French villages > All

French villages > All

Agree ? Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

arches.liris.cnrs.fr/publications/CGI2012.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The people who live there must be so weird.

hey sure are comfy, we have a similar one.
post villages of your country with such patterns from the air everyone

Thats a city.

they have a wall made of commieblocks?

another one, this one in the far north

No room for growth, a culture confined by the past.

Looks like shit.
Blow it out your ass, frog.

>WTF guys? They can't eat the last McBurger with their nigger best friend? So weird!

To protect from bastards from the East if you now what I mean, Maginot line and such

post fortress villages too

Theres probably no McDonalds, no jobs and still niggers there.

>probably
You know nothing, fat retard.

SEETHING
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

Bow, mere mortals

>being this delusional

I agree but I don't think your town is a good example

Anytime I have been to rural France it was always full of Algerians and Africans

That being said this was west and south of France so I can’t say anything about east or north

>Fortress villages

How about the village's houses literaly being the fortress wall

bullshit, southwest france doesn't even have that much africans and algerians in towns

Rural south west is one of the whitest place here though so thanks for showing your lies

Can confirm, I grew up in rural South-West. Although it's changing in small cities.

fucking based, rural France is paradise.
It's one of the reasons Tour de France is so popular, I know I watch if tor the landscape and little villages as much as I do for the race itself

Louis Cachet also known as Varg Vikernes lives here, lol

It's encouraging to see that someone in Europe actually understood grid planning

the image perfectly illustrates that idea though, the walls literally confine the living polity

Do they also comment about the places the tour crosses in foreign commentaries ?
Like here everytime there's a castle or old town or a place where something noteworthy happened the speakers tell us about it

There's grid patterns in many European cities, Barcelona is one of the most famous ones.

The vast majority of people don't live in such closed towns so there is nothing wrong with that
And trust me this cities get a ton of tourists because of their peculiarity so the people aren't exactly cut off from the outside world

But how come is this a bad thing, especially in these days?

yes, because we have a based French commentator in Eurosport.
He also comments on political French stuff in other channels sometimes.
Tour airs in one of our generalist channels too, but I prefer watching on eurosport because of Olivier

I see, nice
I hated the Tour when I was younger because it meant my father would have the TV all day, now I watch it because it's comfy

I'd love to stay and post a fuck ton of old towns but I have to go

There are plenty of them here as well

Thats a city, anything with multiple famies living together in close proximity is a city.

Ah yes look at this mighty metropolis

Needs a few more families.

Hope that's enough

reminds me very much of a tit

>Tfw will never live in one of these nice historic towns
I hope I at least get to visit them some day.

autism

Can't unsee
Daily reminder your mountain range of the Grands Tetons literally means "Big Tits" though

Hood enough, thays a city.

I feel this was a map on bad company 1

>will never, ever live in an aesthetic, comfy European village

JDIMSA, man. JDIMSA

>There are amerimutts itt
quick post you best fort towns

Most of French country people don't live in these tourists traps but in "isolated" houses 1-10km away from the village like except for the Mediterraneans

>is one of the whitest place here
It still has a shit tone of Algerians and other NA niggers

Is that Neuf-Brisach? I remember finding a hotel in Alsace/Baden, but when I came there nobody seemed to be alive in that town.

looks like a Rome Total War city

love this thread

ok

>Thread about Villages and towns of Europe

Why even bother.

Spain Italy and France always win. It's not even fair.

Anyways here is my village. It gets even comfier when it snows.

ATTAQUE DE PIERRE ROLLAND
T
T
A
Q
U
E

D
E

P
I
E
R
R
E

R
O
L
L
A
N
D

How about saving this thread from oblivion

Star forts are the fucking shit, thanks for all the cool pictures mates!

>tfw will never have chance of comfy life in swiss village

Seeing threads like this one is when I feel hopelessly inferior to the West. Maybe being a historically agricultural country with opressed and tortured peasantry, the largest class that forms the country, is the root of all our problems.

Nice proxy jean-pierre.

post more fortified towns, those are amazing.

There's also Cittadella, Padua province

Why that ?

The walls have been torn down to build grand boulevards but the whole old city stands.

>French villages > All
Nope.

sadly none of our walled cities preserved their walls due to our country being under the yoke of foreign powers for the most part of the last 500 years, and even if they somehow managed to keep them, by the 19th century they had to be torn down to make way for the growing population
fortunately, you can still see the outline of the old town walls in places like Sopron

Prague used to be walled up pretty good and a lot of it still remains but it's not coherent anymore.

pic related is probably my favourite town in Hungary, most of its walls were torn down in the second half of the 19th century

30 minutes walk from where I live

Same place

the old city walls of Pest (the eastern half of Budapest) were torn down as early as the 1700s, but some smaller sections luckily survived in the backyards and cellars of buildings

too much order

arches.liris.cnrs.fr/publications/CGI2012.html

That was pretty common until the late XIX. My home city was the biggest walled city in Europe in the mid XIX, sadly the walls were in a poorly state so the cityhall chose to demolish almost all of it except some sections.

This is the surviving section