Why was this movie so good?

Why was this movie so good?

Because Miles Teller gets shitted on. He just has a face you wanna punch.

Soundtrack
Pacing
Acting and characters

>so good?
It's not.

JK Simmons is pretty much the only good thing about it.

Stop being such a cock-smoking normie and get better taste.

But I liked it. It was pretty good.

It was fucking trash holy shit are you retarded?

it really wasn't

it's alright

don't worry user, i liked it too. You're not alone.

>Pacing
The pacing! this should be a study on pacing. Not that every movie has to be paced like this one, but actually the movie was like a 1.5 hour jazz song. It was, "meta" for lack of a better word.
The scenes, cuts, and edits were like a jazz song. dont know how else to put it

The movie is mediocre.

>Why was this movie so mediocre?
Soundtrack is so-so, but considering this film has absolutely nothing to do with jazz music this is kind of moot.
Pacing is laughably terrible when you take the film's structure into consideration. They repeat the same dramatic beats over and over again because the writers involved obviously didn't know what the fuck they were doing, and to top it off all of the scenes are edited together awkwardly; never mind how stupid the big second act plot twist is. It's as if an amateur put this film together.
Characters are one-dimensional caricatures. Even Simmon's character, which so many love in this flick, was pretty flat. I will admit that his performance was indeed good, I can't say the same thing for any other of the actors involved (Miles Teller can only seem to put on the same stupid expression on his face regardless of anything else going on around him). Also, there is literally no character development. Not a very well written movie, no.

It's a film that weightlifter dudebros like a lot because the material is accessible to them and somewhat relatable (in order to be great at something you just gotta go hard and fast bro). I can't imagine with any semblance of taste actually watching this film and thinking it's anything but a mediocre clichéd story about trying be the best, only repetitive and ultimately not very interesting.

All in all, the scenes with Simmons are exciting, and the ending was a bit of a nice surprise (refreshing too from the laborious sequences where he ridicules Teller's character that are overplayed). It's a movie that is worth checking out if you have nothing else better to watch, but certainly not one that will be or should be remembered.

I thought it was a great movie. I really like watching documentaries and the occasional movie about someone that is very dedicated/talented at something. I have always lacked the dedication and focus to get really good at anything, I do however know a little bit about a lot of things.

that's a really well thought-out and justified opinion.

I loved the movie, every bit of it.

fantastic ending

>the ending was a bit of a nice surprise
I just downloaded this movie again just to watch the last ~10 minutes. It really was an amazing ending.

You can literally watch it on Youtube

I like this movie a lot. Is La La Land good?

What would you recommend instead of this film?

I saw Whiplash and La La Land both on the plane. Loved both of them very much, but I was quite scotch-heavy and jet lagged. That said, great fucking movies

t. not a critic and i can't tell what editing style is better than another, I just love watching movies because they are fun. la La land is FUN

trainspotting

>pacing
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA *inhales* HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It was pretty good, but I don't get the hype. The "got in accident" part of the story just comes out of nowhere and doesn't hold any emotional weight, feels very "shoehorned in", and ending is just "meh".

JK Simmons' character saved this film from mediocrity.

I don't use anything google related. It is a company filled with creepy autists and I long for the day where the entire campus gets infected with Legionnaires' disease.

this. movie is ass.

I hope you crash your car when everyone will start using Google's self-driving car, you autistic dimwit

Don't know how else to explain it, go watch it and you'll understand

This film doesn't have a slow moment

it's very fun to watch. it's a thrill

I hated it because it's popular and on the IMDb top 250

>I like a film's pacing
go back

You first, spergo

100% because of this man. It was Scarface tier in terms of one actor's performance making the whole film.

Whiplash is pretty much perfect in all aspects in my opinion.
>oscarbait xd
Yes but it's good

It really wouldn't have been the same with anyone else

I bet he even came up with the NOT QUITE MY TEMPO shit