Kino. Now watch Belladonna of Sadness.

All right.
This is what I got so far.
>the giant black spaceship = Noe's Ark
In the beginning it comes down from heaven, in the ending it rises up from hell

>the egg = seed of life/seed of knowledge, adam's apple
Breaking it to know what was inside is the equivalent of the original sin

>the little girl = innocence of the ignorants, the holy mary, christ figure
She 's maternal, she protects the cull of life in her womb, her sacrifice brings salvation and life to the rest of the dead world

> the warrior = the man
Lost in a perceived meaningless life he will commit any sin to draw himself further to the completion's of God

>the water = source of life and source of death
The water is a symbol of life because the little girl needs it to survive but also a symbol of death cause it can drown the entire word

>the shadow fishes = false values
The shadows fishes are just shadows, like in Plato's cave and not the real values the people of earth's should pursue. They are never attainable and nonetheless the entirety of humanity (the iron fishermen) will destroy the world (the hollow city) with their spear to try and get them.

So, I got this.
I just think the whole movie was kind of incoherent. Like, you have all these symbols, but there isnt a strong narrative to tie them.
What did you guys think? I dont want to watch Stuckman

seeing this alot lately name

I think assuming everything is a one to one metaphor is pleb as fuck

Interersting but why did the man had that rifle shaped like a cross? Also why the island looked like the Noah's ark?

Reddit incarnate

Now fuck off back to Sup Forumsnti-art

>just look at the pretty pictures bro
>film is a visual medium bro

I swear to god Sup Forums's patrician are no better than pleb normies

I have no idea. Most of the imagery eludes me. The rain, the vases, the whole angel skeleton. I think some things are just there to make it look cool.

film IS a visual medium. I don't really expect someone who thinks this movie is deep to get it though. Watch more film.

You realise there's more to a movie than "X symbolises Y", right? That's the most simplistic high school tier analysis of any kind of art imaginable.

why did the guy break the egg?

All right, that's what Im asking.
What else is there in this movie?

He thought he would find his purpose in there

Is the good old Oshii actually an /hack/?

It was his duty. God told him to do that.

bumperino

>This is what I got so far.
>>the giant black spaceship = Noe's Ark
>In the beginning it comes down from heaven, in the ending it rises up from hell

> noah's ark
> wooden boat built by a man, on the surface of the earth
> doesn't come down from heaven
> doesn't rise up from hell
> floats about in flood water for six weeks

i despair for the lack of education today's generation flaunts.

pissed me off good t b h, the 1 thing she asked him not to do and he does it anyway

dick

he's /ourhack/

>doesn't come down from heaven
Noah literally got the plan's for the ark from God

>doesn't rise up from hell
The ark was literally the only salvation from a word summerged by an abyss to punish mankind, a hellish scenery if you ask me.

I hate this.
I dont think I got it all right and I have no pretentions of being particualrly insightful, but to dismiss my point with ironic cynical shitposting without offering anything in returns is kind of sad.

All right, maybe I'm wrong about the ark. So, what do you think it was?

wow everything on that list is wrong.

protip: a lot of these metaphors are biblical metaphors as well.

The water for example alludes to Jesus saying "Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

So you got the girl obsessively collecting endless amounts of water for no reason, then you got her falling into water, drowning into it and ascending to heaven among the other Saints.

Its pretty simple with some basic biblical knowledge.

What movie is this?

Angel's egg

Does kino just mean boring, tedious to watch?

He might be a dick but thanks to him she earned her salvation.

a great fakin movie
youtu.be/1-9VeKb63Y0

kino means "good"

Movies are only as intelligent as you are, because no one else's brain can process information for you. If you don't understand, you're stupid or worse, too lazy to think.

Oshii is the greatest hack alive and working in the movie industry and I will defend The Red Spectacles until my dying day.

kino is the german word for movie or cinema