youtu.be/mFjEvl43zYY
youtube.com/watch?v=tdwR9KfeIIU
youtube.com/watch?v=Pj9UcKj7Dxo&feature=youtu.be&t=2m25s
duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered/16
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's an
>OP doesn't realize that the Lynch dune is literally as kino as it gets

Bless this man. Bless him.

Unironically, I think Dune is one of the best pleb filters. It's a very impressive movie. Flawed for sure, but still good in many ways

Why don't more movies do the inner monologue voice lines?

his next movie is worse

Even Lynch himself says this movie shit, Jodorowski says this movie is shit.Just because it's different doesn't make a movie masterpiece

I couldn't care less. I love it. It's one of my favorite sci-fi films, warts and all. Fuck Frank Hubert's vision. I like what Lynch did.

why does jodorowsky's opinion matter?
>dude i never read the book but friend told me about it and I really wanted to shit all over it

This was the first Netflix series.

dude he directed Holy Mountain

>dude drugs and naked hippies LOL

agreed.

I just watched it again last night because I just read it again last week.

This should be a poster child for how to distill an epic book down into a good movie.
>He kept the essential parts,
>took some pretty fun creative license with the non-essentials (the "weirding modules" and yelling Cha-aska! when they fired them. ok, kinda lame, but pretty fun at the same time.)
>added stuff to make it a fun thing to watch (baron harkonnen was inspired, Alia was well done, and the whole middle of the book/water of life sequence was over in 20 minutes which some die-hards will cry "HE DIDN'T DO IT JUSTICE" but Lynch really knew that this was the critical-but-boring stuff that needed to be included but without every single line from the book.

In summation, this was a really good movie, and essential watching, to be completely honest with you.

This movie did it so well it was almost un-noticeable. And it's one reason why there are so many "the book was betters".

Spicediver edit fixed the studio problems and made a perfect film.

fuck i watched that movie for the first time the first time i did acid
idk if i should watch it again or not

I always liked its lineup of actors. It fits the 80's very well for me.

youtu.be/mFjEvl43zYY
start at 1:00
laff
go watch dune

It was great and I love the book. Sure, it's a bummer that some of my favorite characters are marginalized and favorite scenes are omitted but who cares. I'll never experience those moments from the book again, even if i reread them but I always can reread them if i want to try.

Leto raging out in the elevator was a kino book moment.
They've tried to take the life of my son!

Behind the DUNE is the only good adaptation.

It's real kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=tdwR9KfeIIU

I don't know. but maybe it's only a thing that THIS movie could ever do, ya know? There will never again be anything quite with the vibe and aesthetics of this movie.

Critics hate it because they think it can only ever be used to spoonfeed information. It was great in Dune, but it didn't matter.

Reminder that Frank fucking Herbert himself loved Lynch's Dune.

>that godtier soundtrack

Well, time to watch Dune again.

>mfw Captain Picard never says Engage!

>find the game
>first screen

Is this the fucking Dune adventure game with sex scenes?

>Did you think that I who've given my life to service of the Atreides would give them less now?

Thufir Hawat's death was always my favorite moment.

I still to this day will often think
>My Duke

Goddamn I gotta reread the book. I'm sure it won't be the same as the first time, but there's only one way to find out for sure.

>Sting

>My name is a killing word

its a good film, first half is perfect really.
Looks great, stellar cast, good performances. Lynch lost control of the edit but I think this is mostly second half of the film stuff.

Dune has been talked down so much I think its a bit of a treat when people stumble onto it. Its not perfect but its highly watchable.

yes. It's actually good too. You have to farm salt and tactfully set up harvestors.

Nigga are we in the same Lynch class?

>Reminder that Frank fucking Herbert himself loved Lynch's Dune.

you're exaggerating. Frank Herbert was too polite to criticize Jodorowsky's shit-tier script. all he would say was ".. It was a little anti-Catholic.. he basically did everything except horse-whip the pope."

as for Lynch's Dune, in the Making Of book, Frank Herbert said it was exciting to hear actors recite lines of dialogue that he'd originally written. "loved" is a bit much.

jodorowski says everything is shit, except his own magnificent work, of course.

the guy has a shit fetish.

is that the one with the storyboard-tier cartoon images with the narration at the start? i saw some of that and had to turn it off. it was like Ralph Bakshi's "Lord of the Rings", except worse.

Composers need to use more electric guitars

youtube.com/watch?v=Pj9UcKj7Dxo&feature=youtu.be&t=2m25s

it was Toado (which is what Frank Zappa called them). poster children for 80s hair rock.

I used to link that part of the overture all the time, so much emotion.

This movie is great

weirding module.

just going to say that again: weirding. module.

because showing that the Fremen were more bad-ass than the Sardaukar would have been impossible.

> dudes in wet-suits
> vs dudes in welding helmets and haz-mat suits made of garbage bags

I loved the garbage troopers. Weirding module wasn't that off since they couldn't do the CGI speedrunner shit and had already introduced the Voice.

This game actually made me want to watch Dune.

Agreed. This list is full of pleb filters.

This will never stop being one of the dumbest things on the internet. It's like if you programmed a machine to name 100 movies with perfect randomness. There's no rhyme or reason that makes this funny or even frustrating. It's just 100 posters.
>LMAO you fucken troled yet XD?

For someone who says that it's nothing but 100 posters you seem to be visibly upset by it.

I havent seen the Lynch film, only a few scenes, but Jodorowski would have completely shat on the books even more.

Literally the boldest attempt at a blockbuster ever, I love Dune to death, keep in mind it was doomed to fail with critics from the very beginning because those wormy were denied early screenings and samples, there was a toxic smear campaign in every revelant industry media right off the bat. The film never had any chance to begin with. Lynch hates it not because of the supposed lack in quality, but because of all the power struggles with the studio and being denied the final cut.

>god-tier score that give the film a divine touch
>those mesmerizing desert shots
>those mesmerizing water shots
>sandworms
>inner monologues
>industrial hell of Harkonnens
>Baron Harkonnen (that first scene was borderline experimental)

Unironically the Top 5 sci-fi ever.

cont.

There was no laser shots, no speeders, no meme words that 11 yr olds can understand, no exposition for dummies (despite the monologues), no futile backstories, instead we're dropped right in the middle of a big feud between the grand aristocratic families. Also, Brad Dourif >>> anything they can come up with today.

it's what he does best.

duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered/16

"Entering the Palace Rabban orders every servant killed, Rabban himself slaughtering children with glee.

"Finally Rabban orders every Harkonnen soldier into the hall, and once it is full they are commanded to defecate!

"The defecating scene is mentioned by the Jodorowsky's Dune documentary director Frank Pavich in an interview on Indiewire

'In order to insult Duke Leto, David Carradine, Rabban the Beast gets his army, the Algerian army, to pull down their pants in front of the palace and shit. So there's going to be a scene of 2,000 extras defecating at once. So here's Charlotte Rampling, she agrees to meet with Jodo, she gets the script, she reads the script, and she says, "I can't be in a movie where there's 2,000 extras defecating on screen!" '

on the left: Rabban, as viewed by David Lynch.

on the right: Rabban, as viewed by Jodorowsky.