Do you own any VHS tapes Sup Forums?

Do you own any VHS tapes Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

jerrymaguirepyramid.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have about 40+ tapes, yeah.

I know I own the first episode of Beast Wars: Transformers on VHS, it came free with a toy years and years ago.

im pretty sure we've thrown them all in the trash by now but there might be one hidden somewhere that we forgot about

I know I still have a giant cardboard box somewhere in the cellar filled with old anime videos

idk like 50-100 maybe

Never threw any out so they're still sitting on a shelf in my house.

What are films that're actually better to watch on VHS than in the cleanest, most modern format?

Outdated B-movies can be taken for grated.

In the process of moving and these are all I have left of the good old days

I still have a lot, I even own that exact Titanic double VHS tape box set too.

>hope floats

>I even own that exact Titanic double VHS tape box set too.
50% chance anybody old enough reading this had that boxed set at some point

Serial Experiments Lain?

I was at a thrift store and found this baby.
50 cents, couldn't go wrong.

A History of Violence

>find a tape with the starfox 64 logo in a friends house
>ask if I can borrow it
>he lets me
>take it home, pop it in excitedly expecting some kind of animated series of my favorite game
>instead get a snuff film featuring Sony and Sega execs electro-torturing the gay out of a mario doll

At least it taught me how to get to Aquas.

I thought this was Sup Forums. Still applies though.

Continue.

nice whats the story m8?

They were still releasing VHS tapes in 2006? Huh...

I have a tub with VHSes in it.

Should probably throw 'em out since I don't even have a VCR anymore.

Considered to be the last one

Found it at an abandoned trailer park. I should have taken it but don't own a vcr so now I'll never know what was on it.

>widescreen
grab that shit

>tfw you get a movie for your birthday and it's fucking fullscreen

thats cool. shouldve just bought some cheap ass vcr at a thrift store to see whats on it

Yeah.

I'm a thrift store fag so when I see a good movie or curious documentary I pick it up...Still a cool way to see old movies. VCR's are cool.

Still have a copy of that old McDonald's cartoon they made like 20 years ago; the one where ayyyliens come to earth and the hamburgler is the boy who cried wolf

That's a pretty cool TV.

I read an article once about this guy who started obsessively collecting copies of Jerry Maguire on VHS. He had thousands of them.

Cool microwave.

jerrymaguirepyramid.com/

Did the microwave meme catch on, or just everyone can see it?

The first thing I ever bought with my own money was the Jimmy neutron movie it costed 250 pesos. I remember telling my mother and my mother telling me that I should buy it, I saved for like a month and finally going up to the counter myself with the VHS.

THAT LITTLE FAGGOT GOT HIS OWN JET AIRPLANE

>preteen around the time I start noticing clearly marked widescreen/fullscreen versions popping up on shelves
>Family is functionally retarded, so they often slip up and get widescreen versions
>"Dammnit, again!"
>"What the hell are the black bars even for? They're just annoying!"
>I secretly enjoy it when they accidentally pick up widescreen version
>In early teens, wealthier relatives give parents a DVD player for Christmas
>First movie we get the menu gives you the choice of widescreen or fullscreen, and explains which each is
>Try to explain it to them
>"I don't care why they put the bars there. It looks stupid."

>jerrymaguirepyramid.com/

Huh. . . cool, I guess. I guess they've come a long way from hitting up random thrift stores. Good for them, I guess.

YEAH BUDDY, THAT'S HIS OWN HAIR

Was it worth it?

When I go on thrift store runs to get stuff for myself and to sell I get Jerrys for Everything is Terrible and tapes for RLM. I've got almost 80 Jerrys collected so far.

I found a 1993 tape of mad max I recorded from tv. It has a few minutes of footage for us broadcast never used on any release or aired in any other regions. I also have a ton of other VHS's, but probably only 30 or so are the good shit.

I spent some time in a hospital a couple years ago and they had a Jerry. Thought of steeling it but never did. That's one less Jerry. One they may never have

I have The Last Starfighter. Came free with one of my old VCRs, plus a bunch of tapes full of stuff I taped from the TV. Still my comfiest way of watching Twin Peaks and Liquid Television.

I own some Japanese tapes my friend found.

I also own these.

Do they have lots of weird commercials? I love those.

Just two. One is the first time I got my hands on a video camera and filmed me fucking my girlfriend (now wife).

The other is Escape From New York.

I own like 50 dbz vhs tapes along with the tmnt movie and the 90s batman movies

One of the tapes does. There were a few weird commercials.

>tfw you threw away all of your DVDs over a decade ago

Back when they essentially became useless / replaced by DVDs, my siblings and I used to make VHS cities by making VHS buildings, kind of like building blocks. Am I the only person that did this?

>tfw you threw away all of your VHSs over a decade ago

Back when they essentially became useless / replaced by DVDs, my siblings and I used to make VHS cities by making VHS buildings, kind of like building blocks. Am I the only person that did this?

>tfw mom always hid the titanic tape with the sexy parts on it

Only the essentials.

>The ten commandments
HNGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Some things never made it to DVD or BD.

Actually the guitar video I still have to return.

This is the only one I personally own, but I'm sure my parents have a bunch of my childhood ones somewhere

All the original Trek movies signed by the original crew.

Go to your local library. They'll have VCRs there.

Is this worth watching?

I still have these. When I watched them as a kid I remember I would always fast-forward through the George Lucas interview that plays in the beginning because I thought it was annoying.

I got a few...

>ONE
>LAST
>TIME

Just Ken Burns The Civil War

:^(

Keeping thread alive.

I have a huge horror collection with tons of rare shit.

Here's some of my more recent purchases.

i guarantee baskin robins will still honor that card

Some more shit.

Old PBS docs are comfy as fuck f.am.

r8 my collection

old pic of the clams/big boxes zombie stuff I own
Have tons more since then and this doesn't include any slips.

>spring breakers

judging from the script it's two old ladies trading recordibgs of old movies on tmc or novellas or something. old people are the only ones who still have handwriting that flowery and bother to write notes instead of texting. sad really

I consider myself a pretty big horror fan, but I've only seen 8 of the titles I can make out, and haven't even heard of most of the rest. Salut!

Best movie

Most aren't very good anyway.

Seen 31 of those. Counting dupes, of which you have many.

How about these, or atleast what you can make out. Wish the pic came out better when I did this. Didn't notice until after it looked so shit.

lmao nice gumby

>Most aren't very good anyway.
Yeah, there seems to be a preponderance of really bad horror films. Guess you won't have as many college aged genre fans who scrape together a couple thousand dollars so they can make a thoughtful drama.

I have pretty much every disney animated film til 2002 on VHS.

I'm shocked at how good VHS tapes actually look on a nice CRT like a Sony Trinitron on something. Had to watch one at my ghetto uni for a class and it was so vibrant and colourful.

What are you trying to kill my eyes? Is that Sugar Hill the zomblaxploitation gangster revenge movie?

how do you even play VHS tapes?

80s B-movies definitely, anything filmed in 4:3 (even if there are HD transfers), anything David Lynch, mid to late 90s music videos.

you need something called beta

Some random shit I own

lol
And yes it is. Sugar Hill is one of my favorites of the genre.

I went to a Thrift Store a month ago and they had 8 Jerry's. I thought the meme would have taken them all out of circulation.

Why people still buying vhs? Those are shit.

It's awesome, I meant to say. I was donating blood at the Red Cross one Saturday afternoon years ago, and it was on the TV with the sound down. The visuals impressed me, so a quick google found it and it is more entertaining than it has any right to be.

my dad used to be a buyer for B&N,my garage has over 1000 vhs 2000 dvds and 1000 cds and books

how the fuck do white ppl read this chicken shit scribbleing

you ever watch girl school screamers? its intriguing me.

Something so unsettling about creepy VHS tapes that DVD or digital will never reproduce.

nostalgia. half of that weird shit is out of print too.

pls upload your collections to youtube!!

How did you not murder your entire family?

just counted and I have 99 tapes

That little faggot, he's a meel-yoh-naah

post a picture cuck

I have several boxes of tapes with stuff recorded on them from between 1985 to 2008. Someday I'll transfer them.

gimme a minute

>he doesn't download all of his vhs horror movies exclusively off thc or cg