Fucking Boomers, ruin everything they touch

Fucking Boomers, ruin everything they touch.
>Just bought my first home earlier this year
>Built 1968; 3 bed 2 bath w/ garage.
>Best I could afford to be closer to work. But also gives me the chance to customize and remodel.
>Close on the place and move in to half the house while I start working on the other half. Start remodeling the kitchen first.
>Tear up the decades old vinyl floor. Another layer of vinyl. Then another layer of vinyl. Then fucking tile. Finally get to the sub floor.
>Start ripping out the cabinets. Newspaper stuffed next to live electrical wiring. Cabinets hung on the dry wall not the studs.
>Decide to move on to the living room to remove the old carpet. Another set of fucking carpet underneath acting as the cushion. Remove that perfect hardwood floors...covered in carpet glue.
>I later had a buddy look at them and said I'd be better off selling the wood than trying to save it.
>Knock through the wall to uncover the chimney that was at some point sealed and covered over. Find a beautiful mantle piece ruined by plaster. The Chimney had been sealed with fucking firewood.
>Electrician says my electrical is shit and was done by a retard decades ago. Plumber says the piping is originally copper but here and there they threw in galvanized pipe over the decades.
>Go to city hall to look at permits. Nothing has been done on that house since it was built. It's been owned by 3 families. The last one bought it back in the mid 90's.
Boomers are the same faggots demanding I pay hundreds in permits to do any work. Spend thousands to hire "Licensed" contractors to fix up my home. Lobby the city government for endless zoning laws and regulations on housing. Yet were the same fuckers who did all this stupid nigger level shit.

This world is such a shit hole. I wonder when mass shootings are going to shift from kids shooting up schools to shooting up old folks homes.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1018x761, 202K)

Sounds like you got a house lived in by 5 wetback families.

They might have rented it to wetbacks but the title only has 3 families on it. Then again boomers aren't known for doing anything right.

that's it, bro.
you had dumb boomers doing shit jobs and other boomers making laws trying to stop those ones (while ignoring the laws themselves usually) which just pIles on the regulations because at the end of the day no one enforces shit (unless you're a minority)

>muh minority is always victim
fucking cry a river bitch nigger

wetbacks would have done good work whole fucking off on the permits.

OP describes a house owned by a WASP with that "can do" American spirit

I wonder if the boomers cried just as hard as you are right now because the generation before them barely had electricity or stable buildings at all.

Boomers literally ruined everything.

more about how shitty your house is plz

are you upset?
this isn't your safe space, faggot.
facts give no shits about your fragile little feels

Absolutely the worst generation in recent memory.

I dunno about you, But any Wetbacks I've met doing that kind of work have usually done a damn good job. Better than the fuckin' boomers that bought the houses and destroyed both it and the housing market.

Did you not have the property professionally inspected prior to purchase?

Minorities are the only ones allowed to flaunt the law anymore buddy. The rest of us white mutts just have to fucking grit our teeth.

>wetbacks would have done good work
Surprisingly true. For all their faults the ones I've worked with who aren't just day laborers actually take pride in their work and skills.

Have you ever heard of the Hippie movement faggot? A fucking decade long cry fest.

It's called a home inspection. Sorry you're too retarded to pay a $100 inspection fee to protect your $100,00+ investment. This is what you deserve.

You cant xray the house you nigger

A lot of these houses that you say these boomers are allegedly letting go to shit, were buiilt from the ground up by the original owners. You're crying because you have to do a little work to it? Deal with it, it's better than starting from the ground up... Which most of these people did back in the day because all the housing that you see up today didn't even exist back then

>>Surprisingly true. For all their faults the ones I've worked with who aren't just day laborers actually take pride in their work and skills.

Because alot of them know they aren't here legally, So they are going to bust their ass to make the $8 / hour and not step on anyones toes. I have legit never had issues with mexicans. It's been niggers, Karens, and Suburban white dads.

Bitches about cost of permits and licenses. Bitches about people doing shit themselves to avoid costs of permits and licenses. Mad that he got ripped by real estate agent who "overlooked" house wasn't up to code.

Spics would have took better care of it. Sounds like you bought a niggerhole because you didnt inspect it. you get what you deserve.

Lol no. Mexicans destroy houses. Try buying a house in Southern California that hasn't been destroyed by immigrants and their remodels

This is stuff that inspectors can't find unless they rip up floors and knock through walls. That's the ultimate catch with inspectors. You can get the best in the business but they can only go by what they can actually see. As this guy said. >buiilt from the ground up by the original owners
No they fucking weren't. They were the first of the suburb developed houses on the outskirts of town in the 60's. The supports, foundation, and things of that nature are fine. The problem with this place is the nigger way they decided to handle any improvement.

"Professional" inspection is a fucking joke. Scam artist job. If it wasn't you'd have some liability for all the shit they "miss" thanks to kickbacks from realitors

I'm not licensed but I know shit from working with electricians and plumbers.

My house is in a development from the early 90s. I'm the 2nd owner (11 years now). The original homebuilder cut so many fucking corners in my house, it's ridiculous.

I'm doing small renovations here and there, fixing their shit up, and getting the new stuff inspected. It's a pain in the ass. Inspections failed on existing shit I didn't even touch as a part of the project.

The builder is still around, but I can't even manage to get copies of the blueprints for my specific model. No one seems to have them on file anywhere. Best I've been able to do is redraft it based on measurements and tax records for floorplans.

Ahhh the joys of owning your first home. Build your own first home and in 50 years someone will buy it and probably make a thread on Sup Forums about the stupid shit that you did to it.

facts are whites are targeted more by police retard
gonna cry?

What part of inspectors couldn't have found this shit in OP's home. As they don't have X-ray vision don't you understand nigger?

user what kind of electrical work will have to be done to bring the house to 2020 standards

I was able to get the original drawings from the city. They're as vague as fuck. I'm actually talking with a friend of a friend to do a full CAD model for me in exchange for some furniture I build.

Have you gone to the city to try to get them?

Solved that by having a friend who's a home inspector. Despite what the realtors told us, he was my guy for the two homes we offered on.

We fired a realtor who was arguing with us on the first inspection report. The owner had removed all the load bearing walls to open up a kitchen, dining room and living room into one big space. The reno work was beautiful, but throw a flashlight up and you could see the ceiling was sagging.

Her argument was to continue with the purchase and allow the owner to get a civil engineer to come in and assess the situation. We saw it as our out on the bid, took it, and fired her ass after a year of looking.

The new realtor found us our current home in less than a month. Passed inspection (same inspector) with a few minor things the owners fixed, and we were off to the races.

ok

What a pussy... Cry some more about work done years ago, probably all they could afford. Keep complaining about your house while people are broke, homeless, and starving. Consider yourself lucky you have what you have, fix the shit, and move on. Ass....

I'll have to try again at some point. IIRC they were still on paper at that point and the city was having a hard time searching for them, but they were in the process of digitizing their records.

they use bore scopes, sonar, em, all sorts of shit that would have clued OP into many of his issues.
the sad part is that it won't be uncommon at all to fond that type of shit in homes built in that time.
my house (my parents were 2nd owners 3 years after it was built. first owners didn't do anything to the house but finish part of the basement) was built in such a was that would confuse you if you dug into it.
the wiring is a mix of copper and aluminum for one. but if you tear into a wall anywhere in the house you're likely to find garbage tossed in there.

but yeah, boomers are weird. my mom had a wall torn out because she felt the kitchen was too small. the reason the kitchen was too small was because it had a kitchen table stuffed in there. a few feet away through a door was the dining room.....which also had a dining room table.
the solution was tearing out the wall and making one huge kitchen with only 1 table....
heh.

Fuck tons of aluminum wiring. The breaker box is brand spanking new. I'm betting the last owner had to have replaced it but who the fuck knows and I haven't researched the box yet to determine it's decade.

The one my electrician told me I need to worry about is the chance they didn't insulate the wiring from the gas lines or water lines.

cool story bro

no
they just have pride in their actual work
faggot

Actual projecting tard

>implying

>The owner had removed all the load bearing walls to open up a kitchen
A lot of house I went into had that kind of open concept. A couple of them I was convinced did the same thing and just walked away.

This house I'm wanting to open it up but there is a LBW right in the middle of the house.

Attached: CommunistProp.jpg (1024x662, 200K)

Attached: 1547061789001m.jpg (305x1024, 58K)

>>Best I could afford
fuck those boomers making you work at McDonalds

>Fuck tons of aluminum wiring
kek
a home rewire is like $30k or some stupid shit to get done. hope it's not as ducked as I bet it will be

Get an estimate on how much new wiring would cost?

My guy is quoting me $10k. As it seems the retard who did it only used aluminum in the ktichen but copper everywhere else. Guessing when they upgraded the kitchen at some point it got replaced but everything else stayed the same.

eh. maybe.
my house was built in 72 and it was built with both aluminum and copper wiring. it seems like professional builders did their own shit so who knows.

the aluminum wiring itself is fine (if the condition in the boxes is good) as long as you use shit rated for CU/AL, switches, outlets, other fixtures. odds are the wiring in your boxes is not great and obviously a rewire is best

If you buy a home made it don't know how to do any work on the home then you'd better make a good amount of money. If you don't, complaining accomomishes nothing. Go online, look up building codes and do your own shit the right way. Otherwise, pay someone. Either way stfu about it.

Attached: 294E1217-70A4-4BA8-B2C0-24A6A51C079C.jpg (260x194, 10K)

100% Agree.

FUCK BOOMERS. SHIT PEOPLE. MORONS.

If the house was built in 68 did you check for asbestos (plaster, fire coatings, insulation, flooring, caulking, etc.) and lead paint before doing all that work?

I bet you it will catch fire any day now. It’s pure luck it hasn’t caught fire . . . (checks notes) in the last 50 years.

You can probably claim on the title insurance. These are things they claimed were up to code but weren't.

Asbestos test came back negative. The inspector was very through on that one.

That's why I'm having to put a lot of my first years budget towards electrical upgrades. The newspaper stuffed in the walls I was not prepared for or understood. A contractor explained to me it was easy insulation and shimming to use back then.

It's your title now. Not the former owners problem. Your problem to fix. The best you can do is sue the former owners but good luck proving if they were ones who did it. Or even more difficult proving they knew about the issues.

>fake wood paneling
>polystyrene "insulation"
>more fake wood paneling
>no-insulation
born on the cusp of Gen-X and millenials
>no room to roam
>my hatred knows no bounds

Thats true if you didn't buy any insurance. We got $10,000 because a tiny corner of our lot was legally a part of the common ground instead of actually our property as was marked up on the purchase of the home.

Its worth looking into anyway, you wouldn't have to sue anybody. Just look into who wrote the title for the property, what was said to be true, and you might be able to get your lender to claim a bit of money since your home was devalued.

Also I dont know why I typed all that because Im pretty sure OP is a copypasta

>fake wood paneling
Why was that shit so fucking popular back then? I mean I have no doubt that some design choices we make in this decade are going to be cringed at by the next generations. Yet fake shitty wood paneling is the just the epitome of what the fuck were you people thinking?

That's a surveying mistake built into the title. Makes sense you guys got money back on it. If there is nothing wrong with the title you get what you get. If I could claim the house is 100 sq ft smaller than on the title. Yeah maybe but you buy what you buy.

Yeah not every greentext you see if copypasta m8.

>buying a home in the shitburbs
>living where zoning laws are a thing
You deserve it. Enjoy having old women tell you when and how to mow your lawn you cuck.

Living in your moms basement isn't any better soyboy.

>Then again boomers aren't known for doing anything right.

They sure fucked up when they had a dumbfuck like you. Look up caveat emptor. Entitled lil finger-pointing millennial snowflake.

And the generations "of recent memory" would be...?
Also, didn't you forget to put a "literally" in there somewhere?

That's different. That's doing "good enough" for themselves. When it comes to doing work for others, they want it to be good. It's pride. Different teams (subcontractors) of Mexicans worked on several components of our house. It's all astonishingly great work.

Okay boomer. Go back to bed you geriatric fuck.

Says the kid who never owned a home, and almost certainly doesn't live in California.

Mom's basement doesn't have a HOA so I can watch tv loud as I want so fuck you.

This thread is a lot of people who have never had a house. Or are really butt hurt boomers that someone is calling them on their shitty behavior over the years.

Think I'll stay up, roll a joint with a club paper, smoke it, and read a book instead. Most of which its probably foreign to you.

Maybe I'll enjoy my vinyl. Tough to decide. Enjoy your new house! "Alexa, wipe my ass for me!"

Attached: DaBaby-aka-Baby-Jesus-Intro.jpg (979x623, 40K)

Spics living in this faggot's tiny brain rent-free.

How would the shitty behavior being called out by this finger-pointing generation leave a boomer butt-hurt?
That makes no sense.

The shittiest behavior most boomers may be guilty of is allowing politicians to dumb down education and make it so difficult to attain at that.

Boomers' parents gave us "duck and cover" (and nuclear nightmares) but face it, Xers and millennials gave themselves live shooter drills.

It sucks, but to blame boomers for how sorry the world is shows a very limited awareness of the 20th century.

Also, every young generation thinks the one before it was all assholes...

You're gonna dismiss an entire generation because you bought a house that some idiot fucked up?
Huh.

FTW

asbestos test on what, that shit can be everywhere from plastered walls to vent systems, literally any insulation and even in the old vinyl tiles. Get everything checked or wear a full body coverall with a proper mask as a precaution. NEVER remove or even touch fibrous pipe wrap by yourself. If you absolutely have to remove something suspicious spray it with some water to prevent dust from going airborne.

Yeah try my fucking moron parents I live in a 300 year old crack house in the woods with no upgrades. God I hope my parents fucking BURN

I am in 100% agreement with you.
Bureaucracy is a problem. And boomers weren't equipped to do their own work.
But the boomers don't care, they're riding it out on their inheritance and inflated housing market thanks to cool bureaucracies and unlimited unskilled brown immigration.

You do know that mesotheoma is caused by daily inhalation of asbestos while working in factories with little visibility due to the air being thick with asbestos fibers right?
You do know that asbestos is just a family of minerals that are literally in the air naturally right?
Kids think fiberglass is fine, but it's doing the exact same thing to you that asbestos is.
If you do not work professionally and industrially with asbestos there is literally nothing to fear about tearing it out a handful of times in your life.
Getting it tested puts a massive burden and cost on you. Only a retard would get it tested.

Instead, why not move out of the 300 year old house (predating boomers AND crack, as it turns out), rent your own apartment (or chip in with real-world friends) and enjoy telling your speaker to turn in the lights for ya.

You're so damned angry at your own helplessness, and you want your parents to burn? Upgrades...

Wotta dope.

>asbestos test on what
You make it sound like pros don't know what they're doing. I had my old house demolished - had to have it tested for A to allow it. Fucker was *everywhere*. And found some in basement floor tile, a concrete sink, seal around a vent pipe int the roof. Believe me... they're thorough, like they get paid for each discovery.

>But the boomers don't care, they're riding it out on their inheritance and inflated housing market thanks to cool bureaucracies and unlimited unskilled brown immigration.

Actually, boomers will constitute the greatest segment of homeless of they don't already. You slip when you're 30, even 40, you can get back on your feet. It ain't easy, but you can do it. Try coming back from the street at 60 or 70.

Boomers get way too much credit and way too much blame.

you don't have to get everything lab tested, but its always good to take reasonable precautions, same with flakey lead paint on walls, you don't want that shit in your body.

Im on my second century home and its not much more effort to protect yourself. if your guy was paid per discovery, its a miracle he found none on a 60s house, either way, good luck with the progress user, I understand what a bitch of a job an old home can be, near every 50s or older home I have every worked on myself or at my job had to be torn to studs.

Are you trying to say that because some Boomers didn't have an inheritance and land a job they were unqualified for that paid far over their worth, that none did?

>you don't want that shit in your body.
I don't know what to tell you, but you're getting it into your body every day.

>near every 50s or older home I have every worked on myself or at my job had to be torn to studs.
I agree, If I ever buy a house older than 1970, I will do it fully expecting to need to redo all electrical.
If I buy a house made after 2010, I will do it fully expecting to need to redo all the supply plumbing.

70's-90's PVC waste plumbed homes are becoming a problem seemingly. I've had to do a lot of tearing into walls to repair joints that gave up, and pipes that randomly split. PVC is heavy, brittle garbage. I can't believe some places banned ABS. I'd rather have an incompetent plumber leave bellies in my lines than have pipes exploding in the walls.