I need some serious advice from a fellow wageslave, please

I need some serious advice from a fellow wageslave, please

So I have worked in a deli for 3 months. Yesterday, I was scheduled to show up for closing. I messed up my schedule and thought I was on for today. How do I handle this? Will a simple apology do, considering I have made no prior mistakes and am generally held in good regard?

Please this is some bad shit. Idk how to handle this. I can find a new job but I don’t want to.

If no advice then please comfort me with memes before the end

Attached: 692F1C41-58F2-454A-82EA-D4012DF4D461.png (750x1334, 1.08M)

The end of job that is. Fuckin auto correct sucks on phoneposting

bro you better have apoligized already

It was closing shift and no one was there by the time I realized

Bump

they didn't even call? might mean they're through with you.

What did they say to you when you didn't show up?

dont know what kind of people you deal with or how your manager is like but just be honest and offer to take another shitty shift. you arent the only person in the world who's skipped a day by accident

i literally no called no showed on new years eve and all i got was a slap on the wrist, you'll be fine

Maybe ask your fuckin manager before asking random people online are you retarded?

No call. First time I’ve ever done this. Other folks have done it twice in the time I’ve been there and not even gotten written up
No call from them either. It’s whack, and I have no means of figuring it out until tomorrow

damn dude you must have dealt with some shitty people to really think they would fire you because of this trifling shit lmfao

ok well you just said they let other people get away with it under similar circumstances, so why are you so worried?

Yes I am retarded, I wouldn’t have done this if I weren’t
Feeling better now, thanks. What happened?

So this isn’t probably a instant failure? I don’t remember reading anything to that effect in my handbook. After I call this morning I’ll review it

Just go in and act like nothing happened. If they bring it up with you, apologize.

he should just go in and apologize and explain that he made a mistake.

you may still get fired. but sounds like they aren't overly strict there. I got fired for a similar thing once though.

>hardest most awkward way
>easy and ultimately least beneficial way

>>hardest most awkward way

its life. either bitch out or stand up and face it

Was that the first time it happened?

am honest person that isn't a pussy owns up to their mistakes. apparently you don't quite get what is the right thing to do in such a circumstance. owning up to his mistake isn't going to get him fired. the mistake itself which already occurred would be reason if he gets canned.
yes

The one thing I don't get is why they haven't called you.
How many people were supposed to be there for closing?
Was your boss supposed to be there for closing.
It seems to me a possible scenario is that the people who closed just covered for you and haven't told anyone, but in that case they should still tell you so that you know that you owe them one.
It's probably not a big deal either way. If you don't normally do shit like this you will get away with one screw up easily.

Thanks

No manager for closing. No one except the guy who was on (which I get along with alright) is aware. No calls, no texts, nothing. At the time I was supposed to show up, there was a manager I think.

Also this is the first time in 3 months of employment that I have ever done anything like this

Look man you're going to need to go down to your local church as soon as humanly possible, go straight into confession and beg for forgiveness. If you're lucky God will forgive you. If not you're going to burn in hell for what you have done. Hopefully your soul can be saved. God speed user.

You sound like a scared kid. Honest mistakes happen all the time in life. You'll learn that. And if your boss is a decent human being he will understand. If not you'll get a different job, who wants to work at a fukn deli anyway

then have a chat with the guy who did the closing. Apologize for leaving him high and dry and say you owe him one, and try to find out if he told on you or not.
There's a good chance your manager has no idea. Snitches get stitches. I have never told on my coworkers, but I have been honest when directly questioned by my bosses. Your coworker may be the same.

the kek I needed
after thinking about it a little and getting past the initial shock it’s probably not as bad as I think. Will still handle it professionally, or as best I can. Because this isn’t really professional

Dude I’m 19 been working for 3 years. 3 months with this company. Am very scared for job, and scareder for reference if I have to leave

"Sorry, I fucked up my schedule, it was an honest mistake". Don't lie.

Oh god no I wouldn’t lie. Not about something like this especially

What happened?
just said I mixed up the guys schedule who was below mine and that I was sorry.

And that ended up ok for you mostly?

I did the same thing for almost a month. When I finally realized it I told my boss and everyone just laughed at me for working on my new day off like a retard.
But you may be fucked user some bosses are corporate cock gobblers

I will say that my department manager is pretty relaxed about most things, but I’m not sure how he’ll react exactly to something like this. Hopefully ok. Glad to hear it turned out ok for you

Most states in the U.S. New employers can not ask anything performance related they can only ask if you're eligible for rehire. And at that most places just verify you actually worked for said reference and don't ask questions about you as an employee.

Oh. Well, that explains how I got the job without my letter of recommendation.

What's Sup Forums make of this drone invasion of the Midwest?
hail to the king

Attached: 1546448744826.png (576x580, 245K)

What

yeah, I just said I had my glasses off when i looked at it and i got the days mixed up

I have glasses too. Nice

Just show up tomorrow at the time you thought and when they tell you you were supposed to be there yesterday act like you thought it was today. This way they'll think it was an honest mistake and that you weren't just skipping work.

Cool. Not the worst thing really, but I will still apologize