Non-native speakers

Do you try to emulate the accent of the closest English-speaking country? Do you spell words the American or British way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=52roqup9cm0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Do you try to emulate the accent of the closest English-speaking country?
No
>Do you spell words the American or British way?
Schizophrenic mixture of both, mostly British tho

I like the ou (instead of o) from British English
I like the z (instead of s) from American English

That's actually how the Oxford dictionaries prefer to do it. The reasoning is that the -our words were actually borrowed from French; the -ize words were not. The Z is the original spelling, and the change to -ise was done to emulate French.

No
I trying to use American english

English is too simplistic and poor, at least it spices it a bit if you spell 'lolour' and speak with their accent.

same

Learned Brit-English, watched, listened and played vidya to Merican-English
I have an American accent so that somehow makes me the ultimate English speaker in my group of friends

I speak like a texan

No Canada I don't want to be your boyfriend !!!

The Majority of here speak a horrible form called Taglish, though if You're not a mongoloid You can probably have a generic American accent.

We spell mostly American.

American English without an American accent. Just plain simple international English.

Bastardized Brit accent. Kind off like the way how most people here speaks English but with even more slurring and stammering because I am half-retarded.

no sane english learner wants to emulate british accent
wichever way i saw first

Was taught british english in school but media kind of gave it american properties.

tfw spelt tons of words such as Defence the British way (and sometimes still do) due to years of playing RuneScape

hey chaps how can there be English english?

Its just the english language, right? You can't be serious about 'american' 'english'.

No
American

I try to emulate the british pronunciation, but let's be honest, I always end up sounding like Sofía Vergara

>sounds like a woman
p-post boipucci

>tfw boatloads of Asian kids come to our schools and all pick up the accent making their parents fucking pissed.

I go full American, to the disgust of my fellow countrymen, though they are impressee by how well I speak it.

Most Norwegians don't bother with accent and just use default Norwegian accent, which I hear is comparable to Welsh accent.

I have dumb pidorashka accent

youtube.com/watch?v=52roqup9cm0

I refuse to pronounce aunt like ant

Because they speak whittu piggu language, or is it just the Aussie accent they don't like?

Russian accent.
Pronouncing w like v and can't exactly say th normally.

i used to have a convincing standard american accent as a teenager, now i speak with an unapologetic french accent with british vocabulary and inflexions

Very bouncy...sing-songy. I like the way you and Swedes sound.
Fine...be that way....
Never stop speaking that way. Russians sound like gangsters when they speak English.

I am content to be understandable for native English speakers, so I put no effort into sounding American, British or what have you

>aвyпй
>ceнкю
kek

Something along the lines of a "standard" English accent, but I roll most of my "r", be it full trill or light irish roll because the English " r" is way too faggy.
French spelling because etimology MUST be respected.

Hi, Anomaly.

Finally someone who is not a worthless anglocuck

the US is closer to Russia than the UK

All the teachers in swedish schools speak with this really gay improvised posh british accent, made me want to slit my teachers throat back in the day.
You always got shit for speaking in american english as well. If you had a rougher accent like cockney you may
as well not bother coming to class because they would lower your grade on your accent alone.

WHY do you even consider to answer, don't you are a native speaker?!

Your flags look almost alike so this makes sense to me. (Y)

I speak and spell it the american way like a filthy pleb.

My dad was a pilot and traveling with him as a kid fucked my accent.

Used to swap between an American voice and a welsh voice constantly. After a few years in the glorious homeland though, its settled into a very normal if a bit cockney aussie voice

No, I try to imitate a general American accent, and I fail at it spectacularly.
A mix of both.

>it's an America thinks they're part of the anglosphere episode

we mostly speak and write in american english because of the prevalence of american media, even if we are taught british english at school

>there are different kinds of english

When will this meme end?

No you don't

Emulated more on Oz accent and spells like bong.

America is part of Latin America, you dumb mongrel.

English is my second language