youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg
youtube.com/watch?v=-4Ojbi6lXQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>scene where him and Vince Vaughn are just shouting "SOCIETY" at each other
Funny shit.

tfw i'm gonna end up like this guy one day

>TFW homeless in a week and a half
You wanna eat some poison berries together and shit ourselves until we die?

Murder your mother

spoiled rich kid who realized too late that in the wild the rules of nature apply and your parents won't be there to hold your hand

happyness only real when shared, bro

sounds like you have a week and a half ot get a job, my man

>tfw to intelligent for society
Seriously Wtf was up with this guy? There was literally some bride or pass or something a few km from his deathbed.What a colossal faggot.

> get sick
> eat some poisonous shit
die
> REEEEEEEE SOCIETY COMMENTARY REEEEEEEEEEEE 1% NUMALE BABY
thats what you sound like

So what OP? He went into the wilderness wanting to survive on his own. At least he tried and didn't bother anyone save for his parents by perishing in the Alaskan bush

Love the guy, the book, and the movie

Dude has been an inspiration to me for decades

RIP the last true American hero

thing is, he wasn't a poser. he actually said fuck society and meant it and died alone in the wilderness.

gotta give him props for that.

Sean Penn Pushes his libtardizm the movie!

The part where he eats an apple and says to th 4th wall "Oh organic apple, you are so rich and delicious!" almost made me stop the movie.

I hope this is bait.

A little exaggerated but not really bait.

Even convinced me to live outside the city on a farm.

I liked the book

ITT: A bunch of bitter losers living in their mom's basement and / or working some shitty unfulfilling job pretending they're better than someone who had the balls to live a life of adventure

Fuck all of you

>stoopid privileged whjte librul didnt even know anything about survival what an idiot

heres your obligatory comment by someone who didnt understand the film

>hey son here's a new car so you don't have to drive around in that POS anymore
>I DON'T WANT THINGS THINGS THINGS

was it autism?

He literally left everything and fucked off to wilderness.Eventually died.What inspiration does this miserable faggot who can't even plan his shit provide you?

>DUDE, JUST LIVE WITH A BUNCH RETARDS, LMAO!

Why didn't he just build a cabin

>He literally left everything and fucked off to wilderness.

this part

>.Eventually died

for what he believed. A true tragic hero

same man. I have every opportunity to change things around but I won't because deep down I know this is how it was meant to be. I need to go through with this. It's more important than a normal and "safe" life my parents want for me.

did you watch the movie? or just not understand the message. its perfectly fine to admit it instead of trying to be contrarian and fit in

>didn't fuck kristen stewart

fuck this guy

Why didn't he just build some tools

The guy totally turned down a free pass to fuck underage Kristen Stewart.
He deserved to die

Kek i remember that

Say the thing instead of circling around.I did see the movie and understand it.It wasn't some deep movie that someone would be unable to understand.

why didn't he just walk to the road and look for a bridge??

>who can't even plan his shit
His plan was to survive in the wilderness with the little equipment he had. Not indefinitely, but for some time, but he just happened to die before he felt like leaving

Attention Possible Visitors. S.O.S. I need your help. I am injured, near death, and too weak to hike out. I am all alone, this is no joke. In the name of God, please remain to save me. I am out collecting berries close by and shall return this evening. Thank you, Chris McCandless. August?

"McCandless' journal documents 113 days in the area. In July, after living in the bus for three months, he decided to head back to civilization, but the trail was blocked by the swollen Teklanika River; the watercourse by that stage was considerably higher and swifter than when he'd crossed in April. McCandless did not have a detailed topographical map of the region and was unaware of a hand-operated tramway that crossed the river eight-tenths of a mile away from where he had previously crossed."

That right there is inefficient and shit tier planning.That or he was suicidal in which case it was terrible way to off himself which again leads to the fact that he was a shit tier planner.

Same boat. You know we are just going to have to get a shitty job and work 8 hours a day like every one else if we want to live in this world. You can't be a NEET forever. I just hope in your neetdom you weren't one of those retards who constantly made fun of wage slaves while taking yourself seriously.

Best part is if he had walked up river he would have lived.

Life is not precious. Anyone who felt anything for him or who has ever felt anything for anybody because they died is a fucking retard.

he didnt give a shit about planning. what dont you understand about that? pay attention next time

This

So why would he be an inspiration? Literally anyone can do what that guy did most wouldn't even die.

why didn't he just use the eagles to get to safety

why be inspired by anything? i guess there are just people out there with a less one dimensional mindset than yourself

Because the government would see the eagles coming from miles away and shoot them down, you moron

wait wtf? who's taking the picture?

All of you that hate this film:

JUST ADMIT IT you only hate him because he didn't have sex with kristen stewart

>smart enough to get into Harvard Law
>not smart enough to learn basic shit about the wilderness and survival
tip top lel

hey come on, kids back then didn't have minecraft

I thought it was a good scene, because it clearly illustrated that he was in fact homosexual.

He couldn't deal with it, so he ran away to the forest.

He died because he didn't prepare..

There is ''exploring nature, and yourself'', and then there is ''walking into nature with a death wish''

If you are looking for the latter, you should also watch Sea of trees instead.

The thing most people don't seem to realize about McCandless story is that he realized he was wrong near the end. His last notes are all about how true happiness is only found with other people.

That's the lesson and inspiration message: your relationships with other people are what's really important. He threw his life away running away from other people because he wanted to prove himself, only to realize he was only happen when he was with other people.

why didn't he just hotwire the bus and drive home?

McCandless is a faggot who only appeals to tumblr-tier pseudo-intellectuals. He was a self-absorbed cunt who didn't give a shit about naturalism as evidenced by the fact that he shat all over the environment and those who preserve it on his little suicide outing into Alaska, combined with the fact that he was either too stupid or too lazy (perhaps both) to learn even a semblance of survival skills. Poached a moose and was too incompetent to preserve it, meaning he killed the animal for nothing. Was so incompetent at navigation that he couldn't use the map he had to figure out there was a hand-operated tram crossing the river he almost drowned in about a half mile away from where he attempted to cross. Oh and the bus he died in? It's literally only 10-20 miles into the "wilderness", all that idiot would have needed to do was build a large signal fire and the park service and fire department would have been there in a matter of hours.

Complete idiot who gives actual survivalists a bad name, but then again I guess guys like Dick Proenneke aren't mopey and brooding enough to draw in the "yeah i went hiking once.......it really changed me maaaan....." morons who identify with McCandless.

The dude was a fairly experienced woodsman. He just got unlucky, didn't plan enough, and made one critical error.

Any human being can do that, even a genius.

This.

There is just a bunch of angsty teenage boys who can't deal with high-school in this thread atm.

>The dude was a fairly experienced woodsman
no he wasn't. the only reason he even lasted as long as he did was cause he brought a sack of rice with him into the woods. his skills consisted of shooting porcupines and rabbits and the funny part is he was so ill informed that he didn't even realize eating on lean small game will give you protein poisoning aka rabbit starvation

To be fair, he was able to live on his own for years before he went to Alaska. In college he would go on extended trips to different places, and between his graduation and going to Alaska, he spent a couple of years living in the desert. Before going to Alaska, he did ask outdoorsmen in South Dakota for advice, but none of them had been there before so he got shit advice.

I'm not defending the guy's choices, but he knew plenty about how to live in the wild. The movie glosses over a lot of it, but he hadn't gotten trapped by the river, he would have lived. Even experienced outdoorsmen get killed by shitty luck and small mistakes all the time.

Why are you upset kek?

If you can't find happiness by yourself, you won't find it anywhere. His happiness was dependent on another and obviously when there is no other, there is no happiness.

But dude, you only yolo once.

what a skinny grill

>Millenial screams FIGHT DA POWER!
>Millenial realizes too late that the Power fights back
>Millenial decides to go back to rich parents but decides to eat granola and berries first
>Millenial dies

Nothing of value was lost. Not even K-Stew's virginity in the trailer park

yes it's so easy right, he also had a lot of tools

Chris Mcandlees was born in 1968 you dumbfuck, he's a decade older than the oldest milennials.

how's the 8th grade going?

youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE

Which movie was better: this or Wild?

Make a corkscrew using only wood and a corkscrew

He's Gen X, moron.

me too except they'll find me in front of my computer starved to death once the stench starts spreading to the neighbors

f-fuck society I'm a rebel!

You tell me.

I have jobbaru.
That starts in a week.
And no savings, so I'm fucked. At least I'm lucky it's starting to get warm here.

>A true tragic hero
If you are gonna fuck off to the woods, you would think priority Numero uno would be knowing what you can eat and not die from debilitating diarrhea.

The funny part is he never actually went that far into the wilderness.

There's literally a small town called Lake Minchumina that's further "into the wild" than he went. It probably only took the dude an afternoon of hiking to get to that bus lmao

>being inspired by a guy who died because he at the wrong fucking plants, when just having a simple survival guide would have fixed it
>being inspired by a guy who flat out admitted he was wrong in the end

wew lad

Dick is a man's man. Tremendous respect for the guy and what he's achieved, along with the respect he showed to his surroundings. But I don't blame people who identify with McCandless, even if he was too idealistic for his own good. A lot of people (especially on this site) don't belong in today's society and have dreams of fucking off with a backpack and some books. Thoreau did the same in the 1850s and wrote Walden about it. Kaczinski was so enamored with the idea of coming back to nature that he wrote a manifesto about it and sent bombs to universities as publicity. As far as I know, we don't know why Dick fucked off. Thoreau did it for the hell of it and came back saying it wasn't an answer, that community was more important than he thought. McCandless had the same realization before he literally withered (the movie clearly shows that he manages to create incredible bonds with the people around him as he progresses, so I think Penn agrees with that conclusion).

But I still want to do it someday. Even if the result is that the romantic thoughts disappear, at least I'll have tried it. At this point in my life, fucking off is pretty attractive.

Nah just a dude that has had some severely bad moments in his life that has made living a normal life next to impossible since I was twelve.
Honestly I'd be content with some shit job living out of a fucking van if I had to.

gq.com/story/the-last-true-hermit

this guy is infinitely better than le reddit bus man

I hate this asshole English major's writing.

>If you can't find happiness by yourself, you won't find it anywhere
Man is an animal of society, you can't deny that. The thing is you need to strike a balance between being happy with yourself and sharing your happiness with others.

That being said it was a really stupid death.

>But Muh GenX!

Not understanding that a GenX crybaby's wails are exactly the same as a GenY/GenZ crybaby's wails.
Its always the pampered rich kids who think they "identify" with the downtrodden and poor.

I guess I agree. But he was a moron for not getting any of that willing 16yr old virgin poontang. Especially since the movie makes it clear that the neighbors and parents all wanted him to fuck her.

He was obviously a massive queer, look at any of the actual pictures of him. His facial expressions and body language are gay as fuck.

>SOCIETY

The truth about immigration, by the numbers:

>youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Cultural Marxists Admit Organizing White Genocide

The plan to eliminate the white race:

>youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI

Cultural Marxism in action… Political Correctness, the tip of the blade:

>youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM

Cultural Marxism & Social Justice Explained:

>youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek

Why are we in Decline - Cultural Marxism:

>youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs

also see

The facts about slavery in North America:

>youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg

Cultural Marxists fund media propaganda against whites on an enormous scale:

> youtube.com/watch?v=-4Ojbi6lXQI

didn't he eat a bunch of poisonous berries and die like a retard slowly and painfully in the Alaskan wilderness?

There's more to life than pussy nigger. Underaged pussy he barely knew no less.
He couldn't just bang her and keep on truckin, and truckin seemed more attractive to him. Continuing his spiritual journey was worth more to him in that moment than banging an overattached underaged chick and sticking around with hippies, because he hadn't found what he was looking for yet.

Hell, he left the old guy who saw himself as his father figure behind. They had developed an insanely strong bond, the old guy was crying in his truck, and McCandless knew this, and he still fucked off. That would be more difficult to me than just passing up on pussy.

Thats a pretty spot-on plot summary. Libtards in dis bread might disagree with you tho.

ITT: smug internet douchebags missing the point entirely

>There's more to life than pussy

Come back after you have finally tried some pussy and then let us know

>He couldn't just bang her and keep on truckin
Why not? It was a hippie commune after all. Seems like sex with no strings attached was pretty much the common idea.

Yes i was just thinking about movies where nature wins. And i remember seeing this piece of shit TRANSLATED INTO SPANISH (thanks ugly ass foreign exchange spaniards).
I was fucking cringing the whole fucking movie and he finally dies and i was the only one laughing.

Any other /naturewinslol/ comfy movies?

Let's pretend his passion was Nascar driving...

Christopher McCandless sets off, from California in an old car he rebuilt himself (he replaced the fenders and painted it), on a trip to the Daytona 500. He only gets across the state line when he runs out of fuel because he forgot to fill it up. Instead of simply walking to the nearest gas station or flagging down help he decides to push his car over an embankment and set it on fire. He then proceeds to walk on foot to the nearest car lot (which happens to be in Mexico for some reason, mostly because he burned up his map in the car and he's been taking backroads.) He finds an old bicycle in a garbage dump and uses that.

He finally gets to the car lot and buys a fixer-upper for $50. Before leaving the car lot he has to change a tire, which he replaces with the solid rubber donut. He buys fuel and heads off to the Daytona 500 again. Only he's heading deeper into Mexico and eventually ends up broken down in front of, "Autodromo Internacional de la Jolla" due to no water in the radiator. The engine block has seized up. Luckily, there's a race about to start. Christopher...er "Alexander Superspeeder", who changed his name, pays the $125 entry fee for the race.

Unfortunately, Alexander Superspeeder doesn't have a race car. He does however have an old bicycle still. He uses the bicycle to race. He makes it only 3 laps before he is too tired to steer straight and veers off into a race car and is killed.

Some Jew picks up his story and writes a book about his life and how he followed his dreams. Another Jew makes a movie about it. Armchair racers around the world adore him.

The End.

Dubs confirms topkek

At least he did what he wanted to do instead of living by the confines of the increasingly oppressive society. That should be enough inspiration. The character in the film is overly pretentious, they could have made him more likeably while retaining the point of his escape from society.

>Come back after you have finally tried some pussy and then let us know
Spoken like a true monkey. Wait, are you projecting? Would explain why you're putting sex on a pedestal.

>Why not?
I don't know faggot, the chick was a dumb 16-year old who thought she'd found true love. She's basically exaggeratedly pure at that point. Not just a random slag. In that situation I couldn't just take her virginity and fuck off, that has a huge impact on a chick, and I'm not looking to cause lasting pain due to some dumb primitive impulse.

this is the dumbest shit Ive seen. Hes using modern tools to make primitive tools?

>chris wants to be a boxer
>leaves his family behind to pursue his "dreams"
>talks about how everyone who doesn't box is a big phony and how the non-boxing world is fake
>never actually learns how to box except for this one time some redneck in south dakota showed him how to throw a left hook (incorrectly)
>buys a pair of boxing gloves
>signs up for a fight
>gets knocked out in 10 seconds
>brain hemorrhage
>dies
>some kike writes a story where he's presented as some heroic underdog Rocky character
>eventually gets a movie deal
i think i'm liking these chris mccandless analogies

>the chick was a dumb 16-year old who thought she'd found true love
You've just described EVERY 16yr old grill.

Nice Fedora ya got there.

Or you know be normal, fuck like bunnies then be friends later on and everyone is cool.