/Expanse/

As if there's anything to find, out in that desolate void. We are already living on the most attractive planet known to mankind that shelters us from cosmic radiation, meteors, and dangers innumerable. It offers us freely nutrients, food, endless oceans, gravity, companions, music and beauty beyond comprehension.
The most precious blue jewel, that glimmers brightly through the solar system and beyond.

As if I'd ever leave this heavenly paradise for some god-forsaken, dead, lifeless rock.

Humanity has a tough lesson to learn, but only then will it be able to ease the restlessness and greed poisoning its heart that always seems to yearn for more. The truth is, we're the wealthiest in the known universe, and we don't even realize it.
We must look deep into ourselves, see this planet, truly see it, as if for the first time - and finally find harmony and peace where it all begins: at home.

all belters need to be spaced

True, the show would be better off without them.

Except Drummer, she can stay

the only good one on this list is drummer

i want bobbie to beat me up, spit on me, and then sit on my face

desu

But then how would Earth and Mars get their resources?

congrats

doubles and trip(per)s are good too

if im not getting the belter whore im literally KMSing myself

plz

What need does an Ocean planet have for water?

Only Martians need Belters.

are you retarded? the only thing belters arent mining is water

row

I don't know space, but why can't they just mine ice or something? Go to Hyperion and get some ice and melt it.

Why wouldn't this work?

Picture from the Cassini probe, what Earth looks like from Saturn

For those who are curious, you can see the Earth from outside the solar system as well, also known as the "blue dot"

i can see your mum from outside the solar system lel

Kek

Are you even watching the show? Where the fuck do you think water comes from to Mars, in order to terraform it? Belters are mining the ice in the asteroid belt.

It's literally the plot of the first season. The Canterbury was called the ICECRAWLER. Moron. kys

>was called the ICECRAWLER
>picture clearly says ice trawler
Who's the moron? Anyway, instead of bullying people, can we talk about how I rolled for Bobbie and got it? How great is that?

calm down autismo season 1 came out 3 years ago

shiiieeeet. my bad. I overdosed on coffee.

but my point is true though, Belters are mining ice for mars

all the characters are annoying

I wish they just copied cowboy bepop and flew around all comfy mining rocks n shit like that

There are at least 9 books written or planned. You think Syfy will allow a show to go on that long?

Don't even bother getting invested.

Even when it was SciFi, the longest shows ever ran for was 4 seasons.

Hope you faggots enjoy reading.

hmmm

julie or chicken can bitch get

yolo

>as the "blue dot"

this is plebbit as fuck

Sorry for trying to bring actual science to this thread

power bump

post the webm

No. I won't post the enemies weapon against me.

But I will unveil the prototype ThreadBuster Mark II to you though:

There are only two seasons left for GoT. You think GRRM will actually be able to finish his books in that time?

Don't even bother getting invested.

Even when he was focused on writing, the smallest gap between books was two years.

Hope you faggots enjoy watching.

>Even when it was SciFi, the longest shows ever ran for was 4 seasons
Why make this up when the actual longest were only a season longer and still nowhere near enough?

>Why make this up

Heh. Thanks for the (you) kiddo. That's why.

Here's your beautiful Belter gf, you've earned it, good roll

Over 50 belters died last episode, it was a good week.

but you didnt dumb fuck

There's no guarantee that will last.

We should colonize the fuck out of space.

We can launch countless mass-produced clones of ourselves into space, and effectively colonize the universe.

We'll never go extinct.

>ywn crush her bones by violently fucking her

this is my gf. lets all say something nice to her.

She has a very healthy appetite

she eats some mean cucumber

anyone have the cucumber webm? was qt as fuck

MUHREENZ
U
H
R
E
E
N
Z

>we are already living in Europe, which is better than those shitty colonies, why explore, exploit, and colonize anything beyond where I am currently standing?
ur dum

They are mining other stuff than ice, dumb dumb. Asteroids dare lousy with heavy metals like platinum and gold and shit.

always kill a traitor before an enemy.

robots

Alright

isaac pls

>There's no guarantee that will last.
>if we colonize space we'll never go extinct

Rolin

>its a more than 5 belters in 1 room episode

mars a shit

She's so perfect bros!

It has a dry moon with millions of inhabitants. Try blasting water up a gravity well.

>Flag still shows Phobos
top kek

Oh I've tried, I've tried.

If I removed your cucumber sandwich, would you die?

GET BACK HERE SOLDIER

actually, there is water on the moon.

And just what are you trying to imply? that Earth has the power to send dreadnaughts into space but can't send a couple of tonnes of water to Luna?

pls.

Literally looks like the character from some decades-old B-movie

>WHITE PEOPLE the picture

I just want to hug her and tell her

>"It'll be okay. Sup Forums doesn't really mean the mean stuff they say about you. They're just jealous of your cucumbers. You're actually their favorite character."

Just wanna let her know the truth

>You're actually their favorite character.

No, it's Grannyfu, Drummer, then Bobby. But hey, she's in the top 3.

You really think humanity will stay just fine if we stay on just one damn planet?

We'll have a much better chance of immortality as a species if we hedge our damn bets.

I know I love that fucking guy and his 80s Oakleys. Literally laughed when he came on screen. The martian costumes are generally terrible, actually not too fond of the costumes in the show generally. The main cast look like ghostbusters this season.

Of course you're right
all im saying is that if there's no guarantees then going to space could be the thing that wipes us out somehow

I got curious about how the amount of water on the moon would compare to earth in relation to the surface area. Little rough math:

>In March 2010, it was reported that the Mini-SAR on board Chandrayaan-1 had discovered more than 40 permanently darkened craters near the Moon's north pole that are hypothesized to contain an estimated 600 million metric tonnes (1.3 trillion pounds) of water-ice.
Which equates to about 130,000,000,000 gallons, on just one pole.

Which sounds like a lot but earth has appx:
352,670,000,000,000,000,000 gallons of water.

Stopping right there and eyeballing the numbers it looks to me like the moon is a lot dryer than earth even if you melted it all. They'd either have to be really efficient with what they have or ship some up there.

>say something nice to her.
I guess her acting has improved slightly since the start of the season

We're not all going to go to space. We can clone the entire human population and send it out to individual planets. There will be automatic genetic divergence from that point on, due to the different environments.

how much spook will be in tonight's episode? last week I got scared

If we travel beyond our solarsystem we might be considered competition and get stepped on by ayys

>You really think humanity will stay just fine if we stay on just one damn planet?
If our species stops being a greedy little bitch, thinking of only itself yeah. Look at yourself. You'd send people into space colonizing without even knowing what kind of lasting effects it could have on them. FYI we can't even reach high orbit without running into the Van Allen radiation belt.
Who knows, it might as well be that this show is right and you'd have a bunch freakishly tall monsters on your hands that can't even handle breathing on the surface of Earth after a few generations.

Or microbes. In space there are no microbes, fungi nor bacteria. We're only just starting to understand that our gut flora is detrimental to our health. It digests your food for you,protects you from illnesses and rival organisms. When the gut flora is damaged obesity, diabetes, allergies, various cardiovascular disorders or even cancer are very likely to appear in the body.

That is with a merely injured gut flora. When toddlers put everything in their mouth, cat tails, houseplants and most importantly, soil, they're effectively training their immune system and likely creating their own gut flora which they partly acquire from their mother's milk, because the earth is ripe with bacteria and a lot of them are quite beneficial to us actually.
So how do you think people would fare without it in space? Or what if shit goes wrong and our microbes turn against us?

We're tied to this planet in more ways than you could possibly imagine.

Wish she'd die so they could recast her.

>muh stronk woman

desu one thing scifi shit never properly accounts for is the very real and serious limitations of space travel. people always like to compare it to the age of discovery when no one knew about the americas, but its simply not comparable to space.

the sheer distance alone is a near insurmountable obstacle. the utterly inhospitable nature of space is another.

and its funny, because even though this show might not be "hard scifi," it definitely works to stay grounded in reality. but even the epstein drive is space-magicked out of nowhere to even make the story work

Shit taste: the post.

>liking le annoying gimmick voice lady that can't act

tippy top pleb

Anyone have a SyFy stream?

why does this show have to end
i need my fucking space kino

There's really not much discovery in this. Pretty much all destinations are places people have known about for dozens of not hundreds of years. The tiny numbered asteroids they sometimes come across I assume were close enough to a human outpost that they were named automatically by some sort of scanning system. The Mormons are doing their thing, but everyone besides them thinks they're idiots for exploring. The drive is kind of bullshit though.

No, I agree. I was more referring to the anons arguing about space colonization and shit.

I like that the Expanse stays solidly in the solar system (and really the inner planets). But even then, you still need the magical Epstein Drive for the story to work, where Earth to Mars is only hours instead of weeks.

For me, it's the Three.

well you got um 'her' wtf are you going to do now?

20 bings lads

Mourn

www.stream2watch.cc/live-television/united-states/syfy-live-stream STREAM 2

www.arconaitv.me/sify/

from my point of view the earthlings are evil

based beratna

i miss adam jensen desu

HERE WE GO BAYBY

is the magicians any good? seems pretty fucking dumb

Actually only the arconai link is working

rolling for 66 or 00

so they didn't go hunt the ayy lmao?