I just changed my brake pads and rotor, but when I drive around the wheel gets really hot...

I just changed my brake pads and rotor, but when I drive around the wheel gets really hot. It didn't get hot before I changed it, so I don't think it's the wheel bearing. Is my caliper the issue? I believe the pads are just constantly rubbing

Attached: IMG_20200103_114500~2.jpg (2344x3873, 1.51M)

stop being a faggot and squirt some WD-40 on it

Jack the tire up, there should be slight resistance. but should be easy to turn.

Mechanic-fag here. Check caliper slider pins move freely and pads move freely in the bracket. If everything there is okay make sure pistons push back and move okay

Pads always touch on disk brakes.

I bet he re used old pins!

Take caliper off. Pump brake to push out pistons (not all the way). Clean said pistons. Push back in all the way. Reassemble. Pump brake 2-3 times.

Drive slowly around the block and ensure brakes at least stop you.
Then re-test if disc and wheel get hit at higher speeds.

Brakes always give off residual heat, but it shouldn't be so hot you can't touch it

Will do. I could smell something burning and only this tire was hot, other tire was just fine

I mean, hard to tell without being there but either your pins aren't properly cleaned and lubed or your caliper piston is seized.

caliper is sticking either take it back apart and make sure pins are lubed and piston is lubed and moving freely also make sure the rubber lines going to the caliper are ok cause they can collapse internally and that can cause same issue. if your lazy or not too concerned just drive till the pads wear down a bit and stop rubbing

You invested in the absolute most important part of your car and you didn't even clean it up. Take it all back apart and clean all that rust off and lubricant the Piston, clean the rotors with break clean, quit being so cheap/lazy. Plenty of videos on YouTube that will show you what to do.

Sorry if this is obvious, but do you suppose this is seized/the rubber is messy?

Attached: IMG_20200103_120011~2.jpg (2603x3814, 1.92M)

OP here again, the top drive pin is locked up. That could be the issue, thanks guys

Old pins can be fine, the question is did he clean them and use new lube.

Ford??

Replace that caliper. Once that rubber boots torn it's not gonna seal and all that lovely dot3 is gonna leak

that rubber being cracked has definitely let some dirt into the piston honestly youd be better offplaying it safe and buying a new caliper should be pretty cheap

Did you clean and lube up the caliper slide pins? If not that, then sometimes when you press the brake piston back in it could get caught up on the seal and therefor keeps putting pressure on the pads/disk.

Also make sure you didnt twist the brake line when you mounted the caliper back up

Sometimes fluid in brake lines can back up. Does your car pull? also,Where can I get cyanide for suicide? I'm not an edgy faggot my liver is shot. I don't what to use my shotgun because I would like to leave a half decent looking corpse.

Personally I prefer grease

Up ur caliper is fucked. Go get a new one from a scrap yard

I sure didn't clean one of the slide pins and it's extremely seized up :(

Attached: IMG_20200103_122129~2.jpg (2484x3274, 1.37M)

Some manufactures use inside/outside pads and some even use left and right pads. Double check you didn't put then in backwards.