Hey Sup Forums, I need to get some vitamin D in me. That stuff helps with depression and motivation...

Hey Sup Forums, I need to get some vitamin D in me. That stuff helps with depression and motivation, and most people here probably have a deficiency too! I can't go to a doctor right now so I'm going to ask you guys, does anyone know how much I should take?

Attached: 900.jpg (900x900, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Advanced-Peak-Performance-Supplement-Vegetable/dp/B075R56QCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A lot

A little

I take 4000iu per day. My rheumatologist has said that it is too much but when I was only taking a 1000iu a day I remained dangerously deficient. Taking 4000iu has kept me at a good level. I only take D3; D2 is for vegan faggots.

depends how low your level is
i take this
amazon.com/Advanced-Peak-Performance-Supplement-Vegetable/dp/B075R56QCQ

That does seem like a lot, I wish I could remember what the doctor recommended to me years ago, I think I took 3000iu. I was looking up side effects of taking too much Vitamin D and was worried I might be misremembering and doing something stupid though, so I'm glad to hear that 4000iu seems to be helping you. Thanks for your input!

I unfortunately don't know how low my level is anymore, and I don't have the resources to find out due to some life troubles. I'm hoping that if I manage to raise my Vitamin D level though that I might improve my mood and increase motivation. I noticed that I was always most productive when I was forced to be in the sun for long periods of time, and become more lethargic when I finally get stability and start staying inside more. I'll check these pills out, but isn't 5000iu too much or am I just misreading? Thanks for input, by the way!

You also need b12 if you want to treat depression. Eat liver for b12.

>That stuff helps with depression and motivation

no it doesn't

you can get d3 from exposure to sunlight or even some tanning beds. Its the whole healing power of the sun that native americans spoke of.

I'm considering getting a daily multivitamin alongside d3 supplements, should I also get some b12 supplements or do you think whatever I get from the multivitamin should be enough?

Supplements are not regulated. Why not just eat real food? Liver contains so many nutrients.

And if you live in colder climates you have to eat a lot of animal foods. That's how our ancestors lived. Seal liver is very high in vitamin D

Like mentioned eat Beef liver, Fatty fish like Salmon, ect. Your body will actually be able to process it.

Sorry, let me explain: From what I understand a Vitamin D deficiency causes some problems like weaker bones and such, but it also hinders your brain from doing some serotonin nonsense and therefore can make you crankier, sadder, and less motivated. While fixing your Vitamin D levels won't fix all your problems, it is a good way ease the depression caused by it off.

I don't go outside that much, and don't have enough reason right now to consider doing so.

I've never eaten liver but I can definitely look around and try some, I'm sure I've seen some around at the grocery store near me. Thanks for the tip!

Micronutrients and herbs only help with depression if you are either deficient or chemically unbalanced, respectively. Learning meditation and working towards self-actualization would be a more productive use of resources in most cases. Perhaps also coupled with a change in scenery.

This is too much. Vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat soluble and as such can be overdosed if taken at these quantities over a long period.

I take 1200 iu/day, which is already 300%, but i dont take it every day.

you reason for going outside is getting some vitamin d in one of its most natural forms, dipshit. Take whatever device that you are posting on and a chair and do it outside. Get a little color in your cheeks and maybe a chick will throw you some ass.

If you're healthy you can get away with 500 - 1000 IU a day from a pill. I have to take 2000 per day for a couple months to help with a deficiency.

That person probably has some other problem where their body had problem retaining vitamin D.

High doses of vitamin D are used to treat deficiency, and even then it takes a while for your body to get to normal levels.

don't you learn about vitamins in like fucking elementary school? damn...

this vitamin is produced in skin. in warm, sunny countries, you produce enough yourself. in white countries, you need more from food. infants need some, adults need a little, elderly people need a lot because they have trouble with digesting it properly, hence deficits and osteoporosis

1 typical capsule is usually more than enough
if you dwell in a basement, you can take 2. they are cheap as dirt and it's impossible to overdose so enjoy

keep in mind that it's a vitamin so you won't be getting any magical effects. after several weeks, you may get a slight attitude adjustment, you'll tire less easily and your immune system may get slightly more efficient. that's all.

real issues with d3 deficiency occur in malnourished children, people working night shifts and elderly people. if you're relatively healthy and don't eat mcdonalds for all meals, it's most likely going to be placebo

I understand that. I realize there's a lot wrong with me that I'd like to fix but I've been spiralling downwards for the past month (the holiday season is hard for me). I'm certain that part of it is due to a Vitamin D deficiency that I know I have had previously, and so I'm trying to take that off the table so I can think more clearly, in case it's causing my thoughts to take more negative outlooks.

Right, but why do that if I can fix the problem quicker without wasting my time walking around in a circle outside? I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and I just recently-ish got off the streets so money and transportation are both unavailable to me. I'd rather just take some pills so I don't need to put more thought to it.

I'm fairly certain I have a deficiency, should I still do 1000iu or bump it up to 2000iu to try and normalize it?

Sorry, I didn't go to school that much so I don't really know about the vitamins in-detail. I just know that I was diagnosed with a deficiency over a year and a half ago, I took d3 supplements around 2000iu to 3000iu a day. After a month or two I started feeling more motivated and active and actually started to diet and exercise. Unfortunately life got in the way really hard and I lost access to all that, and now I'm trying to fix everything I can and I realized this is a problem I might have and that I should try to fix.

>I need to get some vitamin D in me.
That's what she said

you can sit outside just like you are sitting right now. and the sun is free as opposed to some vitamin pills that you will take and then piss out half or more of the actual vitamin

You can have some of my vitamin D in you. Take every inch. I guarantee you will have motivation after that.

Attached: heyo.jpg (387x295, 10K)

Try St. John's Wart instead... It helps without you realize and it bumps your general health as well. More effective than just taking vitamin D

Take DMT instead

not OP but ive heard good things about st johns wart. havent tried it. But i also heard good things about gaba and all it does is make me want a nap

It's St. John's Wort, you idiots! Fuck, why bother with vitamins, you need something more basic, like an attention span.

but wart sounds funnier than wort. I said butt wart

Attached: theedge.jpg (638x876, 120K)

I take 10k IU vegan d3 (lichen) retard boy, learn something

ìts possible to overdose on vitamin d dont listen to this moron

Drink nesquick, it has added vitamins, such as vitamin D, take vitamin C as a supplement
Don't forget vitamin K aka special K aka ketamine

Unless you have a medically advised deficiency you're at risk of hypervitaminosis by taking vitamins when you don't need them.
(Excluding C which is peed out)

Ah and exercise is also good to counter winter depression

Most, if not all, B vitamins are also water soluble

Dr. Rhonda Patrick from Joe Rogan Podcast says to take like 10,000 iu per day.

The best method would get your levels tested first to see if they are deficient. You can overdose so I wouldn't recommend just taking a lot for a while because you think it's low. If you stick to 1000 for a while it might be enough, especially if you get vitamin D from foods.

I know people who just take a regular dosage during the winter months too, and maybe that would be a good option for you.

Yeah this is mainly what I'm trying to figure out, what would be the safest option that will actually work. I'll look into eating some stuff like liver and salmon, might work in some sunlight time with open windows and what-not. But I'm especially just looking for what would be a safe dosage that might actually help.

I'll also look into St John's Buttwart too, just a cursory Google makes it sound appealing.

Have you tried just not being depressed? It works for most ppl.