Why can't they create clear chances for shit these days?

Why can't they create clear chances for shit these days?

other than messi they dont have any real creators, since coutinho cant play and dembele isnt quite fit

plus when the entire team camp the area it makes it more difficult

But the same shit happens in La Liga
They had a few chances to shoot tonight and just didn't

they have 2 players that can dribble, messi and suarez, that's why

they need another forward, dembele needs to step up the plate

Valverde is the most defensive manager they've had in the Messi era.

Suarez wasn't up to much this game 2bh

No xavi, no neymar, iniesta is old, rakitic decayed

They rely on messi, busquets, paulinho and an old iniesta(who was never specially good at it) now. Suarez can do it, but he plays too forward

All of their players have a really good pass though, their defenders are the reason they are the best team in the world at retaining possession, really technical players.

Creating chances require a different skill. See Paulinho, who has awful pass, but is good at creating. Xavi had it better than Iniesta.

The only ways they can score are on Messi individual skills, Jordi Alba infiltrating the defense and individual errors from the opposition. Bringing Coutinho and Yerry Mina allow them two new win conditions: blooters and headers.

I think he played well

this, the whole post. I wish coutinho tries some of his out of the box shots more often. barcelona looks incredibly disconnected, because the central midfielders are more defensive than attacking midfield (rakitic and busquets). The wingers are an out of date iniesta who can't run, and paulinho, who isn't really a good winger, but a good attacking central midfielder. The only connection to the box is messi (suarez just stands in front), which is why he hasn't had a lot of goals.

Dembelel, despite his shitty form, would be an incredible winger because of his counter attacking speed. Alba is goat full back who can actually defend, unlike marcelo. The defense is incredibly solid.

Coutinho moves a lot like messi so he should be in the central midfield, along with rakitic/busquets. iniesta/alba combination is fine, and the other wing should be dembelel.

Coasting

It's the personnel. Plus some misguided management really. They've taken the best striker of all time and moved him further away from the goal each year. Paulinho, Rakitic have no business in this squad.
Recent signings are a step in the right direction. Next season onwards we'll see a much better team
Stegen
Semedo Pique Umtiti Alba
Arthur Busquets Coutinho
Messi Suarez Dembele

Iniesta Vidal Roberto Yerry from bench

Rakitic is good m8

His time is up now. Had a role when Barca had Neymar.

Fuck, this sounds so good on paper
I've been shilling Arthur since his debut in Brazil, the boy is great

was*

It's like the're playing in slow motion. I remember people (idiots) used to say Pep's style of play was boring. This is the geriatric version of Pep's style. Way too slow getting the ball into dangerous positions. Easy for defenders to get into position stop you from creating anything. They only create chances when teams get spooked by Messi and send 3 players to close him down.

If the whole team focuses on limiting messi's space and frustrating him then they fail.

Not rash tackles, he can handle those. I mean like Chelsea did by simply moving on preventing his movements by moving the defense around him and taking advantage when they back pass.

These. Dembele & Coutinho were bought for a reason, they're essentially missing one of their wingers and their CAM so they've had to adopt a 4-4-2 to keep a good defensive record but still manage to BTFO every team they face, so second leg will be interesting.

Will either of those lads be first for round 2?

>Iniesta can't dribble
u wot m8

not a Madrid fan, but as someone who has watched most Barca fans they have been extremely lucky so far and Atleti will catch them at the end of the season

> extremely lucky so far and Atleti will catch them
Valverde deserves credit for turning a shit situation in a phenominal track record. No one can deny that his management has been crucial in adapting the team and getting results.

Madridiots have no excuse.

Barca's run of form this Season has been bizarre
They started it looking pretty shit, but somehow consistently getting results, even if they were scraping them. Then they found a run of legit good form, where they'd be winning games more comfortably. And now they're at a stage where they dominate games in terms of possession but have literally nothing to show for all that possession. It's been weird ups and downs, and even that said they've not lost a single game in La Liga

0% Jesus.

Yeah Valverde has done well with the hand he's been dealt. This Paulinho gotta stop though. Barca have done nothing but overpay mediocre players. By far the highest wage bill in the world and the squad is/was absolute poverty.

not coutinho because he can't play in cl. desu I don't really want to see dembelel up now, because he is still awkward and scared (because price tag + injuries). I want to see alcacer play more often, but I am not sure where he would be, unless if it is a 4-3-3 but it isn't valverde's style to play unsafe against chelsea. He will most likely play the same squad in camp nou unless he fucks up and believes in gomes again.

I get where you are coming from, their goals look lucky because it often comes from the other team's mistake, but they have 70% possession with are just roaming around the other team's box waiting for that mistake. It is a legit tactic against park the bus teams and when your team lack good attacking midfielders.

He deserves full credit. Even when they are doing well, I see changes in the line-up and sub strategies every game. All good experiments to find what works and what not. Rakitic became really good under valverde, cillisen (other goalkeeper) is getting playtime and getting really good too. He is actually developing players which is a good trait. Only piece of shit that failed him is gomes, and valverde is still trying lmao.

They haven't conceded because of goat defense, they scored because of messi. Now, every team has been locking down messi with 3 men every time he gets the ball. He gives the ball back to central mid who give it back to def. That's the problem with lack of atk mid.

Memes aside, against teams that park the bus all game you need pacy wingers or tall CFs/good crossers. Barcelona has neither right now, at least until Dembele integrates with the squad. Barcelona's style is perfect against offensive teams but not so much against the likes of Juventus, Chelsea or Atletico.

>goat defense
Come on mate it's far from GOAT
Just in the Chelsea game they gave away more chances than they should have.

So basically once Coutinho comes back Iniesta will be benched.