Are there any serious negative consequences for long-term use of weed??

Are there any serious negative consequences for long-term use of weed??

Also nude female smokers

Attached: 9160188.jpg (1280x960, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 90b47269c3840e1884f7def6c8d99c7f.jpg (474x711, 52K)

Makes you dumb and slower

So does aging naturally what's your point?

THIS IS A BOT THREAD. THERE WERE TWO THREADS ABOUT LONG-TERM CANNABIS USE POSTED WITHIN SECONDS OF EACH OTHER. DON'T POST HERE.

THIS IS A CAPS LOCK BOT. THEY JUST POSTED IN ALL CAPS IN THE LIA THREAD TELLING PEOPLE NOT TO POST THERE EITHER

Attached: images.png (246x205, 5K)

Why would a bot make a thread about this?

Yeah that's both me. Hang on let me try to delete the other.

captcha's being a bitch

I've been a regular smoker for about 2 years, would definitely say its addicting. Can make you forgetful, and dumber. I've also found a loss of interest in a lot of things, and a loss of general motivation.

Yea, that's still a negative there guy. That's like saying meth makes your teeth fall out and you respond sO doEs AgiNg NaTurAlLy.

I've been smoking cannabis every day for the past ten years. When I say cannabis I don't mean lol ten sack I mean I have been vaping hash oil concentrate for ten years. The kids called them skillet hits once, then we stayed calling it dabbing (unrelated to the dance move) and now I don't know what the hell kids call it, just smoking or vaping or whatever.

Anyways my point was that if a decade of daily consumption of highly concentrated THC hasn't had any long term effects on me up to this point.. I'm probably fine

When you get older finding it is a bitch. After 28, if you're white, it's basically impossible to find if you're not in a legal state. Then when you do find it, the kid or cuck selling it either charges too much or it's shit. Same thing either way I guess. So yeah, enjoy it as much as you can, while you can. I'm past my hay days and I'd love to go back to when I was in my late teens/early 20s doing all the drugs. Closest I get now is a few beers, some ibuprofen and an antacid. Yay.

There is if you smoke heavily. It can turn people irritable, make them lose motivation, impairs memory, causes clouded and sluggish thoughts, can lead to apathy and inability to feel pleasure unless you're high. I've seen this happen to some of my friends who smoke heavily. It's basically like giving yourself depression.

It's like drinking. If someone could drunk everyday you would have no problem calling them an alcoholic. Same with weed. My advice would be to keep it to once or twice a week at the most. You should be fine then.

Can find articles/interviews of long time smokers from pre 90's to now, smoking almost daily and they're pretty much fine. No noticable medical issues after running tests, but since it's not an exact medical study that would be published in journal , take it with a grain of salt. So far studies show weed should not be smoked daily at a young age, but smoking daily/often once fully developed isn't showing many long term symptoms.

smoke weed everyday 420 faggot

Are you not American? What state are you in that it isn't at least medical or adjacent to a medical/rec state? Do you live on the moon, user? Sorry for your troubles I guess.. but I know people have been getting weed in the mail in ghey states since forever

>once or twice a week
That's some pussy shit right there my dude, weed doesn't make me irritable reeeeee

If you're old and rely on kods for weed you're a useless cuck.

It means you went from being the same age as others growing and distributing weed, but being below them, to still being dependent at twice their age.

You're a failure.

>fter 28, if you're white, it's basically impossible to find if you're not in a legal state.

Attached: George.gif (264x264, 1.37M)

When you say heavily,how often are we talking and how much?Im not OP btw , I just wanted to know if weed has any negative long term side effects.

It's all good bro. I'm in the deep South, where they refuse to believe in evolution but think Earth is only a few thousand years old. I used to get good stuff, but then I got fucked over by my dude and it's been dry af ever since. I'd get it in the mail, but the roommate is afraid of cops busting in and raping us to death over an eighth of weed. Fingers crossed they legalize and tax it nationally to pay for WWIII!

You're voluntarily mentally impairing yourself for the sake of fleeting enjoyment. Why not live in the here and now and actually remember more of your life, I promise it isn't really that long. I went from smoking heavily to giving it up. Now I dream every night and I actually remember what happens during music festivals and times with friends.

Burn out is real. You can get to the point where you smoke so much you don"t even get high anymore. Frequent daily use will get you there and then it's no fun anymore. Will also make you forgetful and slow over time.

I'm not saying everyone will have similar effects but I think you should give it up for 3 months and see if you actually even liked it to begin with. For me I started somewhat young, so by the time i quit I realized I didn't even realize I had been living impaired for so long.

Gives you the stupid. You get dependent on it. And when you can't afford it or get cut off from it you will seriously think about killing yourself.

Ahh the good ol south well there it is user. Hopefully they legalize one day, but be careful that 20%+ tax rate is no joke on top of state and other local fuck you tax

>I realized I didn't even realize

and now that im actually older and my memory/ cognitive abilities are starting to do shit like above I can promise you would appreciate the extra brain power

... but aging naturally will cause your teeth to fall out

Makes you fucking boring to hang out with

This is a question bot

I'm talking getting high every day, pretty much. You don't want your "normal" state to be you while high.

As for long-term side effects, it depends what you mean. Hallucinogenics affect people differently. I've met some burnt-out stoners who can barely string together coherent thoughts and it is pretty sad to see. Honestly though, for most people if they abstain for a year they will almost certainly go back to their normal baseline provided they didn't fry their brains with the stuff.

I think the risk comes in the opportunity cost of smoking weed heavily. I say this as someone who used to smoke quite heavily -- it's mostly a waste of time. If you use it to bond with others that's great, if you can use it to inspire your creative endeavors that's great, but for most people it is just an expensive form of escapism that makes it easy to get stuck where you are in life. Use it as a way to wind down after a particularly stressful night or if you feel like playing guitar or something, but don't let it become a routine.

Your lungs are not designed to breathe in smoke. Especially hot smoke. You are definitely doing damage to your lungs long term smoking. Cancer? Probably not. Lots of studies show its not like. But emphysema and COPD are real possibilities. Proven possibilities. There people who smoke cigarettes and get lung cancer and there sooner who don't. The gamble is yours. Do you feel lucky?

Had a friend who's been stoned 24/7 since grade 8. He's a geography teacher now. The guy looks like a burn out. In university, I threw a foot ball at him and he didn't even react until the ball bounced off him and stopped rolling. So, yeah pot has had a lasting effect, but he did become a teacher.

Do you live in sobriety? What have you accomplished with all of that mental power and speed?

Source on this reputable study pls

Sucks here in Australia. Weed is easier to police than meth. Weed has almost dried out in my town, dealers I did know say yeah they got stuff, then when you go round they have nothing but meth. Feelsbadman

Kek becoming a teacher is as much of an achievement as becoming a jannie on a msg board

Such a waste of quads with a loser like you.

I vape weed now. It doesn't smell and no one has to see it.

captch is being a slut bitch ass nigger faggot.

Attached: source.gif (250x400, 269K)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/

Wow fag nice anecdotal evidence. So valuable

Attached: flip-2.png (780x585, 468K)

Wow, you're more of a useless piece of shit than I thought...how old are you, speaking from a "when you turn 28" point of view and still living with roomates? You're just a loser that can't even get mild drugs. KYS already.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/

Depends how you are taking it. If you're smoking joints or pipes, think how much resin sticks to roaches and pipes lol. Also I'm fairly sure joints are worse than cigarettes in the sense they're hotter so burn more throat cells and the more cells regrow the more likely they are to be cancerous. Also you don't sleep properly on it (you don't go into a certain stage of sleep, hence why you don't dream if stoned). I smoked for ten years daily. Gave up half a year ago and I still can't get over how much better my sleep feels.

Anyway, everyone has something unhealthy they do. Smoking cigarettes, eating badly, drinking. If you're that concerned try using edibles or vaping it instead.

"The acute effects of cannabis use are evident in attentional and information processing abilities with recovery of these functions likely after a month or more of abstinence. Decision-making and risk-taking problems aren’t necessarily evident immediately after smoking; however, if cannabis use is heavy and chronic, impairments may emerge that do not remit with abstinence, particularly if heavy use was initiated in adolescence such that maturation of executive functions was not achieved. Acute cannabis use impairs inhibition and promotes impulsivity, and over a period of abstinence, these deficits are most evident in tasks that require concept formation, planning and sequencing abilities. Working memory is significantly impaired following acute exposure to cannabis; however, these deficits resolve with sustained abstinence. Evidence is less clear in regards to verbal fluency abilities; however, research suggests that chronic, heavy use may impact verbal fluency abilities even after long-term abstinence"

>dreams when sleeping
>remember mundane daily minutia

Yeah, no, I'd rather get high.

Attached: 1qhkt2.jpg (645x370, 20K)

I quit smoking cigarettes 5 weeks ago, also I have been dry vaping weed since then.

Won't let me post without an image.

Attached: 1577927943464.jpg (640x920, 66K)

>t. young man

You'll feel differently eventually, or maybe you can just smoke weed till you die.

>X makes life worse
>"but life eventually gets worse by itself"
>Yea but lets make it worse sooner and more pronounced

What are you, a nihilist?

increased risk of psychosis if you're genetically predisposed to it

also, check wikipedia for more on "Long-term effects of cannabis"

What if I were to tell you that not everything your teachers told you in school was true?

Edit: I mentioned my scholarship to show that there are no adverse cognitive or motivational effects.

This could’ve been my exact reply.

I've always been told that only good things can come from smoking

Attached: IMG_20200103_122457.jpg (2571x2566, 1.33M)

You do get more sluggish. Im a heavy daily user and started to notice when I drop something, I dont try to ninja-catch it anymore. 2+ years ago I would always instantly grab whatever waa going to the ground. My reflex was really good. This example made me wary of how I changed.

I started using as an alternative from heavy daily alcohol. Now I do both. For many weed gives you the munchies which is a real problem if healthy foods in normal portions are a challenge weed and weight-loss? Forget about it.

It will make you dumber much more quickly than age will.

While we are on the subject does Kratom make you as retarded as weed?

I mean both make you dumb but which makes you more dumb?

Since I started with daily weed, I got much more trouble with writing. Words start to become unfamiliar, including spelling. As an online writer, this was an issue.

long term abusive of a plant that has a stimulant and opioid that hasn't been tested for the effects of long term use? idk bro just huff some jenkem
much safer.

why are your balls so small

is it non sequitur day already? or are you so high you missed the point?
let me make it more clear for you, since you cant seem to follow the logic.

>Slamming your dick in a car door will make it not work.
>"But your dick will stop working with age anyway"
therefore... what? Slamming your dick in a car door isn't so bad? Are you fucking stupid? Genuinely asking.

They were cut off from a proper blood supply for almost a year

Attached: IMG_20200103_092112.jpg (2587x3233, 1.41M)

honestly its dependent on the person. I know people who smoke daily and they function fine. When it comes to me i smoke daily and sometimes all day if im off. It does make you very forgetful depending on how you again are as a person. I over analyze everything which is what i believe makes me so forgetful. I also can't think of things on the spot anymore. Like making a joke between a friend that which i had a moment with is hard if im not the one to hear it. I also have a very insensitive perspective on general things and life. Every drug you take will have effects on you with enough time. It depends on what your circle of people are, the atmosphere around you and how you are as a person. Honestly you could be the person to have your head right and end up applying the effects of weed on a profession or hobby. dont be surprised if this substance know to alter your brain doesn't leave some sort of long term effect on you with enough use. think about caffeine. People get headaches from it if they go on to long without it. they become more grumpy and tired.

of course there is. too much of it fucks your brain ya dopey cunt.
Which of course all the weedfags will vehemently deny because they can't see how fucked their own brains are.

tbh i feel as if people who smoke weed are ok with thinking less. cause someone who thinks to much finds the negative effects of it.

Yeah, being conditioned to the point where your mid to higher level brain functions can't work effectively without weed. I remember reading a scientific study where students were asked to study for a few hours and take a test with or without smoking weed.

Those who didn't smoke while studying and taking the test did well

Those who smoked while studying and taking the test also did well (slightly better even)

Those who didn't smoke when studying but did during the test did horrible

Those who smoked while studying but didn't while taking the test did the worst out of all groups

Weed has it's benefits and negatives but if you're gonna be on it all the time, don't expect to be anywhere close to functional if you get cut off.

Okay, so, as long as I have plenty of weed at hand I should be okay?

Won't let me post with out a pic

Attached: 1578121213541.jpg (537x747, 60K)

Words of wisdom. I need to heed this advice myself.

>for most people it is just an expensive form of escapism
Weed isn't that expensive. I can easily blow $200 a month on this habit.

Attached: 1408924178603.jpg (804x720, 195K)

You idiot you can't delete anything on Sup Forums.
This is the best answer. It just saps away your ambition to improve your life. I personally feel mentally clouded for about a week after if I smoke.

Fuck off skeleton. I don't trust you. Get your spoopy ass on out of here.

"isn't that expensive" and "expensive" are in relation to something else, that is "worthwhile" or "standard". I take it, you are saying "it's not that expensive because it's such a small amount of my money" and he is saying "it's expensive because it takes much more money than other forms of escapism". You two agree, but you're using different vocabulary.

Came here for some hot nudes and got a wall of text instead. On an imageboard. You guys upset me so much sometimes.

I was a smoker in my late teens and early 20s and I think it brought out my anxiety which I am only getting under control now I am approaching 40. Not saying weed caused it but I think it made it worse. I have 2 friends that still smoke every day, and they are the only 2 in our group that didn't marry. Weed seems to be the most important thing in their lives. One is a hermit that used to be the life of any party, but now won't come out as he just bongs and plays computer games. The other is another hermit that is extremely irritable, who only comes out when he falls out with his dealer and needs to source from a friend. Both good guys completely fucked by weed. I don't mind a smoke at the weekend but daily use will turn you into a useless grumpy cunt.