I'm 20 years old but I'm still scared of being alone...

I'm 20 years old but I'm still scared of being alone. For some reason when I'm by myself I get scared that some sort of demon is gonna pop out from around the corner or the closet. Every creepy thing I've seen goes through my head and I get overwhelmed with anxiety. Any tips on overcoming this?

Attached: d58282717b5bc9e06f9f6133edf612c3.jpg (400x538, 18K)

>some sort of demon

Attached: 1528296319427.jpg (152x254, 24K)

Attached: Armed.png (1022x574, 1.12M)

What's that

False armadillo penis.

Neat

Embrace the demon, ask him how his day was.

If you have never seen this 'demon,' then you have no reason to fear it; it's completely in your head. Being alone is great though, because it gives you a chance to be with your thoughts and focus on becoming a fully-actualized human being.

Or whatever you are.

>ayy lmao

Attached: gavan.jpg (479x600, 53K)

Did it help?

I know how irrational I'm being, I tell myself that it's nonsensical for me to be so afraid. For some reason I can't shake the feeling that I'm being watched and the sense of dread never subsides.

No but it's still pretty neat

Grow up

You still live with your parents, Jim

yeah, get help. shit wont get better on its own

I’m 42 with 3 kids

But on this site so I need to grow up too

Solid advice

You need philosophy. I used to have anxiety pretty much exactly like that. I got over it by generally saying that if something like that ever happened, I would just do the best I can. If I die, I die. You can't let fear of failure (or death) convince you to do nothing. Accept it. Through acceptance of death or failure you can find the path to try, and trying is all you really need to do.

seek some help or kill yourself

nah bro, I'm 58

That's good advice. There's rare moments when I'm able to quell the anxiety a bit because of this mindset. However, it doesn't take long for disturbing images to continue flashing through my mind.

I don't think you can stop the images. I would actually treat them as real possibilities, but simply accept them as a possible consequence and move forward. I still sometimes am walking home in the dark and wonder what I'd do if Slenderman or something stepped out from around the corner just as I reach my house. I can't quite convince myself it's not a real chance. I just accept it. Also, my plan is to yolo and see what happens when I punch it.

No man in the history of this world has encountered a “demon” other than than the ones that live in their mind.
>what is it that you are afraid of op? What had happened in your pampered little life?
>you see, if you actually encountered heart ship in your soft life than you wouldn’t create these fairytale demons in your life.

You still live with your parents, Jim