Anyone see this yet? It made me feel feelings again

Anyone see this yet? It made me feel feelings again.

I live in Oklahoma and everybody here thinks those types of movies are for liberals so they never come here.

>Rooney Mara Fucks the World: The Movie.

I thought it was entertaining but I'm not accustom to Malick's style (this was my first Malick film).

I live in LA and it was only showing here for like two weeks (and even then didn't bring in much box office wise) so I doubt it played much elsewhere.

They haven't announced a VOD release yet, hope it's soon. I saw it twice in theaters and I'm really wanting to see it again. I thought it was great, Malick's most successful effort yet of his recent experiments.

For those who have seen it, how does it compare to Knight of Cups? I thought KoC was wildly effective and emotional, probably my favorite Malick.

That sucks man. I'm definitely not a liberal, but I do live near a huge city with a pretty good arthouse theater (Baltimore).

Coming from someone who's seen all of his films except Thin Red Line and the New World, it's pretty fucking great. The only other ones I think are as nearly good are Badlands, which is a little better, and Tree of Life, which is a little worse.

The 4k blu ray release is July 4th, I honestly wanted to see it again as soon as it ended, I haven't felt this way about a movie since I saw the Master.

Definitely better than Knight of Cups. I liked the allegorical format and soundtrack, but none of the character's besides Bale had very much depth. Relationships felt a bit shallow, and maybe that was the intent, but it definitely didn't affect me as much as Song to Song.

>Relationships felt a bit shallow
i think that was the point, showing that meaningless/casual sex and hedonistic lifestyle doesn't bring contentment

Wish I did, it was at my local art house theater for one week and that's it. Sad day.

I found it quite different beast than KoC, which was so singular and built around Bale to a large extent whereas this one shifts perspective around quite a bit more and on the whole felt a lot more "free" and fluid (saying that as someone who also quite enjoyed KoC).

Also surprised by the sneaking in of relatively conventional film scenes and techniques, they blended really well with Malick's more idiosyncratic touches here, it felt like a best of both worlds to me. I really didn't get the critics on this one, I feel it's basically just a critical meme at this point to shit on ol Terry.

Did Natalie Portman and Rooney do ass to ass, though?

How the fuck do you like Malick and have never seen Thin Red Line and New World?

Also guys, for fucking serious, Portman is fucking unbelievably gorgeous in this. I was truly distracted. Pure Neta-kino.

Yeah it definitely felt intentional, like it was straight out of Malick's own life (as most of his movies are), but it just wasn't as devastating as seeing four people trapped in this perpetual cycle of love, betrayal, guilt, and redemption.

No but it's sort of shown that they have a threesome with Fass

>I went through a period when sex had to be violent.
Is this the best ever opening line of a film?

Neta is always gorgeous

This is one of the most romantically idealistic kinos I've ever seen and I love it. That shot of Gosling washing Mara out in the nature at the end was fucking beautiful.

Not a big fan of war movies, especially those about WWII and are nearly 3 hours long. I will definitely watch it once I get the Criterion.

New World, I've got no excuse. Especially since I really like Colin Farrell, and its his first movie with Lubezki.

Just realized that hilarious video of Natalie Portman looking confused at a sporting event is from that scene they filmed at the Longhorns game

It's shit like to the wonder.

careful with that kinda talk around here, boy

90 percent sure you didn't actually see it, but ok that's like, your opinion man.

Bale is in new world too, actually as much as farrell is. its a good movie

Yeah, he's John Rolfe, right? I think Kermode said the part where Pocahontas goes to England is when the movie really gets good.

i dont know who he is but he is in like half the movie. the movie is pretty good overall, i wouldnt say any part is better than the other, but its certainly more coherent than most of malicks movies after days of heaven.