ITT: What the fuck were they thinking?

ITT: What the fuck were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7gp9QE3prHs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Evolution

Burgerzilla would eat that skelly poop monster alive

>b-but e-eels

That's the most terrifying shot in the movie, OP. Fresh out of my nightmares.

It looks like something that came fresh out of my asshole.

And by evolution you mean metamorphosis

It's horrible

that shot
>fuck it just put 5 extras acting scared during morning commute

No, Asians are always calm
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7gp9QE3prHs

No not here. Metamorphosis implies it's part of its life cycle, this in the movie was rapid evolution, considering it was adapting to its adversities.

I actually liked that part the most. Looked weird as fuck, especially when this thing started tripping and shitting blood. The movie gradually went from awesome to shit, to complete dogshit of a finale.

But that looks fucking scary dude
Almost like it could exist in the real world, maybe not as big but still

I felt the same.

It still isn't evolution. Metamorphosis is the most adequate term in this situation, look into phenotypic plasticity

>weebs will defend this

THICC

>implying
Shin is literally an Angel. And an overpowered one at that.

It's the fish looking eyes, it's like it stares right into you. Reminded me of Hedorah. one of my personal favs

Having looked into it, it still comes across as closer to/intended as evolution since you wouldn't be able to depict a gene change appropriately. Metamorphosis seems less related since there's an end state in mind as a goal. What Shin Godzilla has is continuous and the phenotypic plasticity aspect seems to be the overlap that does capture it within one lifetime.

Besides, definition #2 of evolution is less strict that suggesting the Darwinian theory.

>Metamorphosis seems less related since there's an end state in mind as a goal
This is not always the case, think about fish sex changes or tadpoles responding to predation.
Evolution takes place at a population level and it is random, not directed.

What we see in the movie is either metamorphosis or lamarckian evolution.

Anno was there as a bus driver. pic related.

>Evolution takes place at a population level and it is random, not directed.

I forgot what they had said about its species and if the scene at the end counts as populating. Either way, one creature was the focus and it had a survivalist direction as all creatures undergoing evolution do, so the changes were erratic but still helped it out, e.g. the curious need for arms and lasers instead of purely ramping up its defenses.

>This is not always the case, think about fish sex changes or tadpoles responding to predation.
And do those count as metamorphosis? The definitions I'm finding suggest moving toward completion or to the next stage in its life. If it's just the 'change' definition, like I said in the last post, any term is fine.

plebs, but I respect your opinion.