I noticed many of us on Sup Forums are Christians not because of the religion's own merits but because they associate...

I noticed many of us on Sup Forums are Christians not because of the religion's own merits but because they associate it with conservatism and associate atheism with liberalism. Why is it so hard to admit that atheism is right while atheists are wrong about most everything else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PEHJY0T9RsQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IomxvOTf-So
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>atheism

I'm a conservative agnostic atheist. The reason most people associate atheism with liberals is because most atheists that are also liberals want you to know that theyre atheists and that they're right about religion, whereas conservative atheists generally dont care as much about other peoples religion.

You just proved my point.

>Why is it so hard to admit that atheism is right while atheists are wrong about most everything else?
Because obviously they're not

Get out! Both Christfags and Atheistcucks.

watch out pupper!

>I'm a conservative agnostic atheist.

>agnostic atheist

Watch Haku Zynkyokus videos, Gods name is Zaraz and he is real.

Everyone on pol should know this

Gnosticism deals with knowledge theism deals with belief; you'd know this if you weren't an uneducated gypsy.

>conservative agnostic atheist

Liberal Atheist are not real atheists, they are anti-christians, they are degenerate because they try to be opposite of Christfags.

because Christianity is not just Christianity, it is Christianity + Greeco-Roman law and Philosophy. And That Philosophy is the foundation of the Western world.

Until you can teach Aristotle or Plato or the Socratic method to everyone AND HAVE THEM UNDERSTAND IT, it will be necessary for Christianity to continue to exist and be protected.

I agree with you. Conservative atheist here as well. (Except for the belief in Kek, of course)

>forcing the gypsy meme

Yesss, get butthurt tyrone

The only thing you got on us is a shitty forced meme which isn't even true.

Conservative atheists exist just like black republicans, its just that theyre a small nonvocal minority that us caught between being seen by other atheists as the enemy and fellow republicans as nonbelievers who arent really conservative. Its quite a shitty position to be in due to the fact that no one thinks we actually exist.

Also

>gnosticism deals with knowledge

Sorry, forgot to point out the stupidity

I worship odin. Christanity is a slave religion like neitzche said and cuckservatism is a joke.

>Liberal Atheist are not real atheists, they are anti-christians, they are degenerate because they try to be opposite of Christfags.

Liberals say the government must protect the natural right to freedom of religion. They are not anti-Christian, that's just a made up meme that the feeble-minded very predictably fell for.. But they do push back on Christian intrusion into the public square

>agnostic atheist
>i don't assert god doesn't exist but I'm not a believer either

simple

Doesn't matter if they allow freedom or not, still their lives revolve around hating on Rabbijesusians..

Please end your life as soon a possible.

What most people don't realise is that religious belief is a choice you make, not just as individuals, but as a people. Atheism is simply not a sustainable basis for a civilisation, whereas Christianity, for all its faults, has produces the happiest, freest, and most prosperous societies in history.

>Please end your life as soon a possible.
Did your religion teach you this?

A better question would be why you think it's so important that everyone believe this conclusion that can only be arrived at from a very specific set of assumptions, that the (((powers that be))) want you to believe and that makes you buy every kind of garbage under the sun.

If you don't accept the premises that underpin supernatural concepts, just be an agnostic, even if you are actively against religion (which is pretty bluepill, but a debate irrelevant to the factual debate).
There's literally no reason to presume that humans know the complete truth of existence and definitively rule out any sphere of it beyound your experience and/or comprehension, except "FUCK YOU MOM AND DAD".

Go "read old books", as NRX types say. CS Lewis is a modern classic, and depending on where you're coming from and your patience for old literary conventions, you might not go wrong with a look through specifically Christian philosophy from the Middle Ages and reformation/counter-reformation period.
And then there's the early days of Christianity, from which I can thoroughly recommend St Augustine, a literal bro.

Even if everything Western Civilisation wrote was garbage for 1500+ years, if you consider your position rational, you should strive to read more and understand more before you proclaim that there is no God.

>atheism is right
No it isn't. Atheism is wrong about pretty much everything.

>Atheism is simply not a sustainable basis for a civilisation
False. There have been numerous societies with no religion until the zealots arrived and threatened to kill the people unless they converted.

The only reason those societies weren't successful is that they were not violent and intimidating.

Harping on atheists is an old Sup Forums meme that hasn't gotten stale yet because it still riles them up.

If you're a smart atheist on Sup Forums, you simply don't talk about it.

No, it is the moral thing to do since you think that the West doesn't need Christianity. Atheists who don't realize that until everyone is 100+ IQ you cannot do away with Christianity and Christian values without the whole thing coming down are blue-pilled morons who should end themselves as soon as humanly possible.

That dog looks like he's ready to do a "header", not like he's going to get hit unwillingly or unintentionally.

>numerous societies with no religion
Unless you're talking about those Indians that are too unintelligent to understand abstracts, then that rhetorical dodge relies on conflating not having a state religion, or having a religion with no deity, as "having no religion".

>violence and intimidation will make fedora-ism work

Tipitty toppity m88, look at Russia. The Jews didn't succeed in destroying their spirit, even if they (and German Nietzscheans) managed to mutilate the body.

That katana isn't going to make atheism viable.

Atheist means you don't believe in a deity and also surely believe one doesn't exist.

Agnostic means you don't deny the possibility of his existance and do not believe in a deity either

There are no fucking in-betweens

Please give me a Major civilization that didn't have religion.

the atheist "community" and christ hating fags permeating from it.

its become anti christian rather than anti-religion, and they are sometimes worse than the islam apologists with bringing up ancient christian transgressions that have no bearing on today.

no, Agnostic is a qualifier. You can be

>Theist
I know god exists
>Agnostic Theist
I don't know if God exist but I choose to believe he does
>Agnostic Atheist
I don't know if God exists but I choose to disbelieve the he does
>Atheist
I know God doesn't exist

>No, it is the moral thing to do since you think that the West doesn't need Christianity.
The West is much worse off with all of the Middle East religions. Their "morality" is extremely cherry -picked" and chronically prone to commit atrocities.

This. If want to shitpost about theology I go to Sup Forums.

>look at me move the goalposts
Now it isn't Religion, but 3 specific religions, seems we are getting closer to exposing you what what you really are, rather than what you claim to be.

>muh IQ will let me be right about everything

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the "uneducated" (blank-slate ideological code for less intelligent people) whites are the ones who are less degenerate than people who think being smarter than average makes them intellectuals, and are less easily led by social fads. This is a long-observed phenomenon. George Orwell's books on the working class are helpful insights.

I remember seeing a chart with that concept, but it used better terms. "Strong" described people certain in their belief, "weak" described people like the Kiwi who don't deny or excessively belittle the possibility of the other side being correct.

But yes, putting "agnostic" alongside "atheist" is inviting confusion, even if technically the words aren't incompatible. In internet ideological discussion, the two refer to the "weak" and "strong" positions, and the "atheism" is implied.

>or having a religion with no deity, as "having no religion".
All religions contain philosophy, but few philosophies are religious. Taoism and Confucianism are examples of philosophies free of irrational belief in deities.

I think the same ones of us debating in the Catholic and east orthodox shill threads are consistent and create the illusion of more

Atheism isn't right though :^)

Fuck off. I'm a conservative because it aligns with my Christian values

You're fucking mixing up knowing and believing

Theist means believing, not fucking knowing

That's the simple reason agnostic atheist is a stupidity , alongside many other terms which only spiked in usage in the last 15 years.

inventing terms just because we are unsure about what we should identify with.

I'm not talking about uneducated so don't put words in my fucking mouth. If you think you can go out and teach people on the bottom half of the current IQ scale about fucking Philosophy and have them understand it and internalize it such that it can replace the moral frame work of Christianity you are welcome to it, but it is a fool's errand.

>Few Philosophers are religious.
st. thomas aquinas and company disagree with you.

>Atheist means you don't believe in a deity and also surely believe one doesn't exist.

Non-belief:
Atheist
=========================
Belief:
Everything else.

There are no true believers. Deep down we are all atheists. Everybody knows they are going to die alone and that that will be it. Religion is like an anti anxiety drug, an easier method to numb the fear of death and accept the inevitable.

>Please give me a Major civilization that didn't have religion.
Religion is how ancient civilizations controlled the minds of men.

Agnostic atheists are indistinguishable from infants

knowing that you're going to die is not a reason to not believe

Giving up on everything also is against our fundamental values.

If our ancestors were to give up on survival we wouldn't fucking exist.

im a christian but i dont believe in god. that would just be stupid.

>Confessional, conservative Reformed Presbyterian here

I'm just here for the memes; no one should take anything seriously here.

There's something about atheism that is lacking but religions are far too into bullshit for me.

It is how all Cultures shape the next generation, just because you don't call it religion doesn't mean youth don't respond to it in the exact same way.

>teach kids SJW talking points for years
>The turn out just as fucked as a kid fed literal interpretations of any holy text for years.

Atheism is not 'no religion' it is just a confused mess of mostly kids rebelling against the norms. Until Atheist embrace a framework of morals and ethics to replace Christianity it will forever be a joke to the rest of humanity.

Didn't say that.
Religion just eases the stress that the fear of dying causes.

>Now it isn't Religion, but 3 specific religions,

It's much easier to provide examples of atrocities and immorality from the Middle East religions.

For some reason we don't see a lot of hate violence from the Buddhists.

youtube.com/watch?v=PEHJY0T9RsQ

Still Waiting on Major Civilization with no religion.

Ancient Roman slaves created Christianity to make excuses as to why they weren't having sex. "We aren't fucking before marriage because its degenerate."

deja vu

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IomxvOTf-So

Greek?

just Orthodox ;^)

Cool. I like Orthodox psalmody even though i'm atheist.

>Until Atheist embrace a framework of morals and ethics to replace Christianity
Morals and ethics pre-existed Christianity by thousands of years.

Are you suggesting people had no idea it was wrong to kill, lie or steal before the Decalogue?

This cleary demonstrates the impaired cognitive ability of religious people.

What made you renounce Ορθοδοξία - literally the right faith

Holy fuck satan trips again

>Still Waiting on Major Civilization with no religion.
The United States is a great example.

Western Civilisation is in free-fall after it became predominantly atheist

>Types of Atheism.png

There is only one atheism: Non-belief.

All others forms of belief cannot be atheism.

There's nothing invalid about dividing it into types you puritan

>Western Civilisation is in free-fall after it became predominantly atheist

That's what they said when blacks were allowed to vote, too.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" - Plato

>There's nothing invalid about dividing it into types you puritan

It certainly is. It's far worse to allow Humpty Dumpty words-mean-whatever-I-want-them-to-mean nonsense.

No one walks into a store and asks for a carton of unborn chickens. That would be stupid.

Here's what I think about blacks voting

You're obviously on the lower end of the IQ spectrum if you fail reading comprehension that badly.

>atheistic philosophy has ANY kind of basis for a universalistic moral mandate

O I am laffin.

Atheistic moral philosophy doesn't even stand up when high IQ people analyse it. (Again, the idea that there's an IQ "limit" for understanding ideas as simplistic as atheism is absurd, and reflects a total mystification as to what IQ actually is. Don't quit your day job.)

Projection.

Now that doesn't even make sense. And it shows what your biggest hangups with religion are; that it interferes with your hedonistic pursuit of meaningless cummies. Get fucked and die in a hole.

Is there anybody in the ancient world who hasn't been accused of/credited with "inventing" Christianity? Probably not.

You can divide "disbelief in God" into types. Stop being a puritan

>If you're a smart atheist on Sup Forums, you simply don't talk about it.

I think the religious extremists need a good daily flogging in the public square.

Hi Satan.
It wasn't something specific. Growing up I couldn't find any solid reasoning to believe in any god.

>Atheist
>I know God doesn't exist

False. God is a fictional abstraction that can never be thought of in terms of knowledge.

>let's publicly flog Islamists ;)
>not an Islamist

Sure Ahmed

Arguing about religion is and always be the most retarded thing, neither side is actually open to listening or willing to change their mind, they both just want to jerk themselves off and yell.

==PRAISE KEK==

>False. God is a fictional abstraction that can never be thought of in terms of knowledge.

Proof?

>are Christians not because of the religion's own merits

Speak for yourself.

I'm a nihilist. I know my facts and science, and can thus see that the white race and culture are being eliminated from this world. It's simple science, and it has happened many times before. I oppose this, which is why I'm a conservative.

I really do hate to rain on your parade but I hope you realize that those hieroglyphs that look like a dude in front of a computer actually represent the goddess Heqet, not kek.

>nihilist
>opposing destruction
pick one faggot

[spoiler]UPB[/spoiler]

>actually name fagging
>free thinker
>doesn't see the irony

I hate this website as much as the next man but even I realise it's not fucking reddit

>nihilist

The White race is not worth saving

"Atheism" means "a complete lack of belief in God" it doesn't mean anything other than that. Atheism+ homos or whatever the sjws calm themselves now want to tack extra shit onto the label but ay the end of the day it doesn't imply any ideological positions.

>Life has no purpose but to live and reproduce vs. Life is worthless and should be destroyed
Both is nihilism famalam

>Proof?
The notion of "god" is just an idea in your head.

All the other gods that came before him you dismiss as fabrications. The reason why is there is nothing about imaginary gods that are provable.

You aren't convincing anyone schlomo

>The notion of "god" is just an idea in your head.

The notion that "the notion of 'god' is in my head" is in your head

>The reason why is there is nothing about imaginary gods that are provable.

Absence of Evidence =! Evidence of Absence

I've actually used those ancient Christian problems to show how backwards Islam is and how the those 600 years really show.

>>>>/tumblr/
Intolerance, sexism, homophobia and violence are biologically efficient and should therefore be practiced.

>believing anything without proof is bluepilled
>except for religion, then it's bluepilled not to believe it without any proof

Our traditional religion gets a pass :^)

>all religion is fideistic

>The notion that "the notion of 'god' is in my head" is in your head
If he really exists outside your head, why don't I believe in him?

Naw man, I'm going with figment of your imagination on this one

>Absence of Evidence =! Evidence of Absence

Then why don't you believe in Zeus or Apollo? Hvar or Ra?

You are a believer of gods, right?