Anyone else disappointed that the final Wolverine movie had very little references to his past...

Anyone else disappointed that the final Wolverine movie had very little references to his past? There being no references to X-Men Origins or Jean Grey felt kinda cheap. He's hundreds of years old, fought in multiple wars, has a brother with his exact same powers, had a waifu that died, and got fucked up by Stryker. It feels like Days of Future Past had more emphasis on his past than Logan did. Although the shot of the hanging katana was a nice touch, just would've been nice if there was more stuff like that.

Also, how did Xavier come back from the dead in X3? Neither Days of Future Past or Logan addressed his resurrection. If he's literally so powerful he's beyond his physical body, why would a brain disorder fuck his shit up?

End scene of X2 ,
Xavier wakes up in the comatose patients body.

The director said it was his twin brother that was born brain dead or something.

I think it was expanded upon in the comic tie-in

The plebs at Sony make XOW non-canon because it was too kino for the average DUDE LE BLOODY CLAWS xD crowd
Truly a shame. XOW was a top quality biodome experience, while Logan was basically the MCU with le blood

I'm glad they didn't do a ton of fan service and references. It made the movie seem more grounded.

But Fox owns X-Men, not Sony...

ok, then it was the plebs at Fox.
there's so much capeshit it's hard to keep track

This is the most cancerous opinion on the entire board.

Not really no because that has nothing to do with the story being told. Having them stop every five minutes and drop a "HAHA REMEMBER WHEN I CALLED YOU WHEELS?" "HAHA REMEMBER WHEN I STABBED ROGUE?" "HAHA I GET THAT REFERENCE!" "HAHA REMEMBER WHEN I WENT BACK IN FUCKING TIME?" would be distracting an obnoxious. They do it basically the exact right amount. There was a visual reference with the katana, there was a verbal reference to the fight on Ellis island, that's about all that's needed.

XOW Wolverine: Interesting 3D character with a backstory and a personality.
Logan Wolverine: Le old dude who grunts and says fuck a lot

Not really asking for fanservice, just for the writers to remember everything else that has happened and had a big impact on Logan.
I don't mean references like that. I meant remembering the shit and the people that were part of his life. The movie felt very isolated and closed off, making it seem like Logan doesn't actually have any history when he's the main character of the franchise and has the most of all of them.

And Logan doesn't seem like the type of guy to bring up the past.

>The movie felt very isolated and closed off, making it seem like Logan doesn't actually have any history when he's the main character of the franchise and has the most of all of them.

That's the best representation of Logan's life they could have possible given us. He's always living in a time where people he used to know are dead and he can't just keep talking about people who don't exist anymore to everyone around him. He just has to keep living life and his memories just have to stay in his head and he's gotta deal with that. He's got no-one to talk to about the people from his past because the only person who knew those people is now senile and is the one who killed them. Logan just has to live in the time period and context and place that he's in at the time and accept that he's going to outlive everyone there and once they're gone he has to move on to the next people that he's going to outlive, or just be a loner so he doesn't have to go through that. It's very clear he was just waiting for Charles to die so he could go be by himself or kill himself.

But an old dude who admits to being fucked up and literally shouting SHUT THE FUCK UP to a 12 year old girls face is way more endearing than anything in XOW.

We don't need it to be explained to us how the characters in Logan got to where they are because we already have an idea from the past films/comics. That's another reason Logan worked well. It just focused on the moment rather than wasting time explaining how they got there.

Good post.
Another good post

>It just focused on the moment rather than wasting time explaining how they got there.

Basically this. It's like Batman movies killing Bruce Wayne's parents every single time. Literally no reason to do that. You can plop the characters into the action on its own merit. Logan could have been its own good movie if it was the first X Men movie ever made. It wouldn't have been as impactful we weren't with Hugh and Patrick for seventeen years of films, but the story and characterization itself would wok perfectly well without the lead-in of all the other movies which basically are hugely disconnected from Logan anyway. The story of some shithead guy reluctantly discovering his daughter and having to learn fatherhood and self-sacrifice is a good foundation for a narrative as it is, and then putting the Wolverine character on top of that is just an extra layer.

It's so sad how Logan finally got an immortal buddy and then died immediately after. And now his daughter has to suffer with immortality alone like he did.

Logan still being stubborn and immature enough to fight with a little girl over things at nearly 200 years old was wonderful.

They had a great relationship. It's a shame we won't see anymore of it.

>ywn have Hugh Jackman's hair and beard genetics

VA
MA
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

Fuck we need webms with audio already

DON'T HIT ME!

I have three or four but Sup Forums doesn't let me upload webms with audio for some reason.

you speak like you have autism

>Sup Forums doesn't let me upload webms with audio for some reason.
The only boards that let you are /gif/ and /wsg/ i believe

That sucks.

>Professor X is supposed to be the old, wise mentor
>Wolverine is twice his age, had a privileged upbringing and good education
>portrayed as an angry retard in every movie

>I'll just conveniently ignore any events that led up to and after the Weapon X program because I'm a fucking idiot

Try and finish reading the wiki next time

>saved some chink who tries to kiil him years later
>gets his slut killed
>signs up to get injected with poison metal
>smart

Yeah I'm really feeling it.

>that cute chin

>He's got no-one to talk to about the people from his past because the only person who knew those people is now senile and is the one who killed them.

Can someone explain to me what happened in the past? I haven't been keeping up on all the Xmen films, so I don't know if that's something that was explained in previous movies, or left purposefully vague for you to infer.

Xavier accidently killed and injured all the xmen with his brain freeze problem.

The contrarian meme is getting out of hand

That's good, we already know what happened. It avoided recaps and focused being its own thing.

That was X3, lass.

It's also a fact that his healing factor fucks with his memory over time.