Millenials and tumblr aside, Is the 3rd harry potter the best...

millenials and tumblr aside, Is the 3rd harry potter the best? Seems be the the last one before they got grimdark and edgy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d_TEgz2dzKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What the fuck are you talking about? PoA WAS grimdark and edgy. It basically started the series' grimdark phase.

John Williams still scored it, so it had a little holdover. If we're judging the non-dark films 2 is much better than 1

It's a good balance of childish fun and darker tones.

All of them suck, whether they're edgy or not. Harry Potter has been one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Always chamber of secrets for darkness, Ron and lavenders episode 5 is the best and then 6 and 7a&b are just a cis white male circle jerk badly filmed and no fun

PoA>HBP>DH>rest

1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7

>millenials and tumblr aside
You mean the only fanbase for this libcuck series?

The series went to shit once Voldemort became an extant threat rather than one looming in the background.

>"No!"

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a little girl as you once again copypaste your little Harry Potter pasta and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" tier list, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a YA movie. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic HPfag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "DULLEST DULLEST DULLEST" You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...

I personally like it the best because it's one of the best books but objectively speaking the film is probably the second worst.

"No!"

The Tim travel in the movie was retarded

>Is the 3rd harry potter the best?

No. Chamber of Secrets is the best HP.

The people who think Prisoner is the best -- likely because it's so dark -- are of the same breed of people who think Revenge of the Sith is the best prequel.

Terrible.

Reminder the closing shot is good, only memers disagree.

No it isn't

No!

Why do you think it's not good?

As a movie it could be one of the better ones, but not the best. But I will always have a hard time with it because it was the first that really started straying from the books. Eleven year old me was insanely disappointed when they had normie clothes instead of robes.

The context of the film in which it takes place is really sudden and jarring. I literally burst into laughter when I saw it in the theater.
youtube.com/watch?v=d_TEgz2dzKI

>Moves scene from the middle of the story to the ending for no reason

it's good because it's the only one that doesn't rely on the voldemort plot

>Time paradox

No. Of course not.

This is actually true, it's more about Harry's parents, Sirius, and a bunch of other LORE stuff rather than Voldemort doing evil things.

Goblet was also pretty good for similar reasons, although the end of it signaled the downward spiral of the series.

I agree it's rather jarring, but I rather like the inversion of the dementor face-sucking.
Having watched that, I laughed as well though. I haven't watched it in years, so I was appreciating the still rather tan the context.

This

If I ever meet you in real life I'll snap you in half like a chocolate-chip cookie.
Go ahead and reply, doing so only proves my point that you are a bleating fool, laughing behind your screen, flapping these adipous cheeks of yours while your wawa chocolate milk drips all overy your XXXL t-shirt. Do you have any idea of how long you have been there, sitting on this same chair that because of some unknown miracle managed to withstand your massive weight? You have been there for weeks, months, locked up in your room that smells like Doritos and Wawa milk.
You are less admirable than an ant. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You might as well just beg to suck my dick and eat my bodily waste, so that maybe an iota of my greatness could pass onto you.

honestly, i rank the third book as the best, and the third movie as one of the worst (i haven't seen 6/7.1/7.2 tho), for sure i consider it really bad, like 3/10.

the third book is probably the first one where harry thoughts become deeper and important.
>friendship with lupin
>problems with his friends
>discoveries of his father stories are really
>his struggle with the patronus
>nightly exploration of the castle and visit to the village

are all badly depicted in the movie.

also i don't get why they had to ruin it even more changing the castle.

but the worst thing was to make everyone go around with normal clothes instead of wizard clothes.

I think people like it because it is from the third book which is the best, and the plot is the same.
but the movie adaptation couldn't go more wrong.

>discoveries of his father stories are really

Really what?

Lupin is the best character in the franchise so yes

Good taste present, Cuaron defenders need to be purged.

...badly depicted in the movie.
i messed up changing from a phrase to a list.
it was from the "are really bad depicted in the movie" before i changed it to a list adding more things.

desu tho, the worst thing in all the movies was how they portraied harry relationship with Sirius, that's why i didn't bothered with 6/7.1/7.2.

3 > 7.1 > 7.2.

The rest is shit

Best HP movie is 4 or 5.

4 > 5 > 7.2 > 6 > 7.1 > 3 > 2 > 1

Best book is 3, 4 and 5. Leaning towards 5.

The first movie AND book are shit. it became a better series when it focused on being for teenagers and not for kids.

>omitted a shit ton of lore
>including the Marauders
It was crap.

I saw your HP book collection after I walked out of your mum's room. Don't ask.

I liked everything up until the last two part movie. That last one was hard to get down. I only saw it once and will never watch it again.

The decision two split it into two movies was awful. Nothing happened in the first movie and they left out so much in the second one.
Harry Potter might be the only franchise where CGI was not used enough.

In general, I was disappointed by how much was left out. Especially the sixth movie was a let-down. I wanted to see young riddle (played by Christian Coulson) so bad. Them leaving out a good chunk of the melodies but still keeping the Lavender Brown B-story I will never understand.