Yfw it's pretty good

>yfw it's pretty good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KT-iMLKhdTE
youtube.com/watch?v=64PZt2zvtog
youtu.be/4RHVoFpncgA
youtube.com/watch?v=C8B2_vbJtBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>yfw the movies they are doing commentary on are better than the commentary itself

worst show ever

First episode wasn't too great but it gets better after that. Mike will always be the best host though.

Best intro: youtube.com/watch?v=KT-iMLKhdTE

>memery reddit theater memethousand

Felicia is cute CUTE!!!!

>guys do I fit in yet

dropped when I found out she isn't really a lesbian

I think the format doesn't work. Every joke feels like it falls flat because (unlike when people actually make jokes while watching shitty movies) there's a moment of awkward silence after each one which is followed immediately by another quip.

The movies are pretty fun to watch and the occasional joke is even pretty funny but there's something deeply uncanny about how its presented that makes it unwatchable.

Go make another prequel apologist or DC thread, fagtron.

I'm confused by your complaint. Do you want a laugh track or something?

No but the show currently plays like one of those clips you can find on youtube of a sitcom which had a laughter track that was then taken out. It comes across as artificial and weird because it is artificial and weird.

I'm sure it was pretty funny when they were joking around in a room coming up with these quips when watching the movies for the first time but because they're then recorded and the whole thing is presented to us without the other characters even responding to the jokes made it comes across really weird and even a funny line appears to fall dead.

Sitting around with friends making jokes about a shitty B-movie is funny and some of the jokes made in MST3K are pretty good but the nature of the show saps any humor from it.

Yeah I guess. I suppose I'm just used to it because I was a big fan of the show during the later Comedy Central years so I was already familiar with the format.

>being this pleb

Seriously.

holy shit i just realized this reboot will be a lot of people's first viewing of the show like this poor user

I think you mean Joel. That's okay though as long as we can both agree that Jonah is a fat, numale douche that has no place on the show, at all. Felicia is okay, though.

what's the best episode of the new season and why is it The Time Travelers?

Felicia comes across as "look at me, I'm such a lol ran-dumb girl geek!" Also, everyone is so fucking old on the show, it looks like these old geezers are just playing around in a super high budget middle school production, its fucking cringeworthy to watch so far.

From a newcomer's point of view it really isn't that bad.

Voices are disappointingly different
Jonah is okay
They rehash jokes too much (GoT reference, do you have the wifi password?, this guy is using a cloth so let's make [squeak] noises, etc.)

It's acceptable. If they do another season I'm confident they'll improve.

its pretty similar to the early stuff but has a sort of streamlined feeling, which is a mixed bag
new servos voice sucks
jonah is bland and forgettable which is perfect

i was worried about felicia and patton because theyre really bad at acting in the traditional sense
then i realized that the original mads were all also terrible actors, and were only ever acceptable due to the fact that they brought a lot of energy to their roles, which felicia and patton do

theyve also like, focus group chosen these movies to be good to riff on
a problem i had with the original was that sometimes the movie was so dreadful they couldnt even save it

The show didn't HAVE to be remade. Joel worked with Jonah and they both help create/write/promote the show. He has a place on the show, you just don't like him. So just say "I don't like him"

Have you ever seen our spoiler tags?

It's average once you decide to skip the skits and when they're not machine gunning the riffs. They're decent enough at the riffing bit when they're not going too fast.

>Sup Forums suddenly hates/is indifferent to classic MST3K
sad

Isn't my dislike of him implied (if not explicit) in my post? Of course I don't like him. He is a terrible host. Great detective skills, though.

>flying servo
>gypsy commentary why
>DUDE WEED LMAO
>star wars references in nearly every episode
>netflix shilling
>patton oswalt commentary in the break segments
4/10 bring back mike

It's good.

The cold opening skit isn't good. Open it like normal.

Some Mads skits have to be cut up with fake static because they can't do them in single takes? That's some shit.

Jonah is a good host.

New Crow almost nails Trace's Crow.
New Tom is growing on me, but Kevin will always be Servo.

I like Gypsy's new voice. As much nostalgia as I have for the old setup there, she was at times hard to understand.

The Gypsy entering in to drop stuff off is distracting. Just have her riff for a segment once in a blue moon.

I still feel like there's bad blood between Joel and Mike, but both are too professional to ever admit it publicly.

I haven't watched the originals in a long time but I don't remember the jokes being insufferably quickfire. I haven't seen the new one yet but I keep seeing that complaint all the time now.

I'd seen bits of old episodes before and felt exactly the same, never been able to sit through a whole one. If your first foray into shitty B-movies was MST3K I can see why you'd be fond of it and some of the jokes are funny.

It is, however, basically unwatchable if you've watched a lot of these sorts of movies without the quips. I really want to like it but don't.

Several interviews Joel and Mike both talk about how hard it is to get movies that are even Riffable.

Manos might be the worst movie they've done, but they mention there are films out there that are so bad, nothing, not even riffing, can make them watchable.

>Some Mads skits have to be cut up with fake static because they can't do them in single takes? That's some shit.

Haha I noticed that too. The bubble effect is used for a cut inbetween bad takes. It's shameful.

>The Gypsy entering in to drop stuff off is distracting. Just have her riff for a segment once in a blue moon.

I hate this cause she always says her line on the way out, so you can time it when she speaks. The delivery doesn't feel natural and like you said, It's SUPER distracting and annoying.

The fun thing about the show was it was kind of like sitting with your friends watching a shitty movie and making fun of it. It's basically a simulator of that. Unless you have unfunny friends you're more likely to have more fun with actual people though. This new series is either a sad cash grab or just the creator loves the show. Them using kickstarter kind of makes it seem like the former.

patton oswalt murdered his wife

Boycott the show

The Time Travelers was the first one where the riffing felt natural, like the old show

this exactly.
it was great to watch with friends or if you were alone and wanted funny background noise.

it's not meant to be something you sit down and watch intently

>2017
>shill threads

No.

>never been able to sit through a whole one

>It is, however, basically unwatchable if you've watched a lot of these sorts of movies

Kill yourself, my man

u misspelled yongary

I try to distance actors personal lives from their work, but this is just too much

end this meme

Like how patton ended his wife?

so its just like the old show then?

Quips are way too scripted and are rarely actually funny
Why do people like this as opposed to just watching friends hang out and make jokes naturally?

Yeah the presentation for this new season is bugging me too. It feels like everything's a half-second too early and nothing is getting a chance to breath. It's like they're scared they're going to miss the cue so they're rushing through it as fast as possible. They're not flowing with the movie like the used to.

Maybe that's something they have to get acclimated to but I don't know if that can happen the way they seem to be filming now.

Has anyone made a compilation of just the skits and cutting out all of the movie commentary? Because the skits are the only funny part

>friends

Watching friends, user
like this
youtube.com/watch?v=64PZt2zvtog

Yeah, just like Mitchell

>the skits are the only funny part

I enjoy the new episodes a lot. I was worried about Felicia Day but her and Patton do a pretty good job as the new Mads.

One thing, did they ever establish why like once an episode Gypsy will randomly drop down to make a joke and then grab a shopping bag or something off the floor?

Gypsy sucked in the old show and sucks even worse in this one

dude running gag lmao

WOMEN ARE FUNNY GET OVER IT GAAAAWD

honestly idk

so there is a female during the riff segment. it is illegal to have only white males on any show in 2017

>not watching the superior Canadian version of MST3k

This new shit cements the fact that Mike > Joel forever and ever, amen.

Rifftrax is far superior to this garbage Joel shat out in order to become relevant again.

>Host
Joel > Mike
>Writer
Mike > Joel

This looks embarrassingly bad, even for Canada

Also, fuck Canada

youtu.be/4RHVoFpncgA

So...Mike > Joel. Right. That's what I said. Mike produces better content and always has. Mike has always been superior to Joel and that is evidenced by the show's jump in quality when Mike joined as a writer. Joel's best episodes were written by Mike.

I wasn't outright disagreeing with you.
The high point of the show were Joel's episodes where Mike was head writer.

>Gypsy sucked in the old show
Fuck. You.

Here's some friends making fun of movies kino. Also really early youtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=C8B2_vbJtBI

I prefer Mike's attitude because Joel always sounded so bored all the time, but Joel had a lot of quality episodes

You're slightly disagreeing with me, I think, and that makes you a retard because I'm preaching the word of God.

Mike
>
Joel

Full stop.

Joel and Mike were both good in different ways, Mike had better quips and personality.

This new guy is pretty bland so far, not terrible, but he is a pretty neutral personality

>the canada song
fug i keep forgetting how good that was

I think that's good personally, since the bots need a straight man to bounce off of

even the best straight men have some sort of personality

A of the best straight men have a dry, sarcastic sense of humor and play off the audience. That's why those variety shows were so successful back in the day, the straight man was usually charismatic and charming and supremely sarcastic.

This guy is just dull. No soul.

Just saw Avalanche. Funniest one so far.

People keep saying Jonah is bland but I liked his music segments

>GoT reference
Yep, never gonna watch this shit

This seems pretty polarizing but overall its not bad.
I doubt i would put any of these in my top 30 episodes but they certainly are better or worse than a good chunk of mst3k

3 episodes in.
Gypsy has yet to make a good joke.

This is terrible.

The new voices for Tom and Crow also aren't distinct enough.

god

DAMN

Gypsy drops off the props they use.. like the drones, cowboy hats, horse, etc.

They did a redone version of the Canada song in one of the little commercial bumpers on the new show. Sounded familiar as hell and it didn't click until a minute. IIRC it was the first or second bumper on Time Travelers.

how is this not imgurian gamer craft beer numale reddit bearded glasses wearing faggfodder

This show is so lame

this guy is right

You're all shitting on reddit, but love this show. That doesn't make sense

good point

It's weird. I was very used to Joel as host, and I could never get into Mike as host. Not sure why he didn't work for me.

This new host is not bad, but I'm not a fan of whoever is doing the voice of Tom Servo.

>New voices fucking blow
>Patton wifekiller cuck is unfunny
>Felica omgsuchanerdxd opportunist whore has no place
>fatty mcnoskill can never replace Mike

IT'S SHIT

S
H
I
T

Why are people so triggered by Oswalt? Is it seriously just the liberal crap? People can't seriously be that thin skinned.

He's an insufferable cunt.

It's like asking why people don't like Andy Dick.

I don't think I'll ever watch it. I like the old show, but a show built around the nostalgia for the old one does little for me.

Well see, it may still happen. But as of right now I'm not interested.

Plus I disliked the vast majority of the cast.

>WOW THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY WHITE PEOPLE IN THIS MOVIE, WHERE'S THE DIVERSITY? COME ON! IT'S 2017!
Every. Fucking. Episode.
It really should have been called NuMale Science Theater 3000: The Reddit

except:
- it's not
- this was in the original too

He got away with murder, just like Caitlin Jenner.

These people are proof of our crooked system

>He got away with murder
this is the most retarded meme

LITERALLY NAME THE EPISODES

I am not even bothered by jokes about lack of diversity, but True MST3k never made jokes about that. I have watched over 9000 hours of MST3k, I cannot recall a single joke, so name the episodes.

>twitter SJWs get triggered
>the show

THIS SHIT IS FUCKING HORRIBLE

SAGE ALL R E D D I T THREADS

>Is it seriously just the liberal crap?
Yes,
He's an unfunny leftist now.

>- this was in the original too
The original wasn't SJW at all.

wait, its out already?