How is season 2?

How is season 2?
Better than the first?

No.

The first had detective mystery and was exciting, the second season has none of that.

well the writing improves each book and each book's shit is more intense then the last .really looking forward to book 5's season with maybe flashback episodes for each of the rocinante's crew members.
what does suck in the show tho is the way they divided up the seasons . season 1 should have been until they divert eros like book 1 so you have the buildup, the intense shit and the climax in succession instead of having book 1's climax in the beginning of season 2 dropping you right into a climax on the first eps of the season.
this shit really breaks the pacing since it breaks the pacing from the conflict to the resolution of the season when you have to wait a year between them. additionally its completely uncalled for since every book of the expanse resolves its big conflict AND leaves you with wondering whats gonna happen about some aspect of that resolution in the future

last week episode was almost bad but so far its good

They took away the story of the dude with the shaved head, now he is just another crew member. He was the best guy on the show and his story is kaput. I hope the hot chinese chick is alive tho, she was smokin

>season finale now
why the fuck do they keep doing this shit ?. they're gonna finish this season's arc in 3 eps of the next season , destroying this season's pacing and then do a fucking 180 into a new story arc with some new characters .
i mean i understand transitioning from the eros stuff to the ganymede stuff , nearly nothing happens other then roci working for the OPA and hunting pirates for half a year or so but after caliban's war a major event happens and you have a completely new nearly unrelated story arc.
they're basically shoving the end of each season into the first eps of the next.

>dude with the shaved head
u wot m8 all roci crew always had hair IIRC.
> I hope the hot chinese chick is alive tho,
who the fuck you talking about?

behemoth and ring station are for the next season its ok

When is season two coming to Netflix? Every fucking show is 1-2 seasons behind. What am I even paying for.

im saying they're probably gonna end this season with mars and earth chasing the roci after they transmit all the shit from the lab with bobby's battle to take over mao's yacht in parallel which is a shitty retarded prisonbreak-tier cliffhanger which will drag season 2's story arc into season 3 shitting up the pacing
the season SHOULD end with protomolecule 'ship' emerging from venus which isnt a cliffhanger but still leaves you interested as to what happens next .
if they continue this retarded trend of shoving the end of each book's story arc into the next season , season 3 is going to end with the beginning of the battle for the behemoth

also pic related i hope they make a cool looking razorback next ep .

the first 5 or so episodes dealing with eros were the peak of the show so far. it's been pretty slow since then. i guess that's understandable considering eros was the end of the first book. i don't think anything huge will happen this finale other than the miller cliffhanger

>Shaved head
Who, Amos?

>chinese chick
Julie? She's dead, but her twin sister will be probably be played by the same actor.

>miller cliffhanger
u wot m8 we're like 5-6 eps before that stuff

i think he's talking about miller, he's 'dead' (more like absorbed) but his consciousness is uploaded and simulated trillions of times and beamed into holden's brain so he's 'seeing' him.

as for joulie and clarisa i think they looked different enough to need different actresses, they weren't twins or anything . they probably chose a pair of actresses that share a resemblance when they chose joulie's actress.

S02E05 was the best episode. I think Miller is coming back in some way though im not sure some novelfag hinted towards it but i cba reading novels when i already watch a show.

There are at least 9 books written or planned. You think Syfy wlll allow a show to go on that long?

Don't even bother getting invested.

Even when it was SciFi, the longest shows ever ran for was 4 seasons.

Hope you faggots enjoy reading.

just get the audiobook , they're great except book 4 where they use a different and shitty narrator which makes one of the characters that lusts for holden's dick all book sound like a retarded overly emotional battered housewife

you can be all smug in expanse threads and there's enough difference between the show and books that its interesting how they're gonna develop it although you know the really major plot points (for example last ep's errinwrith stuff wasnt in the books ,he dosnt kill mars dude just schemes with generals and does political shit against avasarala)
also book pacing >>>>>>>>>>>> show pacing .

why you typing out that webm senpai ?

also pic related is how book bobbie looks

You misunderstand. That webm was a statement against me.

I'll check up on your bookworm faggots tomorrow, can't wait for the finale thread.

IDK. It's been awhile since I've seen the first. I like both seasons.

Does the disc set come with cool special features? Behind the scenes maybe? Because I'd buy it if it does,

>the expanse gets a show
>firefall doesn't
echopraxia\blindsight universe show when ?
expanse scifi is babby tier compared to firefall. expanse tech is basically linearly better versions of current tech with little effect on society and culture where's firefall is set in the 2090's\2100's and there's plenty of completely new tech and non linearly improved tech and its affects changed everything from ecology to culture\society completely .

i thought you were quoting that webm.
also finale is gonna be shit . they're ending the season at the point where all the real shit of the second book is starting about 2/3 of the way in.

Much much better. Season 1 is just character building. It gets rid of the noir detective horseshit.

>It gets rid of the noir detective horseshit.
But that was the best part.

>except book 4 where they use a different and shitty narrator

I hate when shit like that happens! Or, there's only one reader for the book in the entire history of man and that reader sucks.

Hmm, I need to get the rest of Ember War...

Which allows it to be much easier to troll with. Seriously though, I like the old woman with the sexy voice story line better.

Worse than season 1. It's pretty dull without Miller. The rest of the cast is pretty weak.

well for many books if theres some old\shitty audiobook and its popular enough there tends to also be a recent and better remake .
and while one shittily narrated book is bad a book 4 books into the series which has only shitty narration is terrible , especially when literally everything else including the novellas is narrated by the same guy .
shit was especially bad because at the time i just finished an audiobook with 10/10 god tier narration (handmaid's tale with claire danes,so impressed i read 3 more margaret atwood books)

also
>clarissa mentioned early this season
>naomi mentioning her son to prax this season when her having a son is unknown until book 5
i feel they're deviating from the books in interesting ways and even doing some things better and cutting parts that were bad in the books or that are easy to write but hard to show.

>killing off best martian for the dickheads we have now
>killing off miller

Best episode was the eros one and it's been downhill ever since.

>tfw no drummer gf
I want her to sexually humiliate me

Holy shit, is that the blue girls ship? It's rad as fuck, how come I didn't see it on show? Which episode does it appear?

It would be interesting seeing a narrated sci-fi show where the narrator has to translate what is happening to us because everyone in the ship is just super genious. The there is some moments when he says "if you want to see what they are really saying" and then everyone just starts blabbering gibberish in multiple languages.

not sure if its the most minor of spoilers but it appears in the next ep . back on eros when miller was investigating her he found a message from mao threatening to sell it if she dosn't come back. he didnt sell it and its docket to mao's yacht which is the ship avesarala and bobby boarded last ep.

also its fan art of the razorback from the description given in the books . show razorback is probably gonna look different .although the crashcouches in look more like the actual gimballed crashcouches of the expanse and not the retarded gaming chairs they have in the roci in the show.

IIRC everyone of them speaks their own language with added personal shit and gibberish\grunts because they dont actually need to talk clearly because theres some implant or something which translates the other dudes for you .
also this is specific to the crew of the theseus because they were all weird freaks implanted and augmented almost beyond recognition. from my understanding in echopraxia the dudes on the crown of thorns speak normally.

WHEN THE FUCK DO THEY SHOW THE FULL BATTLE OVER GANYMEDE?

Why would they miss that oppurtunity? EVERY single space battle was near perfect. S2 was 10/10 for the first couple episodes and every time Holden was on screen for longer than 5 minutes it drops a full point for the duration.

book 2 has 2 fights over ganymede , a fight in open space and a fight around io.
they already showed the 2 ganymede fights .

also IIRC literally all the space battles up to this point are boring a/f compared to everything that lies ahead , all space battles after the second ganymede fight are amazing and each is better then the last . also next season roci gets upgraded with a railgun

i literally cant wait for the book 6 space battles .that fight where marco's ship keeps dodging roci's railgun shots but bobby shoots a cloud of PDC rounds and makes him dodge into it. also the swarm fleet attacking the railgun defenses at the wormhole station.

also some fucking EVA\spacesuit action in book 4 finale with basia and havelock

>echopraxia\blindsight universe show when ?
2deep4tv. I think Revelation Space would be a much better show for tv and they actually could finish it in 3 or seasons, its a rushable show I guess.

>tfw no hbo-produced house of suns miniseries

>book 6
Do you really think it will go that far? I am skeptical.

Takes a nose dive after best character dies

Top kek.

Join me my friend. Embrace the pasta like a fat Italian.

>marco's ship keeps dodging roci's railgun shots but bobby shoots a cloud of PDC rounds and makes him dodge into it.

is the scifi as hard as firefall ? blindsight gave me a huge hardon for proper scifi, now everything with pleb tier scientific inaccuracies \ boring advancement of mankind turns me off. expanse is the borderline of how inaccurate\boring tech i can go without being repulsed .

three body problem is pretty good until they get to the particle-dimension-folding-FTL-communication shit.

i think they'll keep it as long as ratings dont drop or something but fuck knows .im hoping for all books in the show but that wont happen unless there's gonna be a popularity spike at some point.
well they do hit some dude in an EVA suit in book 4 with a railgun (or was it a damaged PDC) from a damaged and spinning roci with damaged thrusters because he happens to cross the arc the railgun sweeps

pls no belter skanks

>prax's kid
cmon dude . also add protomolecule kid (the one on the roci now) there's a pretty good chance it was made from a girl.