New Worlders, Aussiefags and Kiwis, what country/culture does your last name originate from?

It originates from the Mediterranean.

>inb4 Varg

we wuz french and shiet

The Netherlands

From ecuador

Mongolian.

My full name is John Johnson Gutierrez Hernandez and I'm a 100% aryan american on vacations.

German Palatinate.

North of Spain

spain

british, what the fuck do you think

sure thing, Riley Stevens-Zhang

Portuguese, or maybe spanish

>First one
Spanish/Basque
>Second one
Greek

same

both spaniard
my mother has a greek surname though

Iberia and Southwestern France

Northern Aragon in Spain

My last name, and therefore my father's last name is German. My mother's last name is Welsh.

Castilian and Asturian
I wuz Berberz :)

England, variant of an Old English name.

Some place in Spain

I don't fucking know.
Some say it appeared first in England, then it expanded in Italy, then it went to Peru with italian immigrants and then to Ecuador. Others say it's persian or french. I can't get accurate info on the origin, because apparently its spelling was changed in Peru to avoid anyone making fun of it.

It's funny because the name is almost exclusively found here in the province where i'm from, to the point that if you meet someone in another part of the country with that last name,you can almost certainly trace his roots to my province, and i'd bet that could also apply to ecuadorians abroad.

My other last name is very popular in Colombia and i know it came from there because one of my great-grandfather was colombian.

Spain all of them. central and southern Spain.

>All Mexicans claim to be from the North of Spain
>Most Spaniards that move to America were from Andalucia
Kek such delusion

My lastname is Liotta, it is from Italy... south i guess.

english master race

Racial slur for a welshman

A lot of “British” territories were actually Dutch first, Australia and the Mid Atlantic States included.

Delaware was also Sweden at one point before the British took it over.

What is it?

Sp*in?

One is the name of a town in Cantabria.
As for the other, don't know much about it aside from the fact that it's from there (and that it's a patronimic) The same goes for my father's second surname (that word also means dawn in English).

The only one I don't know where it comes from is that surname uchima (my mother's second surname). It sounds indigenous as heck but I'm not so sure about that.

Asturian and Valencian

The other question that remains is, did their ancestors adopted those surnames or just inherited them.

Ireland. Going to go to the courthouse and restore it to the Gaelic form to fight British oppression.

Finland

Denmark

Adopted. African Americans also adopted en masse surnames related to their environment (e.g., their owners', toponyms) as well as random ones like those of colours (Brown, Green, etc).

French, but before that it was an Americanized spelling of a traditional English name and I have no fucking idea why they changed it since I have found nothing but Anglos in my family tree going back four centuries.

they are not wrong though, since 95% of andalucians have surname from northern spain too

Poland

Spain I assume like most latinos

denmark

Australia was neither claimed nor settled by the Dutch.

So shouldn’t your second last name be greek?

>A lot of “British” territories were actually Dutch first
>a few cities
>a lot

Why so knowledgeable about Spanish naming customs.

Noice

Where are you from? I think that’s the case with most Serranos. If you have a certain last name, you are most likely distantly related to another person with the same last name. For example, Astudillo is one of the most common last names in the town I’m from and they’re all pretty much related to each other someway.

Ireland. Unlike most “muh 1/32 Irish” people, I’m literally 75% Irish.

Because I’m latina kek

V A N C O U V E R

Nope

Not really, you rarely see galician surnames among andalucians

same shit, you are all the same.

Friesen

'talian

Ireland, but my parents came herecin the 80s not on a convict ship 200 years ago

>Friesen
Ostfrieslander muh-heritage reporting.

Galicia

>we were not criminals, i-i swear!

Italy

The utter state of these Argentinians, stop pretending you have white european ancestry.

Scottish/Norman

Germany

hi Shawn

Amerindian.

Me? Amerindian, but cannot speak for the rest ITT, I guess.

From my mother's side Native American (Quechua) my father's side Native American as well (Toba and some drops of Aymara)

A fun fact is that around 90% of Argentines have at least 70% of Amerindian admixture, if not full blooded Amerindian.

You’re retarded, it’s actually pretty common for an Argentinian to have an Italian last name

It is not.
To have an Amerindian last name, is more common.

Volve a Bolivia, negro puto.

Portuguese and Italian. A very, very distant Italian for what's worth.

Why do you guys always look down on the rest of us as if you were any better than us just because your great-grandpa was Italian?

It’s from an Old-English word meaning pasture or hedged-in outdoor area.

Fr*nce and Scotland

French, supposedly
my dad's dad was part Italian and part Romany, although I've heard the backstory he gave wasn't entirely correct

Colombia, it comes from Spaniards but it was originated here

actually maybe you guys can tell me: where does "Ambrose" come from originally, and where is commonly found today (besides America)?

Ireland (changed to Anglo equivalent though)

>Ambrose
English surname that's the anglicized form of an Italian saint from Milan.

England.

North and central Spain

They didn't settle Australia, the only impact they ever made on Australia was shipwrecking off of the west coast and leaving some of the local fauna with blonde hair way down the track.

Interesting. Is it non-anglicised?

England via France (Taylor)
Almost everyone has an anglo or irish last name

no, because her mom is the one with greek surname
the grandmother's surname gets lost in our system, only 2 surnames allowed

I know that, I just thought your mom’s first last name was greek.

My father's from France- Nord/pas-de-Calais region, but I'm Murikan-Yank-Californian.

typical Chilean - not only Mapuche or Rapanui?

High numbers of British or French in Chile, but not as huge like Italians or Germans, esp in Argentina.

Scottish

Anyone whose family didn't arrive here in or after the eighties has an English/Scottish/Irish/Maori name

Yemen

Galician
German

Scotland

>Last name
Basque

It looks like they have British down for USVI, which is wrong, should be Danish.

Also as for surname it originates as a place name from England, however, it has roots in Old West Norse.

>t. Juan Urrurrutirriñagui

Loor
Manabí. I don't know if we are all related because every other person has that last name and not everyone is immediately related. Or maybe we are. The banter for us manabitas is that we fuck our cousins, so naybe all Loors are descended from one cousin-loving dude.

Basque + French

t. brown as fuck