Pick your poison

Pick your poison.

Other urls found in this thread:

euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/010409258
dailydot.com/parsec/fandom/dieselpunk-steampunk-beginners-guide/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Diesel

A couple of these are actually copyrighted now right?

Cyanide

>1 is a genre with literally three [3] pieces of worthwhile media
>the rest are nothing but DA doodles
Hmm

>raypunk
You mean retro-futurism?

Isn't dieselpunk just post-apocalypse?

I came in here to post this.

raypunk deserves more love ;_;

Never heard of diesel or raypunk desu

Cyberpunk is the only one of those that's good. Steampunk is a tumblr meme, Dieselpunk and Raypunk are completely irrelevant.

Woodpunk not listed, will not subscribe.

The only movie that comes to mind that might be dieselpunk is Ghosts of Mars

Raypunk>Cyberpunk>Dieselpunk>Steampunk

Biopunk

>railpunk

Isn't that just retro futurism?

What about Mad Max? Especially Fury Road.

Cyberpunk. Because Steampunk has way too many fat lesbians.

>dick tracy is considered dieselpunk
what

You can't copyright a genre

They all seem like they would naturally overlap.

Just fucking call it sci-fi.

Dieselpunk specifically has a WW2 or art deco aesthetic, though.

only right answer

Tell that to CD Projekt Red: euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/010409258

Can you post an example of each of these genres?

Diesel and steam punk are the same in that they describe hypothetical futures where more advanced methods of energy have not been invented and are considered fantasy while cyberpunk and raypunk(retro futurism) are true sci fi that describe social systems that have not come to pass.

How would you classify this kino?

cyberpunk is called cyberpunk because its a genre about characters who used technology to defeat "the man"/ global conglomerate / authority

you cant just add the work punk to something and make it a genre
it doesnt make sense and is cringey and gay

this is a shit thread.
OP is a faggot who doesnt know what hes talking about
you are all plebs

Maybe '9' with elijah wood

fpbp

fggt

raypunk

Steam punk
Wild Wild West
League of extraordinary gentlemen

Diesel punk
Mad max

Cyberpunk
Bladerunner
Alien
Matrix

Raypunk
Lost in space
Star Trek
The jetsons

It's actually diesel punk as the army is powered by diesel and depicts a society where zeppelins are stil a primary mode a travel.

This is Dieselpunk.

Cyberpunk

Is the Fallout universe considered Raypunk?

Mad Max isn't diesel punk.
It's just post-apoc.
DP has an Art Deco vibe, it's basically WWI and II turned up to 11.
I think Mutant Chronicles would count.

Fallout is Dieselpunk.

It's pretty much both.

Right, steam punk and diesel punk adopted the names but only describe futures based on primary sources of energy. Raypunk is totally made up and stupid becuase it's retro futurism and that has already been around so no need to rename it

Best representative of each kind?

>Cyber
Blade Runner

>Diesel
Sky Captain? Unless Mad Max also applies

>Steam
......Hugo?

>Ray
I can only think of 50s movies like Forbidden Planet.

Ahh ok

Is there anything that's a fine lin between Cyberpunk and Dieselpunk? kind of thinking like Midgar from FF7

>>Ray
>I can only think of 50s movies like Forbidden Planet.

Flash Gordon my nog.

>Dieselpunk

Mad Max is the epitome.

>Steampunk

Hugo doesn't count. Wild Wild West is closer to this genre. City of Lost Children?

>Cyberpunk

Most underappreciated genre of all these. Blade runner basically wins by default.

What else is there? Johnny Mnemonic? Lawnmower man? Tron?

came here to say this
you guys are faggots for keeping up with this charade after he pointed out the fallacy

i thought it was atom punk

No its faggotpunk you retarded faggot

that's a trademark, not a copyright

Ghost in the Shell. Now in a movie form. I remember watching some animated movies (maybe a few anime movies as well) that fit as well. I don't remember their names. Maybe that Final Fantasy movie?

FFVII is Dieselpunk with magic. It's not Cyberpunk at all.

Akira
>now in movie form
It was already in movie form you nog

Well then in live action.

This thread is this thread is moronpunk
Idiotpunk
Illiteratepunk
Retardpunk
Idiotpunk
Autistpunk
Dumbasspunk
Pick your poison

This thread is this thread is this thread is this thread is this thread is this thread is this thread is this thread is this thread.

And all that I know about Akira is that people whine that because it's a movie not a series they had to delete many subplots and some thinks don't make sense or aren't as good as they were supposed to. Pretty discouraging.
That and weird faces.

>literally a retarded shitpost
Ironical

raypunk is the only patrician choice

Raypunk isn't real you pleb poser

>imaginary nonsensical genre is the patrician choice hur dur
Cyberpunk is the only correct answer since it's the only real genre here faggot

that threads this thread isnt their thread, its our thread

DIESELPUNK EXPLAINER
dailydot.com/parsec/fandom/dieselpunk-steampunk-beginners-guide/
i know it's the fucking daily dot, but it seems the most simple concise article on the matter

Tank Girl

>we're currently on the cusp of entering the cyberpunk age

these are great days we're living bros.

mah nigga

Here's a list of cyberpunk titles for you faggots
Blade runner
Gits
Hackers
The matrix
Mr. Robot
Blackhat

You guys are faggots
Those other genres aren't "punk"
You faggots don't understand the concept of "punk"
You niggers probably have never listened to real punk
Sum 41
Avril
Blink 182
Greenday
Is not punk

Huh, it's interesting that they align almost perfectly neatly

>Cyberpunk
1980s
>Raypunk
1950s
>Dieselpunk
1920s
>Steampunk
Broader category but you could say 1890s

Meaning the next big -punk should be 2010s.

What will our era be -punked as?

>inb4 Sup Forums responses

Faggotpunk since you're all retarded memesters who have no idea what they are talking about

>inb4 Sup Forums responses

but I was looking forward to blacked-punk

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow?

Retro futurism is the aftermath of the final conflict in cyberpunk. The destruction of the all powerful big brother cooperation and rebuilding of society without greed into a future where discovery, progress and altruism are the primary values.

Nigger captain and the world of cucked tomorrows

>damage control
No you're retarded and you can't talk your way out of that fact
Whole reason they have the suffix "punk" is because th eu are going against authority
That's a huge main theme
You can't list any movies in those other "genres" where that do this

>inb4 hur dur typos

Anyone NOT picking Ray is a stupid faggot!

Why are you so triggered by the word "punk"?

We're discussing art here. It's inherently subjective, death of the author. You can't go "oh well that's not a genre". If there's a group of media sharing certain traits it's not wrong to categorize them in some way.

Yes, maybe saying punk is technically wrong but language evolves. A lot of the words we use are 'technically wrong' but we use them because it's easy and common. You know damn well what OP and everyone else MEAN when they say punk, and you're being a butthurt contrarian with your bullshit.

Besides, this is a Khmerian rural lifestyle-enforcing death panel, it literally makes no difference to the world what we refer to this shit as.

And The Rocketeer.

>crusader for ignorance
Why are you defending idiocy?
These "genres" don't have anything on common other than the word "punk" which you admitted to being misused
>hur dur triggered butthurt
You're whole reply...

Sure they do. We group them based on aesthetics, not general themes.

"Retro futurism" is absolutely a thing. Watch Tomorrowland, or the Jetsons or whatever. There's a common aesthetic element here.

Same with steampunk, it's pretty obvious when you see something if it's steampunk.

So internally there's some cohesion.

Between themselves, sure, but why do they have to have things in common? "punk" here is used to mean "aesthetic" or "inspired by" or whatever.

Like when Sup Forums memed that In Space was kidkino or that DCEU is capekino. That doesn't mean they implying any similarity between the two, just using "kino" to mean "good movie".

If it makes it easier for you, just substitute "aesthetics" every time you see "-punk."

And don't ruin other anons' fun because of your autism, please.

Genderpunk

Massively stretching the definition of punk cause that's what we do

>1930s
Povertypunk
>1940s
Warpunk/Nazipunk
>1960s
Hippypunk
>1970s
Discopunk
>1990s
The whole idea of Vaporwave Impeachmentpunk
>2000s
Terroristpunk
>2010s
Memepunk

>hur dur aesthetic
Change the name of these genres with the suffix "core" and it would make sense
But calling it punk is just retarded
There is no cohesion with the suffix punk In those other genres either
It just makes you guys sound dumb and as cringe as "steampunk" cosplay enthusiasts
I'm really just trying to help you fools in the long run

I understand, but nobody cares in the long run. If it catches on, then it's the proper form.

If something else catches on, then we'll abandon -punk.

That's how memes work.

Personally, I think punk is here to stay, because of the ubiquity of cyberpunk and steampunk as phrases.

Punkpunk

Fuck, I love it.

shinra tower is pretty cybershit m8

It hasn't catched on because you're still trying hard to make it a thing
You can categorize whatever movies into these made up meme genres but they were never intended to be those genres since they aren't a thing
You are trying to sound smart and intelligent but anyone who's picked up a book and knows what the of cyberpunk is, which is what they supposedly derive from, would know it's retarded and that you're not very smart for listing highly gaudy movies as punk merely because A E S T H E T I C

Don't insult someone's intelligence and lecture them on language if you don't know the past tense on catch, fag.

I haven't slept in 2 days hence the irratibily, faggot
Put the video ganes and movies down and go read a book for once

I'm flattered you think I came up with the -punk concept, but it's pretty widespread on the internet (except raypunk, this thread is the first I've heard of it).

There's fucking TVTropes pages on this shit, it's normiecore by now.

I'm not trying to make anything a thing, this isn't proselytizing, we're just talking about types of aesthetics we like.

We call them punk. Words can have multiple meaning. "Punk" itself can mean a misbehaving youth, a rock-influenced music genre, etc. It used to mean prostitute. Words change, and you'll waste your life for nothing if you try to scream into the internet winds about how everyone else is wrong.

Technically? Sure. Realistically? Nobody fucking cares except you.

Nah, it's Dieselmagic.

>he went on Google to look up the meaning of the word punk
Well I'm very tired and arguing with an autistic redditor is not how I want to spend my time

You're an idiot and you don't care because you're and idiot
Have fun with this thread, I'm sure you will since you are dumb and this is fun for you, talking about retarded shit while trying to sound Smartelligent
In youre retarded shitpost threads you always try your hardest to sound learned by fall short because you've no idea what you're talking about
Me leaving is like the special ed teacher leaving the classroom which effectively making you the most eloquent mong in retard class
>inb4 fedora

>labeling everything "punk"
Is anyone else fucking sick and tired of this? Punk aesthetics are supposed to be rough and dirty. Cyberpunk is the only form of sci-fi punk that makes any sense, steampunk doesn't have any of the grit of punk and dieselpunk and raypunk have more in common with the 1950s than punk.

It's not called punk because of "grit" but yes I'm sick of this retarded shit
Read the whole thread for some good points that go along with your sentiment

Not that guy but you're literally the most autistic person I've seen on Sup Forums today.

"wah wah how dare these people misuse a word wah wah you know how to spell you're just trying to sound smartelligent(?)"

You sound actually autistic, m8.

reminder this is a trollpost/botpost/crosspost from Sup Forums

Oh yeah, I know the aesthetics aren't the reason cyberpunk is called cyberpunk. I would've talked about that but I saw others had already pointed that out so I instead talked about the aesthetics. I have no idea why steampunk, dieselpunk and raypunk exist, they don't have anything in common with punk ideologically or aesthetically.

>#TRIGGERED
Yea I'm totally autistic! I'm autistic because I like to make stupid fags feel stupid. The very definition of autism. Anyone who is mean is automatically autistic, reeeeee?

I'm done trying to talk to you as well. You fail to grasp a simple fucking concept ("words can mean more than one thing") and at this point I'm genuinely having trouble trying to decipher what you're saying.

"My retarded shitpost threads"? I don't think I've ever made a thread in my life. I barely come to Sup Forums because of anons like you.

I won't stoop to your level of unprompted insults because this thread may still be salvaged.

Go get some sleep, user. You've been awake too long, as you've said, and that much pointless anger isn't good for the mind.