Hopes for Episode 8?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7cX8lTS2lyc
youtube.com/watch?v=vtjfWvWowgM
youtube.com/watch?v=KvJDItC6tE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That it isn't as cancerous as TFA.

But it's Disney so...

I don't even consider the sequels Star Wars films, they don't even feel like them, more-so just generic scifis.

Finn and Rey hook up and stop teasing, and Sup Forums gets btfo

Script was already leaked months ago.

The Force is a tree. Men are the dark side.

There is no hope.

more (((diversity)))

Rei gets BLACKED
Kylo Ren comes out as trans
Some good anti-Trump quips

I hope Rey becomes an actual character instead of being perfect at everything. But let's be honest, it's just gonna double down on the GIRL POWER KILL WHITE DUDES shit.

/thread

1. That it's not just Empire Strikes Back remade again like how TFA was just ANH. We all agree the prequels were shit, but that doesn't mean we don't want new things. We just want those new things to be competently done.

2. I hope it's more interesting than the trailer. Unless they are intentionally going for a theme for all three teaser trailers on purpose, was there any reason why Last Jedi's trailer was basically just the TFA trailer again beat for beat?
>Heavy surprised breathing as character pops onto screen
>Sudden shots of ship battles
>Things explode
>All while ominous monologue plays and segues into theme. Let it in/Breath

Sup Forums is so against this happen but what they don't realize is that if they look past Finn's skin color, they see a bumbling awkward young kid that they can also relate to, who ALSO gets the girl at the end

Reylo

Didn't that script have Lando in it?

I hope it triggers the shit out of dickless manbabies as much as TFA did...oh wait it already has...keep on putting your insecurites on display in every hypocrisy filled criticism

hope it's not shit, but it's nu-wars so it probably will be. Sad!

I want Rey to start turning to the dark side and Kylo starts moving to the light after turning on Snoke and taking him out.

Then episode 9 takes place 10 years later where Finn and Kylo team up to stop Rey even though Kylo is overmatched because Rey has always been more powerful than him.

He tries to convince her that if he can turn back to the light than anyone can.

If you dont appreciate the prequels ur a fucking faggot that helped Lucas sellout.

Seriously, FUCK YOU. My god you nearly destroyed a franchise over what? Please explain you fucking bitch nigger whats wrong with the prequels? Shit was legitimate Star Wars.

Bitchass faux Star Wars fan.

this. finn is pretty based.

no thanks

youtu.be/7cX8lTS2lyc

That it turns a trilogy into a duology.

Not happening. They've basically confirmed Finn and the Rose girl at Celebration.

I hope it has Idris Elba as a renegade Republic officer who's always getting called in for being off his rocker.

Kek

Finn and Poe.

It doesn't come out.
More Likely but still not happening:
Rey dies, Finn stays in a coma, and the main character become Luke while he makes up for being absent and letting all this shit transpire. Episode 9 is about him training someone not shit at acting to be the next Jedi master.

That they tell an original story that doesn't need lots of fan service to pad it. So basically, not the first 2 Disney movies and it's not going to happen.

I am hoping they explain a little bit of background of what the hell happened in the last 30 years. Also, finn and poe

my hope is that they dont shit on star wars

oops lost that one already lol

tfw you're luke skywalker and u want an end to the jedi haha

I think it also had Wedge in it

More Original Trilogy references!

Make more fun of the Prequel Trilogy because it's bad XD

Kylo Ren not being autistic as fuck.
Brienne of Tarthtrooper actually killing people and not just getting thrown into the trash.
Rey actually having any flaws.
Luke not being Yoda 2.
Having some kind of exposition on the state of the galaxy--like what the fuck happened in the thirty years after ROTJ where the emperor died and presumably there was some kind of power vacuum and is there a Republic now?

But we're probably not going to get any of that. Just some CGI battles and stuff blowing up and Rey single-handedly saving the day with a cute droid and her ex-stormtrooper buddy.

They said it's a very female story. So no, I have absolutely no hopes for TLJ nor Star Wars in general.

I'm sick of the same shit. I'm sick of lame ass villians. I want a new planet that isn't desert/forest/snow planet. I want a villian that's compelling and, honestly, cool. I want some answers about who the fuck Snoke and the Knights of Ren and all of this other random shit is. I don't want to see a fucking remake of Empire.

Make some original shit with some cool villians. The heroes were always lame, save for the savvy rogues and Obi-Wan. C'mon, is this really that hard?

>Having any hopes left for the main trilogy

Already looking ahead to stand alone Ben Kenobi western.

They could save it by making Luke the MC and making the villain anything but a spooky dark side ghost, but it's too late now.

just don't kill Luke.
you don't have to kill a character to make him mean something or be important.
in fact, I really hope they make Luke op as fuck, since in TFA Snoke spoke about him as someone who could defeat the First Order.

still, this new trilogy doesn't fully feel like Star Wars, but so far it's been good

How so?

It all feels pretty star wars to me.

Do you consider the prequels star wars?

not the user you replied to, but this oneto me, the new trilogy feels like it could easily be just a new sci-fi story.
I really don't know how to explain it, but it just lacks the freshness from the OT and even the PT, the new ones look too "modern" and generic

Don't make Kylo Ren get eeeeviler and die just because some morons want things to be different just for the sake of being different and utterly forget the main theme of Star Wars.

Considering Han and then what happened to Carrie, it's pretty much guaranteed that Luke will live. If he wasn't going to before, he sure fucking is now. It's too morbid and sad otherwise.

I'm not sure about that. Poe's entire attitude, the effects, Finn's Jacket, the set design and pacing all felt really -star wars-y to me

When I saw Finn's jacket I instantly realised that that jacket really looks like star wars.

The music too, really felt like star wars. Brought strong memories of playing Jedi Knights and stuff

Whoever was in charge of comedy lines in TFA should be shot.

That is honestly extremely close to my dream finale for the new trilogy, It might actually salvage Episode 7 if they do that. Rey fully embracing the Dark side and using a double lightsaber darth maul style would be fucking great. but they won't do that because MUH EVUL WOMAN

look they've already made up their minds about how they'll feel about the sequel trilogy, "it doesn't feel like star wars" makes absolutely no sense, especially if they think the prequels felt like "Star Wars" as established in the original trilogy, which they don't.

This, the comedy in TFA was awful. Felt like I was watching a marvel movie.
>something humorous happens
>theres a pause in the scene for the audience to clap and laugh in real life and not make noise over following dialogue

Why are you doing that? Huh?
Why are you doing that? Huh? Huh?
I'm trying to think of a plan here.

>>something humorous happens
>>theres a pause in the scene for the audience to clap and laugh in real life and not make noise over following dialogue

GODDAMN I hate this!

yeah, the comedy scenes weren't nearly as funny as in the prequels:
youtube.com/watch?v=vtjfWvWowgM

The pauses after each line are only cuz the actors had no idea what any of their motivations were so they just said the lines like they were reading em out loud, really highlights how strong Lucas' scripts were.

>Women are the light side
>Men are the dark side

I have no hopes for this movie

TFA is a better Star Wars movie than all the George Lucas prequels combined

It's already fucked.
8 will have slightly more gravity and consequence and probably end with Luke dying.

none

Rey is going to turn to the Dark Side and Kylo is going to be redeemed

screencap this post

yeah I guess so, I just hope they don't turn him into a force ghost, he's the original MC after all

I guess you could say that. Maybe it was just JJ Abrams' style that felt too different for me (even tho I have to admit the guy has a pretty nice visual style).
I'm not too familiar with Rian Johnson's style, so I hope it feels more natural

But you laughed when BB8 gave the thumbs up right?

I hope Luke impregnates Rey during training.

There's no interesting story in him just getting badder anyways.

Doesn't happen. It's been confirmed that Rey is the reincarnation of The One, the original founder of the Jedi and the first human to "discover" the force. She's perfect in every way.

This is why she's so ridiculously overpowered in TFA. This is how they're going to address the Mary Sue crap. It was all a set up

This. If you don't support George, you aren't real Star Wars. Simple as that.

No. Disney is going to turn The Last Jedi into a remake of Empire Strikes Back like TFA is a remake of A New Hope.

You got me, user kun. But enough is enough. At the 3rd act I got tired of the self aware humor.
>"We'll use the Force!"
>"That's not how the Force works."
>pause
Really?

That scene isnt even funny you dumbass.

youtube.com/watch?v=KvJDItC6tE0

Asteroid bit is full of comedic bits and doesnt have that retarded pause modern movies do when theres a quip or something humorous.

>kylo spergs out
>stormtroopers on patrol do a 180
That was so fucking painful to watch. The only way to make it worse is if they were talking about why their shots always seemed to miss.

Nothing like that has been confirmed.

True. TFA began to feel like a Star Wars parody. I wish I was just hating.

Why the fuck do movies keep doing this. I absolutely hate it and it feels so hollow and takes me completely out of the experience instantly.

I hope I fucking die before it comes out.

>If you dont appreciate the prequels ur a fucking faggot that helped Lucas sellout.

I loved Star Wars more than anyone, and then the prequels came out and were pieces of shit as films/movies.

It is the duty of TRUE fans to point out when their beloved franchises have gone full retard, to step back and go "ok, no world, this is NOT what Star Wars is supposed to be like.".

Otherwise we'd all look like shit-guzzling idiots who'd lap up anything with a Star Wars logo on it.

Real fans point out the flaws. Faux fans pretend they don't exist.

Yes it has. It was even set up earlier in the Disney expanded universe.

Rey is literally a divine being and the savior of the universe.

Why can't that just be a tree that is a sacred grounds for the Jedi? From what can we deduce that the Force would originate from that tree and that Rey is a divine being?

got any more? isn't the leaked script fake anyway?

I hope General Hux kicks a lot of ass in this movie somehow. I like the tyrannical ginger. It seemed kind of lame the way they treated the First Order characters in TFA so hopefully like in ESB in TLJ they will get to do more.

Yeah, I downloaded it and the "script" is for sure made by a teenager. Only thing amazing is that it's over 100 pages. Some people...

More Poe and Finn hi-jinks

>TFA felt like a Star Wars parody
I felt the same.

unironically this

I feel like there's potential beyond them fucking shit up in a thai fighter