that they cut all the best lines.

MCU has a form of heaven and hell, spirits and ghosts etc.

Be faithful, for he knows you care.

Was it space aids?

SHIT ON THE FLOOR

I think it's a fine way to start, but the way this emotional arc is resolved is absolutely bullshit.

Star-Lord's entire character is sort of built on this moment, and it is resolved (and very cheaply called back to) when he has to grab Uhura's hand in the end. But I feel like they are two very different emotions, and it's partly why the climax falls apart, and it's the one thing that separates GotG from being a truly amazing movie, from just a fun adventure. It's not exactly clear why he doesn't grab his mother's hand (denial of her death?), but it doesn't connect with why he needs to grab Uhura's hand (in order to create a friendship with an unlikely crew).

People grieve in their own way. Chances are if he was that close to death and in the hospital he was probably too doped up to care.
t. My Gpa flashed his dick at us to show us his bruising like 2 days before he died. He was so fucked on pain mess at the end.

>be me at 5
>great grandma has cancer and is on oxygen
>she's my favorite person in my family besides my parents, even better than the only other grandparent I had, my mom's mom
>she is being taken to a hospital one day
>our family drives up to her house to see her
>she's in her room being ready to be carted off to the ambulance
>I'm in the living room
>she tells my mom she wants to see her "bubby for one last time" because I reminded her a lot of her son, my grandpa, who was shot and killed and because she just loved me a lot
>she is carted through the living room
>a big smile comes across her face because she's happy to see me, like she's completely full of life and healthy again
>I was scared to get too close to her but my parents said it was okay, I think she touched my face or something I'm a bit blurry no that part
>we exchange a few words and then she's put into the ambulance

That kind of shit is terrible honestly. Would not recommend it/10

**SHH, BIG BOYS DON'T CRY**

I'M NOT IN LOVE
SO DON'T FORGET IT

I legit wept

I'd kill myself on the spot at the moment of learning that.

>tfw mommy would still be alive, should I not pussy out

end_me.jpg

>truly amazing movie

come on

I didn't like this movie. It was almost nothing but jokes and quips. They decided to counter this by shoehorning in several "emotional " moments, like when the raccoon started to cry about his miserable life. Didn't work for me. And all that 70's music...