I hate anime, especially Hayao Miyazaki

> I hate anime, especially Hayao Miyazaki

What did he mean by this?

japanfag here, I also don't care for miyazaki

Miyazaki is the most over rated normie shit t b q h

Which is ironic given that he's a self admitted pedophile.

I don't see the irony

he just doesn't give a fuck about anything

That Outrage 3 is inbound

I used to feel the same way, but anime is something special, pham.

This fag is a nihilist, his gonna be hatin on everything.

He's right. It's shameful how the culture of a great country like Japan is now reduced to their anime and videogames. Their modern cinema is non existent.

Miyazaki is such an egocentric hack, Ghibli is Japan's Disney that's all you need to know

>DUDE YAKUZA LMAO

literally every Kitano movie ever

He's probably too dumb to understand anime

[citation needed]

ikr, Sonatine is such a formulaic yakuza movie
not really, dumbass]

Kitano is based

Except the only good movies Ghibli has ever produced has been under the direction of Miyazaki. Face it, japs just don't have that creative spark, but every once in a while a unique jap (miyazaki) will get in control of a project and rise above the rest of the japs. Also happened to that other miyazaki at fromsoft

Full quotation:
>"I hate anime and even though I truly hate, like, Hayao Miyazaki's work, I can recognize how great anime is just by the amount of money it earns. I think you should do things you like, but you also need to be open enough to recognize the things you think you don't."

"anime is great because money"
what a soulless shill

> just by the amount of money it earns
is he retarded?

Nausicaa and The Wind Rises were really good. Takahata is better though.

I read that twice and I still don't understand what his point is.

He actually deconstructed the yakuza movies

Occupations: Comedian, television personality, film director, actor, author, screenwriter, film editor, singer, painter

Hustlers gonna hustle

Japan is pretty open about the purpose of these enterprises. People make movies and anime to make dough, there's no reason to be ashamed of it.

What? He said anime is shit but if you need money make anime because that is where the money is

"used underwear in a snack dispensing machine is great because money"
t. typical jap

When Marnie Was There, Kaguya and Grave of The Fireflies

*stares at trash*

You're not getting these Kitano movies. It's going over your head.

Miyazaki is shit, but then, so is Takeshi Kitano

Kitano has 0 good movies. I haven't watched Miyazaki's works, but perhaps there's at least 1 good work? Then he won.

Only Yesterday and Whisper of the Heart too, Miyazaki is actually the weakest of the Ghibli directors

None of those movies are creative, they are typical anime jap shit with extraordinary animation. No one is praising those movies beyond the animation. Miyazaki was truly a unique story teller.

Wonder how he feels about video games then. Wasn't he in Yakuza 6?

people hate on kitano because the meta aspect of his films goes over their heads

>little girl goes on adventure

TRULY UNIQUE

He is jealous that Miyazaki is more popular than him

Kitano's magnum opus was MXC

the adventure part is unique as hell though

>win takeshis castle after slamming your head on concrete and falling into filthy water for the third time
>CONGURATURATIONS YOU HAVE WON 5000 YEN

Fucking kino

>all the mad Sup Forums faggots still buttblasted because Hayo called them out

>Miyazaki is actually the weakest of the Ghibli directors
You probably mean Goro Miyazaki who is indeed a hack and the shittiest Ghibli guy.
Hayao is the second worst.

>THE ANIME INDUSTRY SICKENS ME BUT DON'T FORGET TO PURCHASE MY GOOD FRIEND HIDEAKI ANNO'S EVANGELION MERCHANDISE

what did he mean by this

most anime that is popular in the west is shit with the exception of miyazaki movies. stuff like akira and ghost in the shell are not good movies. you have to spend time on the manga to even get anything meaningful out of them

based beat taking out the Sup Forumseddit trash

He probably took a big check. These garbage games are so rehashed they cost nothing to make.

>Literally who hating on something

What the fuck, I hate anime now

At least two, probably more. The winner is clear here.

Which ones lad

Test

kys

Kitano's movies are solidly rooted in the dreary reality of being a man.

Miyazaki's work is all escapism mary sue bullshit

Is it that surprising Kitano wouldn't like anime or Miyazaki specifically, but he would respect them for being successful entertainment?

>Kitano has 0 good movies
Can you explain in great detail why the top 10 movies are bad?

no

you posted all involvement, post only ones with director kitano

I'll say Mononoke. If you don't find that one good, no reason to bother with 2nd, son.

>Miyazaki's work
>escapism

what the fuck, they are all about dealing with reality and facing change

Akira and GITS have plenty of meat on them, way fucking more than the average miyazaki movie.

im gonna try and watch, also have kaguya downloaded

based fucking beat

Sup Forums sucks at knowing 90s films. sonatine and kikujiro are solid kino.

people hate them because they are shitty films

Nausicaa and Mononoke are kino

Kiki's Delivery Service and Ocean Waves are comfykino

>Akira
>plenty of meat

Lmao, the manga maybe but not the animated flick and GiTS doesn't have anything extremely meaningful about it that hasn't been explored better by other works.

I am in no way big animefag, but I like a few films.
Mononoke is one of them. Other people may recommend differently.

alright, looks like anime's back on the menu boys

> GiTS doesn't have anything extremely meaningful about it that hasn't been explored better by other works.
>other works
like which ones for example?

>Kitano's movies are solidly rooted in the dreary reality of being a man.
there's nothing dreary about living in the 2nd wealthiest country and lowest crime rate in the world. kitano's movies are just as much escapism and fantasy as any anime

>anime is bad
>movie that glorify criminals are ok

How are his 90s yakuza films escapist in any way? They all end in his self-insert character dying and being miserable long before they die. I see them as being incredibly personal movies

He's right. Miyazaki is normie-bait trash. He has maybe one good movie in his entire career and yet the west sucks his dick because Disney shills like crazy for him.

>GiTS doesn't have anything extremely meaningful about it that hasn't been explored better by other works.
Before it?
After it sure: there is "Innocence"

>violence can't be used as escapist fantasy
>suffering can't be used as escapist fantasy
nigger it's like you're so young that you haven't even gone through your edgy 15 y. o. phase

>if you live in a decent country, it means you can never feel dreary

I wish underage retards can be banned instantly.

I don't see a middle aged man who attempted to kill himself after making a film about losing all reasons to keep living as going through an edgy phase.

No, just mid-life crisis.
Wow, art.

Unironically I like his work. The world he creates in his movies just feel rich and alive. But then again, I am no big anime fan and I get the feeling the otakus/weebs are the ones hating him.

>Miyazaki is shit
>Haven't watched his work

This is literally Sup Forums in a nutshell. The other side of this being a bunch of retarded contrarians dislike anything that's even remotely popular.

Have you seen either of the Outrage movies? They are less about crime and more about the crushing force of obligation and responsibility.

>people thinking that is only escapism if it has a happy ending

Lol

I haven't watched Fast and Furious movies except Tokyo Drift, but I know they are all shit (except tokyo drift once again)

That's a fact, also my taste and opinion is better than your taste and opinion.

he said he hates anime but it obviously has some value to someone since people spend so much money on it
I don't know why they would ask an old man what he thinks about anime in the first place, also a thinly veiled reference to the fact that kitano is porpousefully starring in schlock (gits is an anime adaptation, he also claims to hate videogames and starred in yakuza 6) and has been doing so for years

>I haven't watched Fast and Furious movies except Tokyo Drift

But you have watched Tokyo Drift which is a FF movie. That is how you probably got your opinion. And comparing those movies with Miyazaki is like comparing apples to oranges.

Now that's what I call autism!

Anime isn't some new thing

based

Not to mention he hates video games but he helped to develop Takeshi's Challenge.

He's not a hypocrite or a hack, he just knows where the money is.

>He doesn't know that F&F is best watched in the order of 1, 4, 5, 6, 3, 7, 8.

Four and Six are skippable but do have some pretty important moments. Regardless, you should give the series a chance, it's really good.

Gonna need a sauce on that

Based beat boy

>He's probably too dumb to understand anime
Wew, you weebs are hilariously delusional. Anime is shallow shit for manchildren, Kitano is far smarter than you.

He was obviously making commentary/shitposting with Takeshi's Challenge though

I know you're just being flippant, but I really see them as something deeper than a mid-life crisis. Kitano was just a comedian and actor before he started to direct, and immediately went to these extremely dark, pessimistic crime movies. None of them register as escapist genre fare to me. The violence in them always seems to reflect a deeper emotional problem in the character and himself

Violent Cop is a Dirty Harry deconstruction that paints the protagonist as a monster. He took over direction after the first guy dropped out, but it's a theme he clearly takes to heart
Boiling Point is an elaborate practical joke on the audience for expecting a violent power fantasy (similar to the aim of Takeshi's Castle or his video game).
Sonatine is the bleakest, a movie about a man who forgets that he's dead inside for just a moment before losing it again.
Then he tries to kill himself, and a few years later ostensibly remakes Sonatine as Hana-bi. Similar story structure but hugely different results. It ends in suicide as well, but somehow comes out feeling more hopeful and more at peace with the prospect than before. The parallel story with the disabled cop is even semi-autobiographical

He never touched on those kinds of movies again after. It's like watching self-therapy on film.

>saying this while posting the picture of a retard

Appropriate

Fast Five is a really solid afternoon drinking movie

Jew detected.

The Akira movie is definitely style over substance. The manga too, really. I read the whole thing and didn't get much from it.
The first GitS movie combines style and substance. The relationship between the conscious mind and the body, and how the conscious mind is affected by the needs and nature of the body, is very complex. GitS contributes a novel perspective and new ideas in an enjoyable format. Berserk deals with the same themes in its golden age arc.

I don't know what anime Kitano is targeting here, is it the waifubait slice of life moeshit that makes money hand over fist? Or does he have trouble with the art form for some reason

>Hack director
Who fucking cares

He started hating videogames precisely due to his experience with takeshi's challenge
in his final real movie, glory to the filmmaker, he carried around a puppet of himself and complained that the producers only wanted him to make tear jerkers and soulless yakuza flicks. After that he made a tear jerker (to the point of self parody at times) and soulless yakuza flicks. Now he's going around saying that he hates anime while starring in anime adaptations, and that he hates videogames while starring in videogames.
He has made comments in the past about committing a career suicide instead of attempting an actual one like kurosawa did, his first attempt at that was getting any (which ironically is a lot better than his modern production), this ocean of shit is likely his second attempt.
You have to remember that Kitano used to be extremely mainstream at one point, so the fact that nobody picked up on this and that ""movie critics"" still praised Outrage without even watching it or contextualizing it just because Kitano (which they likely never watched in the first place, they just know they are supposed to like him because of hana bi) directed it, is a testament to how fucking retarded and useless the whole movie critic community really is, and I'm sure he's laughing all the way to the bank

Sure, the game itself was a sarcastic, sensationalist commentary on 1980s Japan.

But he still got paid didn't he?

Sure, he's a success ironically.

He played those ill informed producers like a fiddle.

This is nothing new, but it doesn't detract from his early work that got him on that lofty pedestal to begin with.

He was great. Then he turned into a money hungry troll.

Doesn't mean he wasn't great at one point.

>The relationship between the conscious mind and the body, and how the conscious mind is affected by the needs and nature of the body, is very complex

Just read some philosophy books and some cognitive psychology textbooks

>whole thread start and continue with some bullshit quote without any source and a picture

didn't browse Sup Forums for 2 months and turn out it is still the same shit