out of these characters:
>least retarded
>most retarded
>most interesting character
>least interesting character
>most engaging plotline
>least engaging plotline
because starkfaggotry is fun

hold up, did modern day isaac Hempstead wright poster just get his post deleted?

to be honest, Catelyn Peace speech made sense to me. Sure the lords wouldn't accept that because revenge... They want to kill people to make up for the people who died. But this shit never ends (see : Blackwood vs Bracket ).

That bit about futility makes sense.
But she wasn't in a room with people who wanted to discuss with sense and logic, she was in a room with people who wanted blood, so there you have it.

Preston.

>least retarded
Arya
>in b4 MUH NOT NAMING TYWIN TO JAQEN
I'm going by % of retarded decisions vs smart decisions. Starks are doing insanely poor in that regards. Arya has quite a lot of moment of brilliance - especially considering her age - which you can't say of many Stark.

>most retarded
Sansa

Eddard. Course we don't see much of him, given that he dies at like 600th page. But if we had the whole story he'd be more interesting than most I think.

Sansa

>most engaging plotline
Robb

>least engaging plotline
Rickon for obvious reasons

modern day isaac hempstead wright

no?

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

>Arya has quite a lot of moment of brilliance

boring thread topic, even beric trolling would have been better

I'd like Beric and The Mountain to star in an undead Odd Couple sitcom.

with lyanna mememont as their adopted daughter?

nah blackfish was right, they weren't in a good position to make peace

how does lord davos summon armies out of nowhere?

All reddit characters can summon armies.

Jonsa
Gendrick
R'hllelly
JaqMelly
Piendry
Torienne
WalCat
Catyrion
Robbeon
Joffsay
Breera
Thormelly
Robbgery
JaqAry
Gendrya
Waifjaq
Kindole
Jaimure
Olefish
Stannos
RobbRos
Robbjey
Kindlypair
Tynny
Tyrienne
Jorleesi
MissTy
Tyleesi
Renwun
MissGrey
Branerys
Brodor
Meeosh
Robbcella
Waifu
LittleCat
NightCat
Nightsei
Nightleesi
Jaimsa
Jaimleesi
Saleesi
Berthor
Berheart

not sure what you're referring to.

They had something going for them tho : Renly.
The Lannister wanted nothing more than for the conflict with the Stark/Tully to end, so they could prepare for whichever Baratheon would attack them.

They were not in position to make demands that's for sure... But they could've just went back home.

Is this going back home with your tail between your legs? Maybe, maybe not... But the Lannister lost 20k men. They now know that there's a cost to fucking with the Stark/Tully. They wouldn't just do it again soon as they dealt with the Baratheon. The Lannister would surely agree to a peace ( because Renly ) and then would surely observe it ( because lost 20k men, can't conquer the north anyway, and winter is coming ).

yeah but the riverlands were also part of their territory and the riverlands are hard as fuck to defend
they shoulda just pressed their advantage and gone straight for harrenhal tbqh

>least retarded
Arya, apart from not naming Tywin to Jaquen and being generally impulsive, she's not doing too bad. She's learning new languages, poisons, she's been able to survive on her own. Hell, she's almost Sue-ish desu.
>most retarded
Sansa. Ned, Robb, and Cat all made their fair share of fuckups too, but they did it out of honor, love, mercy, or fear. Sansa does it because she's dumb and she didn't learn shit. Somehow still managing to stay under a villains sway.
It's a tossup between Ned and Cat. I feel like they're more fleshed out than any of the kids.
Rickon, probably.
>most engaging plotline
Ned's detective story.
>least engaging plotline
Sansa's AGOT stuff.

>Sansa's AGOT stuff.
eating lemoncakes with jeyne poole was literary kinography

Why do people love Jon so much? I can understand not disliking him, I don't dislike him either, but why be his fan? Why turn discussion about nearly every character into a discussion about Jon? Why have over 9000 theories about him and his parentage? I don't understand the appeal. As a character, I find him to be pretty flat.

he's the hero and hte good guy so normies like him by default.

But why love him? Sometimes it seems like Jon is all they care about. And not just the normies, but people who blog and theorize about ASOIAF too. He's fine, I like him too, he's an underdog, whatever. But he isn't a complex character, he didn't get a lot of character development after the first book, there's just not much going on with him internally. At least not compared to some of the other characters.

>not just the normies, but people who blog and theorize about ASOIAF too
GoT is so big now even normies theorizes about shit.

(loosely using theorize here, meaning, they present the theory the read somewhere else as their own).

but again, it's just because he's the hero. it doesn't matter if he's complex or not, a mary sue or not, plot armored or not.

He's set to win in the end and he's presented as the good guy so they jump on the bandwagon.

and the most retarded of them like him even more because they falsely believe Jon Snu is a rags-to-riches story. Like they think for Dany.

Completely ignoring the fact that they've started with more than 99.9% of the population, and that what they started with got them every single thing they have now. (jon, his wolf, his name, even if not a real stark. daenerys, her name, the dragon eggs).

The most annoying thing is when every theory about other characters has them ending up sucking Jon's dick. I see it all the time. Like LSH? Yeah, her end-game is totally crowning Jon as king in the north. JonCon? He'll find out that Aegon is a Blackfyre or something then go fight for Jon. And Sansa will totally marry him because muh Ashford tourney theory. etc, etc.
It's like every aspect of the narrative has to revolve around him.

Whom'st've was in the wrong here?

Godawful artist.

The Tully bitch, she caused it all

He isn't that bad

best castle in the series

It is pretty damn good.

he's great at landscape and buildings, but his people are a bit meh

Pretty much, yeah

kormack is the GOAT imo
i like villeneuve too but she can get a bit same-facey

>least retarded

I'll have to go with Cat. She was very shrewd politically and did not make any major mistakes.

>most retarded

Sansa hurrr, I can excuse most of her mistakes as innocence and naivete, but still she made a mess.

ROBB, THE KING INT HE NORTH, THE YOUNG WOLF

Second place to Jon Snu. He really came into his own in the last two seasons. Biggest transformation both as acting and as a character.

Arya. The most deus ex mary sue in the series. The only point she was interesting was thanks to Tywin in Harrenhal.

Second place to Bran, but mostly becauyse of the actor and how the writers chose to portray the character so far.

>most engaging plotline

Ned's shennanigans as Hand I think. It's hard to judge.

>least engaging plotline

Rickon's life

He just puts his lips together and blows.

i swear it was there at the start of the thread then it got deleted after like 5 seconds
spooky stuff

Dude, Beric Thread and posts are always better and patrician.

I mean, he is likely descended from a legendary dynasty and is widely speculated to save the world from an ancient evil as foretold in prophecy. Plus the title of the series refers to him. I think it's fair enough that a lot of theories revolve around him, boring character aside.

>Plus the title of the series refers to him.

>Dat pic
Jesus, people are fucking retarded.

Are those seriously the same guy? Holy shit. He should stick to castles.

>A Song of Ice and Fire

...is thematic

Maario Naharis

Yeah, his landscapes/castles are good but human faces are fairly shit

For the night is dark and full if terrors.

1. He's the hero

2. He had it rough as a bastard in a noble house, people can sympathize with suffering. We all have hardship in our lives while most of the characters of noble birth in GoT have it easy.

Same reason why Tyrion is so popular with regular viewers.

Wew lad.

>40 years old
how the fuck does she do it?

good genes?

Everyone's a hero of their own story, and everyone has suffered. Jon didn't have it as bad as most POV characters when you think about it.

>Everyone's a hero of their own story,

Jon is THE hero of THE story tho.

>and everyone has suffered

The other have more... abstract suffering, if you will. Jon's can be sympathized with.

>The other have more... abstract suffering
elaborate pls

>Everyone's a hero of their own story
Yes but you can't say Stannis or Theon are heroes in the same way as Jon is.
>Aegon. What better name for a king... He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire

Bathing in virgin blood

Cat hating Jon for his entire life is closer to people than say... Ned's beheading or Arya larping assassin's creed.

Straight up human to human relationships that can be easily imagined or experienced irl have more impact on people. Most of the other characters' suffering requires imagination from the viewer. Jon is very easy to relate to.

Same reason Cersei received much support early on when she was presented by the battered wife of an estranged whoremonger husband.... until people realized she was pure cancer on her own.

imho of course

>Jon is THE hero of THE story tho.
Jon is the hero of the Wall storyline. He sure as shit isn't the hero in the war of five kings, KL politicking, Meereen shit... And so far, the Wall's storyline has been its own relatively insular political thing. He may become the hero in the war for the dawn somewhere down the line. But so far, there is no trace of """THE""" story to be found. What comes closest to it is the KL happening because it affects everything else. And that had multiple protagonists too, depending on the book (Ned/Tyrion/Cersei).
>abstract suffering
Nothing abstract about being abused by your brother and traded as a cocksleeve for a sandnigger. Or about losing your family during a war. Or about being a deformed midget who's hated and suspect as soon as people lay their eyes on you. Or a fat fuck who gets abused by his dad on daily basis for years.

>it's a grrm will never finish the books episode

that's interesting, never considered it from that pov

all the ones you listed are the bad guys though, Jon is a good guy, maybe that's the difference in perception?

>Ned or Sam
>Bad guys in any way shape or form
I think I cracked the case. Jonfags are just stupid.

I thought you meant Varys, fuck off cunt

How butthurt will Jonfags be when nobody believes the words of an old crannogman?

the blind faggot targ on the wall also knows the truth

He's fucking dead m8.

the fuck? when?

How the hell did you not notice from the books or the show.

>showfags forgetting the show
kek
Not enough reddit-tier dialogue in that scene I guess.

>books

You joking right?

Trailer when?

trailer for what?

When is Darkstar turning up in the show? He's the key to all this.

The next season

what exactly is his significance to the plot?

You don't know Jonsa if you think that theory revolves around jon and not Sansa.

It's all about her getting what she deserves, someone brave, gentle and strong who'll make her Queen and treat her like one and how Jon shouldn't so much as look at another woman because of how perfect, smart and beautiful Sansa is

darkstar was dropped form the show

really? the show's dorne storyline was so engrossing I mustn't have noticed

What was your hardship in live?

Getting molested by my uncle

General life stuff like your average Joe.

>tfw too ugly to get molested

Sup Forums

He's the chi!d of Ned and his true wife Ashara Dayne, making him the rightful king in da norf.

Like what? Please explain.

>implying Ned would ever sleep around

it's a /got/ general not /eko/ general, senpai

Damn son, shit!

Tell me about this general life stuff, I live in the Netherlands.

Sup Forums is a funny and amusing place, also its your choice too visit Sup Forums or not.

Dont care about that, desu senpai.
I want to know.

it's too attention whory unless it's anonymous

Never mind then...

Hello Shipping guy/user, how are you doing? Do you have a favorite ship of your own?

>series starts with a Baratheon King
>"i have a son, you have a daughter...we'll join our houses"

>son and daughter get married
>series ends with a Baratheon King

Like Poetry.

what are you talking about

>tfw it's edric and sansa

the cuck that is rowing will marry arya and take the iron throne

jon and danny will travel to valyria to fox it and rule there

I thought that Arya will marry Jaqen.

Arya H'ghar

Jaqen is just a face takne off of someone, there's no person

The real question is, is he also dickless?