Luke Skywalker doesn't know Star Wars apparently

youtube.com/watch?v=JBstE89j_7w

Oh boy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wBTJIqbh1Wc
metro.co.uk/2016/06/16/star-wars-episode-8-leak-reveals-reys-origins-and-connection-to-the-jedi-5947639/
movieweb.com/star-wars-8-jedi-secret-rey-past-reincarnated/
youtube.com/watch?v=OIqF030XGpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

inb4 Luke turns to the darkside

>did you have a say in it?
>no!
as if he should? fuck off.

>Implying actors can't have a say in the stories they play in
>Being this dull

there's a difference between can and should

Actors are glorified props
It's like saying that a pen should have a say in the writing of a novel

He loves Star Wars and loves the character he plays, not letting him have a say in how the character is done is indicative of Disney' overly strict content creation. The only reason Dave is still working on Rebels is because they need a poster boy for all the hardcore/gullible fans.

Whatever you say, champ. Real close-minded way of thinking.

This. In another interview, he says the fan theory he would have liked them to go with the evil clone Luke story from the Thrawn Trilogy (which he called an internet fan theory). That would be stupid as fuck, and I'm glad we didn't get a subplot involving Luuke Skywalker out of nowhere.

It's not really a bad thing Hamill didn't get what he wanted. His view of how Luke should turn out has always been kind of weird. Part of his suggestions for ROTJ involved Luke turning evil at the end for no reason except edginess.

this
>waaaah I play dress up and pretend for a living respect my opinion on kino, cinematography and most importantly politics
romans had the right idea of feeding uppity actors to lions, makes for better entertainment

reeee stop trying to educate me just let me be a delusional degenerate

>this level of autism

Its this thread again

he reminds me a lot of nostalgia critic but less autistic

Disney Star Wars has no strong villain and an army of Mary Sue heroes. Evil Skywalker is the only way, especially considering his father became evil too.

>Micks acting like they own the new world

Cry me a river

there's a really nice feeling of self-satisfaction and superiority once you get past the depression

It makes me sad how he really cares, he wants to be proactive and share ideas but alas hes just there to play a character.

>is indicative of Disney' overly strict content creation
Or it's how movies are usually made. Screenwriters, producers, and directors and the ones that make the story, not actors. They're just hired to play a role, and usually don't have much to do with the story, except with people like Edward Norton (who has a hard time finding work now because of his reputation for demanding script changes).

The fact of the matter is that Hamill doesn't know how to create a story, or fit it in with the overall narrative that's being planning (and it isn't his job anyway). He has a personal headcannon he's disappointed isn't being followed, but that doesn't mean anything. It's the same any any other fan being disappointed that the movie didn't do what they expected, or that the EU isn't being followed. I'd rather see a coherently constructed story written by a screenwriter, than whatever hopes Hamil had for Luke. Or Ep. 8 ending with Luke fighting an evil clone of himself.

Actors are there to interpret a character as per the script under the direction of the person responsible for the final product, the director.

^This

He should.
After 40 years of thinking, pondering, and involving himself in everything Star Wars and especially Luke as a character,
he knows better than some dumb newfaggot Director and newfaggot writers who haven't spent more than a few hours in sum of their whole lifetime on the shit.

Rebels is getting cancelled next season and Disney is gonna just make female mc animations after

In this case Mark shows that after years of interpreting Lucas's script he understand the universe better then the HACK new writers.

>The fact of the matter is that Hamill doesn't know how to create a story
The staff who made the first Star Wars movies with Lucas didn't know how to make a story either, yet they were vital in influencing the writing segments so the story doesn't turn out too retarded by forcing George.

Hamill doesn't need to know how to write.
But his instinct and "feel" for what's good and what isn't can influence a story taking the right turn when a writer going through a step where he is faced with over a dozen roads he can take from there with varying effect.

This is the important part you should recognize.
That's why all great stories have a main writer supported by a staff of assistant writers,
so the assistant writers can help him get on a good path, and the few among them who are extremely knowledgeable about the universe/lore can fix the author's plotholes and caution him.

>vital in influencing the writing segments
Lucas wrote the script and got his friends from film school to help out and rewrite the dialogue. The shooting script was the result of Lucas (who had gone to film school and taken classes in screenwriting) and refinements made by other professional screenwriters. For the sequels, he hired Leigh Brackett (a novelist and screenwriter) and Lawrence Kasdan (another screenwriter). At no point did random crew start crafting the scripts, unless you want to count Marcia Lucas re-editing Star Wars.

Hamil has no business giving input to the scripts of the new films, and he's never done anything like that before. He's just disappointed that the writers decided to do something he wasn't expecting, and given his previous "feel" for what would have worked, that's probably a good thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=wBTJIqbh1Wc
JUST

This movie is doomed to suck isn't it? When one of the returning actors realizes how fucked the movie is, it's guaranteed to fail.

Nice image. shit thread that gets posted every hour

his voice is a bit fucked from smoking, what a shame

I, for one, will be glad to witness the fall of the mouse.

>one of the returning actors realizes how fucked the movie is
He's mad he didn't get more screentime in Ep. 7, and is disappointed he didn't get to have fun fighting himself. That sure is damning criticism.

>unless you want to count Marcia Lucas re-editing Star Wars.
and it's not exactly like she was a layman just editing by feel

judging by the trailer Luke probably took the blackpill and Mark doesnt agree with it but oh well

They're literally going to say that men are the dark side and women are the light side in the new Star Wars movie.

There's no hope for this franchise.

it's over.

>Source: ass

Source: Every reliable rumor site for the past year

Rey is the reincarnation of the original chosen one. That's why she's such a super powered Mary Sue in TFA. That's how they're going to explain it.

Sorry that you're triggered but Star Wars belongs to women now.

>Still posts 0 source
>Rumors are now 100% fact

The spoiler sites were accurate for TFA and Rogue One. And it's not my problem if you're not familiar with them. Quit crying about it.

they'll kill him during the promotion of the next Star Wars, feel free to screencap my prediction tbqh

metro.co.uk/2016/06/16/star-wars-episode-8-leak-reveals-reys-origins-and-connection-to-the-jedi-5947639/

>According to the leaked script, Luke basically recounts the secret origins of the Jedi to Rey after taking her on as an apprentice. He explains how it started with two children (boy and a girl) living on what they thought was an uncharted planet with their parents, before the kids start to develop strange powers while standing near a mysterious tree.

>The boy then apparently kills the girl and falls to the Dark Side, but she actually survives thanks to the powers of the tree and becomes the founder of the Jedi order.

>After explaining how the Force could be used for both good and evil, she departs the order and promises to return in a different form in a later life, whether boy or girl.

>Many believed Anakin Skywalker was ‘The One’, but Luke explains how that wasn’t the case – strongly hinting that Rey is in fact the founder of the Jedi order reincarnated.

You'd have to be pretty retarded to take that as a statement that all women are good and all men are evil.

movieweb.com/star-wars-8-jedi-secret-rey-past-reincarnated/

Men = Bad / Dark Side

Women = Good / Light Side

But that's exactly what's happening. Disney is taking an old pagan idea, that women represent life and men represent death and putting it into Star Wars.

Rey is a perfect being, without flaw, the savior of the universe and now the entire 9 film saga is all about her.

youtube.com/watch?v=OIqF030XGpg

based disney working the nerds

Pagans are retarded too user. There's zero reason you should be making this huge leap that these characters are supposed to represent their respective genders.

George Lucas was very much into pagan mythology and so was Walt Disney.

I wasn't aware that either of them had anything to do with the script for these movies.

Try to understand his reasoning in that the extreme people as in, feminists and under shit, will start using star wars as a staple of feminism because it shows that women are good.

However in the way he creates this view is rather extreme, when the only way you can come out with this conclusion is if you do a few mental gymnastics.

They both established a precedent which the modern Disney company is following.

Source?

if they do it's a shitty movie, actors are generally stupid

Wrong. Disney has clearly established their agenda. It's based entirely upon greed.

Disney has never been good at making products based at young boys, the traditional market for Star Wars. With the exception of the Lion King and Cars, most of their boy products have failed to hit the mark.

So they're just doing what they always do, what they do best, they're selling to women.

>TFA = female main character
>Rogue One = female main character
>Battlefront 2 = female main character
>Last Jedi = female main character
>Forces of Destiny = female only focused show
>Episode IX = female main character
>Not one new white male character in a lead role since disney takeover

>only non-movie character getting a comic - female
>one of the only new EU books NOT about movie characters - female protagonist
>only book set prior to The Force Awakens is about Leia
>even the fucking cosplay likeness competition - all female winners

Did you not see Rogue One or TFA? Have you not read any of the new books or comics?

I saw both movies and nothing in those led me to believe that all women represent good and all men represent evil. If there are actual examples in the new books and comics I'll consider your evidence.

Rey = Good
Kylo = Evil

Jyn = Good
Cassian = A blood thirsty assassin

All of the male characters exist in a moral grey area or are completely evil like Kylo, Krennic and Snoke.

This is the new Star Wars friend. It's only going to get worse once you learn the truth in Ep8

>All of the male characters exist in a moral grey area or are completely evil like Kylo, Krennic and Snoke.
What about Jyn's father? He was a good man that was basically a prisoner of the empire. Or the Donnie Yen character. Or Finn in Episode 7.

Old and tired Mouse tactic. Generate "controversy" by activating late 20s-mid30s neckbeard drones who like to whine about Star Wars movies. The sort of people who might seriously need to reconsider their lifestyle choices. Hamill is obviously reading from a script and these dummies eat it up like the predictable retards they are.

>What about Jyn's father?

Moral grey area.

>Or the Donnie Yen character. Or Finn in Episode 7.

Cannon fodder for the female lead.

Comical buffoon for the female lead.

How so? As I said, he was forced to work for the empire against his will.

So that makes them evil? You're not making sense user.

Actors are glorified clowns

t. Actor

>All of the male characters exist in a moral grey area or are completely evil like Kylo, Krennic and Snoke.

This also includes Finn, who after saying he won't kill for the First Order, proceeds to murder dozens of people on behalf off the resistance. People that he grew up with, the only people he's known for years, and people who are fellow conscripted soldiers just like him.

he's just bewildered like everyone else that they turned luke into a hermit beta cuck that abandoned all his friends to die at the hands of the empire/dark side. OT luke would NEVER do that.

Nah, wtf Luke being evil throws away his entire development in the OG Trilogy. At the end of ROTJ Luke loses because he's not powerful or skilled enough to go against the emperor, but also wins his goal in not succumbing to the dark side.

I can see him taking a neutral route as he realizes how broken the jedi order is, but being evil goes against his character arc, which is to not fall in the same footsteps as his father.

>who after saying he won't kill for the First Order, proceeds to murder dozens of people on behalf off the resistance.
Female characters kill in the movies too user. The mental gymnastics you're exhibiting here are impressive, but I'm afraid you're only hurting yourself.

You fucking idiots.

Mark plays a grey jedi with a gray suited mary sue. They are representing lost millennials.

Of course he's going to bitch about his role.

The flaming temple in the teaser represents Kylo the school shooter.

These fucking kike ass jews are emulating reality in fiction so we can get over ourselves.

Fuck you all.

Peace out.

>mental gymnastics

You're in denial son. The facts are right in your face, proven conclusively over and over again.

Such delusion and mental illness

>peace out

human garbage

>The facts are right in your face
They're in front of yours as well. Why you continue to ignore ones that completely contradict your sad hypothesis is anyone's guess.

If they make Luke go dark, it undermines the Return.

And yet he has more invested in that Character than all of us, and all of Disney, Kathleen Kennedy and her harem of dykes, combined. The man said a member of his family is heavily invested in the Lore of Luke Skywalker.

In Walks Kathleen, The cunt, Kennedy and her harem of cunts who hate penises because they're dykes, and the feminist dyke squad at disney and jar jar abrams. Not invested in the character or the lore they are, but they're of the school of frankfurt, out to destroy the last of the patriarchy. I hate them all.

What do I have to do to have hair like that when I'm 65?

Be rich or win the genetic lottery. Preferably both.

I seriously have a feeling Rey is going to bring him being a Jedi.

And I'm going to be furious.

It's like Disney said "Oh you think Rey is a Mary Sue in 7? Wait till you see her fix EVERYTHING!"

>Luke goes dark
Where are you guys getting that from? Nothing in the trailer indicated that.

I love Mark Hamill but he thought the Evil Clone Luke would have been great thing to put in the movie. So I'll disregard everything until I see it.

Episode 7 already threw out most of the OG trilogy, might as well finish the job.

I feel like Ep 8 might be the last star wars movie I bother with. I've already dropped the games and TV shows.

It's almost as if a franchise that was known for having 1 female characters now having a bunch is a horrible thing.

>star wars only had one female character
What? Padme probably had more lines than any single male character in Eps 1-3.

ITT: Disney shills doing their best damage control efforts.

This is a shill thread by disney. Damage control. They realize their SJW/feminist egenda might not be as profitable as they had hoped. So their trying to discredit the last piece they own that actually understands star wars., let alone luke fucking skywalker. Mark Hamill should be rightfully pissed, that Disney is sacrificing artistic itegrity for, "muh it's popular in pop culture, so fuck it". Apple by Disney is rightfully deserved. They want money to admiration, so just give it away.

>They realize their SJW/feminist egenda might not be as profitable as they had hoped

Well, Rogue One made less than half the profit of TFA. Now Rebels isn't doing as well as they hoped and it's headed for it's last season, one year earlier than planned.

Kids have also abandoned the Star Wars toy line, which is now sadly held aloft almost entirely by adult collectors.

>Part of his suggestions for ROTJ involved Luke turning evil at the end for no reason except edginess.

No, that was George. The 1st draft of ROTJ ends with Luke just wandering off into the Tatooine desert as a hermit so that we won't do any damage. Then again in that draft Yoda and Ben come back to life and fight the Emperor and Vader with Luke

>Anakin is literally Jesus Christ of the Star Wars universe
>Disney decides to retcon it and make it this
Lmao Star Wars cucks btfo

What a bunch of shit. Fucking Disney.

Good. Maybe they might make quality, instead of capitilsm marketing plots. They still have yet to figure out what made star wars "magical".

Son did they decide to make the past 6 movie plots centered around anakin irrelevant? Shit pisses me off. I mean they own those other movies too. It's completely idiotic to make them irelevant.

Imagine kids used to "thinking" darth Vader was the epitome of badass villian. Now it's to the point of, "why even make Vader or the previous 6 movie's, if all it means was "oops we got it wrong". Fuck Disney and what they did to this franchise.

still the best Joker tho

It's all he will have after episode IX: the last white male protagonist, comes out this decmeber.

ITT: butthurt autist that can't backup his claims spergs out

Ok, JarJarAbrams, you can stop plugging your youtube channel of edited interview videos now

I just want Luke to go evil so I can hear Mark do the Joker laugh as him

Black lesbian jew-comunist females

it makes for a great Joker though

>kids no longer play with toys

goes to show how the internet has fucking ruined everything

There is no Dark Side.
There is no Light Side.
There are no Sith and Jedi.
There is only The Force.

Poor Mark actually cared about Star Wars.

Well, those toy unpacking videos seem to be a success though.