People defend this shit

>people defend this shit

How are you attacking it?

>what is reading between the lines
His uncle raped him as a child, you brainlett
>tfw op literally to dumb to understand star wars

thats just your powerfantasy, degenerate

>top
Doesn't know how to respond. Probably never seen a human corpse before. Mixed emotions as his family are dead but now he can leave them like he always wanted to.

>bottom
Realisation that everything he knows might be a lie and his father who he grew up thinking was a hero is actually a mass murderer

Even as a naiive kid, I always mocked the "THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" line.

Only years later would I truly realize the depth of Lucas' hackness with lines like "GRRRRRR I HATE YOU!" and "NOOOOOOOOO!"

I still loved the OT, and even enjoyed the prequels for their ironic value when they came out.

You really gave yourself away as a manchild Redditor when you assumed that a movie has to be taken seriously as a drama to be "good". This is why your stupid BvS movie sucked; it had no self-awareness of what it was, and tried to pass off as serious cinema instead of popcorn entertainment.

This. Also I think in the bottom one he's just had his hand chopped off.

>Doesn't know how to respond. Probably never seen a human corpse before.
Typically the response to seeing a recently deceased human being as a disfigured corpse is vomiting, followed by severe shock requiring medical attention. And that's if they're complete strangers. Ask an EMT.
>Mixed emotions as his family are dead
The only family he's ever known.
>but now he can leave them like he always wanted to.
That's not how the grieving process works, at least not nearly as quickly as portrayed in this movie. He's completely over it within a day.

>Realisation that everything he knows might be a lie and his father who he grew up thinking was a hero is actually a mass murderer
Sure, that would be a shock. Not nearly as much of a shock as finding your entire family slaughtered and burned alive upon returning home, though.

If human reactions to tragedy and trauma were so uniform they wouldn't be human.

The first Star Wars was a total kids film so they couldn't have the characters get too upset.

Leia reacts like she just missed a bus when her entire planet is destroyed.

>itt: autism photoshops

But they are pretty much uniform. Humans are extremely predictable. Yes, there are exceptions, but there is an overarching pattern.

Luke is supposed to be the everyman, isn't he? So he should follow the pattern.

Humans are predictable in movies, and no, Luke is not an "everyman" he's the fucking hero. Literally everything he does is exceptional.

He has the same JUST hairline since he was in his 20s

Sure, I'll give it a go. In the first case he's got a speeder-trip's worth of time to dwell on the very strong probability his Aunt and Uncle are dead. Then he sees the smoke from far off, all but confirming his dread. Then he sees their corpses. He's more or less given up hope by then.

And in the second, Luke is ambushed with the fact this super evil dude you fear and hate is actually the supposedly amazing father you'd always wanted to meet and who old Ben seemed to think was pretty cool.

One was out of left field, the other wasn't.

People romanticize the originals to a cartoonish degree and are extra bitchy about new ones because they think it will make them come off as deep or cultured to hate new things and glorify the old. Obviously not don't just on Star Wars.

If you honestly watch the old ones, sit there and watch as if you've never seen it before, each and every moment, not skipping boring parts to get a snack or texting on your phone since you've seen it a thousand times...then you realize its mary sues, shit acting, toy selling mish mash rip offs of other stories, etc.

his hand just got chopped off

Remember all one needs is 5 minutes of playing light saber on a piece of crap cargo ship to transform a hillbilly farmer whose combat experience amounts to pest control to becoming the ace fighter pilot in the huge space battle between two seasoned galactic military forces, outperforming seasoned and experienced pilots.

>There are people in this thread right now defending Mark Hamill's acting
Look, I love based Mark as much as the next guy, but the guy is not a good actor

There's like 8 original cuts

>what is the force
>what is downtime

Really makes u think

He doesn't start screaming until Vader drops the bomb. Before that he only seems mildly troubled, like in the other pic.

>Your thoughts betray you, Father. I feel the good in you, the conflict.
>Well, you make a good argument

You don't talk like someone who isn't retarded. Missing a few screws? Where's your self awareness?

>star wars was never good
Wow who knew?

People who have a hard on for Luke, constantly make excuses for his character's flaws, Hamill's bad acting, etc in general seem to be the biggest losers amongst Star Wars fans. They identify with Luke the most and get defensive when his character is mocked because like Luke they're boring, personality-less betas who while they are supposed to be the star of the show, get overshadowed by literally everyone.

You're a fucking idiot. He is a very experienced pilot. Flying his little plane around was like his number one hobby and he explicitly states that he wants to join the Rebels as a pilot, as in, he was already good enough to be a fucking pilot.

He didn't see a vomit-inducing corpse. He saw two blackened skeletons, not nearly as bad as what real people see when they find their family dead.

And he got his hand chopped off seconds earlier, he was in a severe state of trauma.

>Ask an EMT.
Hi. Actual EMT here. You're full of shit. Most common response I've seen in young adults is mild shock expressed as disbelief and/or confusion.

This guy is right. I grew up on a farm and flew my dad's crop duster and really wanted to be a fighter jet pilot so I took a trip down to the Air Force Base and 5 minutes later I was flying a F-22 and won the Iraq War all by myself.

True Story.

oh annie
hold me like you did back in nebraska

This is Tax Policy levels of misdirected autism for a lighthearted heroic space adventure.

>USA won the Iraq war
Bless. Do you still believe in Santa too?

>I want characters to scream and cry in proportion to the body count

frickin pleb

He's a force user so he's tough. Succ it, mitochondria-deficient normies.

>toppled saddam
>installed new regime thats still mostly functional

sounds like a win to me

nothing Luke did had anything to do with him being a superior pilot or a better shot than anyone else

>what is Isis?
Pay attention you stupid cunt

If my fat greasy Italian father came back into my life I'd be upset too

Luke didn't join a profesional military
It's a fucking R E B E L L I O N
they rebel

What is this random parody bullshit supposed to prove about Donald Trump?

>"Luke when the worst injury he has ever suffered is a paper cut."

[citation needed]

That Trump lies about pokamans

>he doesn't start screaming until Vader drops the bomb

He screams his ass off the moment he loses his hand, you complete moron.

this bait sucks

Luke was undoubtedly in shock after losing his Aunt and Uncle.

When my older brother died in a car accident I somewhat freaked out the family because I just was calm and really fucking withdrawn. Took me several months to really open up about it.

Of course it's just a fucking Sci-Fi movie so stop thinking so damn hard.