Question

If it's ok for people to live their lives as if they knew God doesn't exist (atheist), why isn't it ok for them to live as if they knew He does?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof#Proving_a_negative
logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/56/Argument-from-Ignorance
youtube.com/watch?v=_KO6Ga_JuPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

Edgy fedora users

British Empire

Who says its not ok besides edgy neckbeards who think "if god was real he wouldn't have made me ugly!"

>why isn't it okay for delusional idiots to live idiotically and harm others?

well susie it's because crazy people suck

wtf, i hate the uk now

Because if you want to convince me you better get some proof.
>Prove god doesn't exist
Prove god isn't my bitch locked up in my closet. Negatives doesn't need to be proven.

>going to church every sunday
>praying
>helping the poor

How is this harmful?

How can one be delusional concerning a thing that could not be proven true or false?

Because living as if you knew He does involves running over children in France, stoning women to death for being raped and exploding in crowded areas.

welcome to Sup Forums

if you've stumbled upon this thread you're either agnostic (sane) or a shill

ITT the shills will call everyone who is agnostic a neckbearded virgin.

just go ahead and leave now. there are plenty of other threads to get shilled on.

in fact, leave Sup Forums. this place is just an echo chamber fueled by memes of ever-decreasing quality. maybe it'll be decent after the election when less money is being spent on shilling it.

So you give poor people a jobs? Because your welfare is usually the primary reason they refuse to work.

>Negatives doesn't need to be proven.

If they're a negative that can be proven, they must be proven

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof#Proving_a_negative

If you're a muzzie :P

>If it's ok for people to live their lives as if they knew God doesn't exist (atheist), why isn't it ok for them to live as if they knew He does?

First off, I agree it's totally fine for people to believe in god or act as though they do. Folks' religious beliefs are none of my business unless they infringe on the freedom of others.

However your logic is total bullshit. It boils down to "if it's ok for people to do something then isn't it ok for people to do the opposite?" - here's where that gets you:

1. If it's ok for people to feed their kids, isn't it ok to not feed them?

2. If it's ok for people to not murder each other, isn't it ok to murder each other?

And so on.

Good, therefore your god doesn't exist until proven otherwise, thanks for clarification

You didn't understand my example

I'm only talking about living your life according to a fundamental belief that could not be proven true (Gnostic Theism) or false (Gnostic Atheism)

>Good, therefore your god doesn't exist until proven otherwise

Not quite. You're almost there

logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/56/Argument-from-Ignorance

>Believe in ancient man made progenitor of anime characters
>Pulling out ignorance card

Top kek

Are you short-circuiting mate?

I'm explaining to you how logic works

>the assumption of a fact based on lack of evidence
This is exactly what you're doing. Just because you don't think there's a god doesn't mean you're not commuting this fallacy 100%

God exists simple as that

You still didn't prove your god so any discussion on this matter is not logical, unless you have some there's no need to talk about it, at this point we literally talk about anime character created by some dude few thousand years ago.

I don't deny possibility of existence of some higher being but there's no reason to care about it if it doesn't care enough about you to prove itself and the idea that Christian god is 'the one' out of all thousands religions is simply comical.

thread theme :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=_KO6Ga_JuPM

I work for the Eternal Source

I dont know about this "god" of the christian religion, that has rules and judgements and punishes people.

Because the Eternal Source manages all universes and multiverses, all realities. And it doesnt do these things.

This "god" you speak of seems dysfunctional and in need of repair in the fires of creation.

>You still didn't prove your god so any discussion on this matter is not logical,

Dismissing Him on the basis of that is just as illogical

>unless you have some there's no need to talk about it

I have metaphysical evidence for Him. Not empirical

But only to support the existence of a Classically Theistic God (the existence of an ultimate interventionist Creator)

Further than that is my faith

>I don't deny possibility of existence of some higher being but there's no reason to care about it if it doesn't care enough about you to prove itself and

That's a subjective and personal emotional judgement

>the idea that Christian god is 'the one' out of all thousands religions is simply comical.

If you think this is an argument, then the idea of your opinion being right out of all the trillions of opinions is just as comical