Just finished this, what did I think of it?

Just finished this, what did I think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2wkYHqiYkUY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You liked it

You thought the martial arts was terrible.

About on par with the non-daredevil ones. Got a lot more negative attention due to dumb ass critics talking about "whitewashing", but I think overall that actually just resulted in it being significantly more watched than the others

It's shit.

I just finished the one where Danny hunts Gao to China.

It's good, not bad, but the fighting is pretty meh.

Top qt

Dat ass

She's got some fucking ass my main man

The lack of nudes is painful.

youtube.com/watch?v=2wkYHqiYkUY

Hopefully those faggots who write GOT have her strip naked or something

It got a lot of negative attention because it's a martial arts show with no martial arts and heavily featured the fucking ninjas and magical bullshit everyone hated on Daredevil. Most negative reviews didn't even mention race.

Since Danny is, you know, white in the comics.

Probably my favourite Netflix marvel show, other than maybe Daredevil season 2.
The most varied, and had the best overall side cast.

You thought the story was decent though not as good as previous Netflix capeshit. Still better than all other capeshit shows except Legion

You thought the fighting was done to be reminiscent of martial arts movies and to make it look effortless for Danny when he's not fighting someone competent. But the choreography isn't great.

The story is interesting enough that it didn't take you out of it though

You wondered why Claire didn't call Daredevil, but you figured she's probably tired of depending on other heroes and wants to step up herself

You think the Meachums were top notch and that Madame Gao is GOAT.

You think it was a pretty good "becoming the Iron Fist" story. That Danny needed to lay to rest his past before he could move forward. You figure he'll probably get in costume by the end of Defenders when Daredevil gives him old stuff or introduces him to Melvin.

You thought Into the Badlands is the better kung fu TV kino.

Discuss

Honestly the only reason I still watch GoT is to see the nude scenes.

I'm gay

I like the magic shit in Iron Fist, because it fits, in Daredevil it just didn't fit after the Punisher.

Plus Elektra is the most punchable character in anything ever.

>what is Jackie Chan

Claire is so forced into this, and it's really obvious.

I rewatched season 2 recently. The Punisher stuff is still better, but the Hand stuff goes down better the second time

There's a dagger that Stick hands off to his lackeys before Elektra tries to gank him. Is that the same dagger (whether the exact one or the same style) that hangs in Bakuto's office next to his door? What could that mean?

>who is Bruce Lee
>what is the Green Hornet
>what is the Kung Fu tv show where Bruce was replaced by a white actor because he was too Chinese to appear on American tv as a Chinese character
>what is your point

I remember more bitching about it when it was new, but there's still a couple near the top on RT.
I'm pretty sure this is the plot to Shangai Noon, and I didn't mind that movie at all

Who is the main villain in this?

It's honestly hard to tell, first it seemed like Harold, then Ward, now Gao.

It's almost as if the fact that she keeps running into these heroes is not a coincidence or something.

You thought the fight choreography was weak. You insist that there should have been more action sequences, and that overall the show looked incredibly cheap.

Are you being serious? If that's why then I can live with it, but it's so fake in this, she contributes nothing.

She's White Tiger.

More like WB Show than other Netflix Original Marvel...

Lamer, more childish, less hot sexiness, less dark and gritty as compared to Jessica Jones, Daredevil, and Luke Cage

In short, you think they missed the mark and if they are doing S02 then they need to amp up the hardcore like the others shows and make it less WB made for primetime tv PG retarded.

Is there any proof for this?

It was bad and the conflicts were generic and lame. It reminded me of Marvel's shitty early 2000s films.

Kinda missing the point there. You don't care because it's never been an issue for white people

This has been an issue for Asians. Iron Fist was created around the same time Kung Fu cast David Carradine as a Chinese character on TV. Because TV execs didn't think an Asian guy playing an Asian character would've been accepted

>The Defenders is next
>More waiting for the Punisher show

I'm going crazy here.

Is Danny rand in the comics actually an Asian guy?

Yeah.

It's called Daredevil season 1, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil season 2, and Iron Fist.

She should have been the Night Nurse though.

No.

>Being too much of a sheep-minded imbecile to formulate your own opinions

She IS the Night Nurse.

I've watched all of these, and her only role in them is to patch up the hero during the inevitable episode where the main hero is too hurt to fight crime that day.

I couldn't tell if the lead actor was a good actor purposefully playing the sort of naive child like personality or if he was just a bad actor overacting or underacting in every scene

No, Rachel McAdams is confirmed to be playing her.

Stick is part of yet another Hand splinter faction.

Well yeah, what else would she do? Run into battle and start kicking everyone??

Stick is the only good thing about the Hand stuff in Daredevil, I wish he were in it more.

Pay a little more attention to what's going on. Such as when she mentions her family history or the types of weapons she gravitates to.

Yes.

They both are, movies and tv are separate universes that don't crossover so there can be two.

She fought in Iron Fist

Danny makes me want to shoot the retarded namefag in anger.

I haven't finished Iron Fist yet, but I'm on ep.9 and she's fought once, all she does is heal people and bitch about how killing is wrong.

>movies and tv are separate universes

No, they aren't.

First it's (kind of) Ward, then Gao, then (for one episode) that Hand dude, then Harold.
I don't know why they don't just stick with one villain over the season.

It worked with Kingpin and Killgrave.

Daredevil season 2 (Punisher, resurrected miniboss from season 1) and Luke Cage (Cottonmouth, Diamondback) both suffered for excluding the best characters and instead opting for some shitty third rate villain in the second half.

>what is different audiences from a different time
People don't like the people they discriminate against for a reason, Greeks used to have men play women in plays because of discrimination against them, it's about the time period. We don't white wash asian roles anymore, and you could make an argument about ghost in the shell, except asian people don't care and think she actually looks more like the character than asians.

>Claire fighting off ninjas and mercenaries with her fucking claws

>People don't like the people they discriminate against for a reason
It's called racism.

Joy a top tier qt. Those eyes are godlike.

You pretended to like it just to prove the critics wrong

Doesn't she just punch a single distracted guy?
I'm sure he was going for naive. It got kind of old though, since I think this show really didn't need 13 hours

The Hand, they're responsible for evil Harold, Gao and the recruiter dude.

I think she beats one or two mercs alone in the Dojo

>About on par with the non-daredevil ones.
Not at all

When will they learn?

It was better. Luke Cage was horrible and so was Jessica Jones. At least this had a somewhat interesting premise other than a invincible Harlem nigger or a bitchy rape victim.

None of these shows are actually good though. Even Daredevil is mostly filler.

>invincible Harlem nigger or a bitchy rape victim.

For some reason, I don't place much faith in you looking at the quality of Luke Cage or Jessica Jones objectively.

Danny needs the mask so that a stunt double can take over.

>"""objective quality"""

Had to be the tripfag.

Well I wouldn't expect someone of your namefag to understand wanting a relatable character in a show.

At least Luke Cage and Jessica Jones had a specific style they were going for (blaxploitation and neo-noir). That didn't always work out but at least they had atmopshere and things going for them.

Iron Fist is just bland. It's all over the place in terms of tone not even knowing what it wants to be.
They should have opted for some old kung fu movie vibe.

Looking at things objectively just means not bringing your personal politics into it. It's a superhero show, not something to fuel you inevitable shooting spree manifesto.

>They should have opted for some old kung fu movie vibe.

The drunken master was a great example of this. Whole show should have been that.

Oh, a parody of the "going onto Sup Forums to be told how to think," threads.
How clever

You thought the fights were underwhelming and that if they weren't going to get some awesome martial artist or stuntman to play Danny they should have at least picked an awesome actor. But over all you liked it, it maybe because you wanted to fuck Colleen or that you related a little bit to Ward. All in all you wouldn't be terribly upset if this got a second season.

Yeah I hope that guy returns.

Danny Rand isn't relatable. Characters don't need to be relatable to be good anyways.

Danny Rand is very relatable. In real life I'm a bad actor too.

We know

yeap. and guess what. Doesn't happen anymore or else they get black listed

>It's another Ward getting shit on episode

i cared more about the side cast than the kung fu. The kung fu sucked. The hand bits sucked, Most of it sucked. the choreographer should be beaten. mortal kombat that came out in, 1999, had way better fights than this shit.

Why didn't they just get the team from Daredevil for this? The fights are terrible considering that Danny is meant to be the master of all martial arts.

Danny is a white guy who grew up getting the shit kicked out of him by asian guys for being white. then he comes back and all the white people who are "just like him" reject him because he's a weirdo who claims to have come from an interdimensional shaolin temple.

the whole point is that he doesn't fit in anywhere and his story is that of a guy trying to find his identity.

The fights are really bad. LIke Really Really Really bad. The fights in Daredevil and Cage was leagues above this series. And I really liked Danny as iron fist. But Iron Fist was supposed to be faster than Bruce Lee. Hell, Kill Bill in Kung fu the legend continues was a more believable kung fu master than this. Stephen Seagal is a more believable master than this.

>Hating Kung Fu
>hating David Carradine
No one would give a shit about King Fu if not for Carradine.

Garbage.

Marvel-TV will suffer for this one thats for sure.

The sad thing is, it really won't.

They should have used a fighter and like copy Danny's face on that guy. The fights are balls. They're sweaty unwashed balls.

>Marvel-TV will suffer for this one

It got higher ratings then any of the other marvelflix shows. The controversy just helped it.

Is this a meme? Her ass is fucking awful

It's not the best, but I'd happily jam my tongue up it.

I don't hate Kung Fu or David Carradine. Just pointing out the climate that the Iron Fist comic was created in

That's a pretty good point

It got the highest viewership. Jessica Jones, Daredevil and Luke Cage all rate above it. Way, way above it.

Daredevil and Lucas Cage were better. NO seriously, even though season 2 of DD slowed Down during the second half and the second half of LC slowed down, I loved the hell out of both of them. The fights were great. IRON FIST FIGHTS,S U C K E D

Well they hired the same guy who made this shit for Inhumans so idk.. maybe it'll turn out fine.

"ratings" dont mean shit this days desu

It's a shame Netflix isn't making all the superhero shows.

>Supergirl- dogshit
>The Flash- dogshit
>Arrow- dogshit
>Gotham- should never have existed and makes me want to kill myself.

I've yet to watch Legion, though.

At least IF was constantly mediocre throughout instead of going from good to complete shit halfway through.

Good point.

Daredevil hurt, watching the enemy go from the motherfucking Punisher, to an annoying smug bitch cucking Matt into being her toy.

Legion is kino. No bullshit. Its not just well done story wise, character wise, etc but its authentic art that challenges the viewer

It being on Fox makes me sceptical, like my post said, I basically don't trust anything that isn't on Netflix.