Favorite kurosawa movie? pic related

favorite kurosawa movie? pic related

Throne of Blood
Also my favourite MacBeth remaster

Ikiru

4 U ?
for you ?
Did Kurosawa invent baneposting ?

Redbeard. Hidden Fortress gets a honorable mention.

red beard

ive only ever seen Kagemusha. so, that.

mein nigga

mein schwarzmann

Kagemusha = Rashomon = Yjimbo > Seven Samurai > Ran

Ikiru by an awful lot.

High and low

Seven samurai

More interesting question: what is Kurosawa's shittiest movie? I hear it's the Idiot, but haven't had the chance to see it, since the only copy I've ever encountered was a cheap DVD from Hong Kong.

Seven Samurai

What's actually good about it? I loved ran and seven samurai but tikiru looks pretty boring.

Watch it and find out.

But I imagine if "looks pretty boring" is your opinion, I doubt you'll like it.

Let me guess you need action and drama on screen or else you can't enjoy your psuedo-kino.

That's a big poster

Not really. Ikiru genuinely looks boring, but I don't mind films being slow. I enjoyed cobra verde for example. Most people would call that boring.

you will never find out until you try. Why does it look boring to you?

It basically about a wagecuck who realizes he doesnt really do anything important and then he goes and tries to do something important. Then he gets all the haters against him because he challenges the status quo but hes still going for it. In the end they see what he achieved and everyone cries, but its too late because hes ded.
Its an emotional film about purpose and beaurocracy and it will probably grab your attention even though it starts out looking like its going to be a chore to get through.

Sometimes is Rashomon and sometimes it isn't.

Literally from the description. Sounds plebby I know but I've been disapointed with many 2-3 hour long films and it gets boring sometimes. When I hae a bad feeling about a film that's supposed to be great I'm usually right. For my tastes of course.

Madadayo. Uzala 2nd. Late stage Kurosawa gets me for some reason.

well go with your gut then i guess

>ctrl f throne of blood
>no results
off yourselves

I'll leave it for now but keep an eye out for it in the future. cheers guys.

>too lazy to read even the first reply
>too stupid to use Find properly