Did you like it Sup Forums?

Did you like it Sup Forums?

I think some parts were a bit over the top, but overall it was pretty good. The suicide scene was pretty rough, specially her parents reaction. I'll admit I have a rather weak stomach so I felt pretty affected by the end.

The lead actress was a top qt. Beautiful eyes.

Also the fact that Tumblr, Hufftington post & co. hate is as good endorsement as any.

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/entry/stranger-things-star-advises-people-not-to-watch-13-reasons-why_us_58f77251e4b029063d35a4a3
stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/91705246/13-reasons-why-glorifies-suicide-in-the-worst-way
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The rape scenes was good.

What bothers me is the main character is constantly fucking stressing about who did what and what's going on, instead of just listening to the fucking tapes.

Jesus christ, so much could been avoided if he just listened to them all the way through. But instead he just bitches about "muh anxiety attack" every time he listens to the tape.

It's completely fucking unrealistic.

I mean the kid was losing his shit. Hallucinating and all.

I mean ... she didn't say no, right?

Yes, i liked it a lot. It is obviously a teen drama. A really well made teen drama. If one can't understand that, you can't possibly like it.

Have you ever lost someone close to you user? Well, he loved her, she was close and she commited suicide. I think ''completely fucking unrealistic'' is completely fucking wrong. By the way, not everything has to be a documental you know, in movies you're allowed to exaggerate.

Why did they hate it?

I don't think they really did, every normie I know likes this show. I don't think a normie would want to give a negative opinion on a suicide plot to be honest

Because it "romanticizes" suicide.

You see user, how can a pretty straight cis white girl feel depressed when she is so privileged?

huffingtonpost.com/entry/stranger-things-star-advises-people-not-to-watch-13-reasons-why_us_58f77251e4b029063d35a4a3

stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/91705246/13-reasons-why-glorifies-suicide-in-the-worst-way

this, she wanted the D

shit was good i only have two episodes left but i took a break after clay's tape. sure there are some cringey moments and you want to scream at some of the characters but it's been a nice little mystery so far.

>Why didn't you fuck me when I was still alive?

When she cut her hair she dropped from an 8 to a 6 in a heartbeat

>because you yelled at me like a crazy cunt and you were a drama hoe

>Vast majority of suicides are male
>Show focuses on a cute teenage girl who killed herself because the boy she liked left when she told him to leave.

Also, the whole meme about "the bullied loser going school shooter" is lame. The profiling is way off, most of them aren't bullied to any high degree, that holds especially true for the Columbine shooters who were at worst,very lightly bullied.

user, welcome to your tape

My biggest problem is how do you only get 3 day suspension from pot? That shit should have gotten clay arrested

Was Bryce actually /ourguy/?

This is a big point for me. I think they managed the thriller/mystery part vert well. I almost watched the whole thing in a day because as soon as I finished one episode I wanted to know what happened next.

Also the warm/cool palette to differentiate the flashbacks from the present was aesthetic as fuck.

I subbed for an art teacher today and a girl in my fifth grade class said she watched this. Did she like it?

The only one tyler decided not to kill is one who shot himself in the head

>"GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE"
>Okay, what did I do wrong?
>"JUST GET THE FUCK OUT"
>Okay, fine.
>"By the way, if you had just stayed in this room, then everything would still be okay and this girl won't get raped and this other girl won't drive drunk and indirectly cause the death of your second best friend, but it's somehow your fault that you complied with what I asked of you."

This fucking show, man.

>This fucking show, man
I think it was a very faithful representation of women desu.

Ya that was annoying as fuck, like you stupid cunt you knew you were wrong don't fucking try and make the kid feel bad. Goddamn I'm mad again.

Rip in peace Kyle, you were such a bro.

Bit teenage girls are like that. Also this proves Bryce wasn't wrong

Lyle didn't even get drunk the dumb black bitch made me mad

>DUDE This guy won't fucking leave until I very specifically admit that I raped a girl using the exact word "rape", but I don't think anything suspicious is going on LMAO

Bryce played himself.

I kind of felt bad because she (ostensibly) was a virgin.

Do schools where you can skip classes frequently with no accountability exist? I mean it doesn't seem like a nigger school or anything but no one fucking goes to class and they just fucking leave whenever they want

What the fuck was her problem? Even the arrogant poetry faggot thought she was shit

Was she a hidden sociopath?

Why did they totally half-ass the makeup on this scar?

How did he get the scar again? I realized like halfway through the series that his scar wasn't going away and it was really obnoxious

He got it from biking in the dark.
The only reason that scar exists is to differentiate him in flashbacks.

Fell of a bike. It was a device to show people when it was a flashback vs a present scene.

Wasn't that kid's name Jeff? But yeah he was a bro

>tfw you didn't have an extroverted popular friend in high school to help you get out of your shell and talk to girls

OMG user, I didn't know you were such a STONER EX-DEE

>chinks
>having a soul

Pick exactly one

She was raised by white men though so I thought maybe she'd be taught Western values like empathy and personal responsibility

He really fucking needed stitches for that

Watching it right now. It looks like just another "Dumb girl falls for asshole guy and get depressed later and expects me to feel pity" type of show, am I right? I hope there's someting that can keep me interested.

Is there going to be a season 2? I guess it's based on a book which basically ends where the season ends, but potential school shooter kid seems like an intentionally loose end

Keep watching.

they said cause he had a spotless record etc.

She has more going on in her life that makes her more sympathetic, but at basically every turn she makes the palpably wrong choices

Dude barely knew her for less than a school year and he clearly wasn't that close to her. Him getting so worked up is ridiculous and only serves to milk drama and stretch the story out.

I though this scene was pretty aesthetic. Also the lack of music made it very eerie.

Uhh, he knew her for a year and a few months. That's enough time to develop feelings for someone.

Fuck. Forgot pic.

Completely agree, fantastic scene. Wasn't expecting it to be that graphic.

I liked that it was so eerie and brutal, this might stray into normie territory but the criticism that this series glorifies suicide a little isn't necessarily wrong, so showing that it's painful and unnecessary at the end was a good touch.

>main character is supposedly a shy outcast but he has everyone's number, knows everyone's name, goes to parties, is a prominent member of the school, and even has a few girls who might want his cock

showmakers don't know true autism

How does it glorify suicide exactly? The tapes and all the fallout they caused could be a motivator for somebody to play copycat, if that's what you mean.

I also couldn't believe how well done the acting was when they found her, especially her mom...The slow realization that sweeps over her...

It was well made, But I really don't like Hannah's character.

Why does Tumblr and Huffington post hate it?

>The tapes and all the fallout they caused could be a motivator for somebody to play copycat, if that's what you mean.

Yeah, basically meant that. Teens are literally mentally impaired, their brains are going crazy through puberty. Wouldn't really recommend this show to actually potentially suicidal people

the mom's initial shock and denial was great, whoever she is she's an amazing actress

>How does it glorify suicide exactly?

Not that user, But I think it portrays suicide as the "ultimate payback", I can see a lot of young people thinking this exact thing. Seeing this realized in a tv show only validates their retardation.

>whoever she is
You've NEVER watched Grey's Anatomy?

I enjoyed it but the show had it's flaws.

Hannah's character was horribly written. she was barely made to have any flaws. The only times when she made a decision that negatively affected someone else was the first rape scene. Even the scene with Clay was played off of the fact that she was traumatized. If they added some scenes where she was a bitch or obnoxious her character would be more realistic. You could combat this with us seeing her vision of the past and she could be an unreliable narrator but I believe it was just shitty writing. The story was also too perfectly depressing with all those terrible events happening to her in that span of time.

Jeff's death had more impact than Hannah's whole story. I felt bad for Justin by the end more than I did for Hannah. The parents of course were who I felt the most grief for.

I wish that they wrapped everything up at the end and I hope there is no second season.

I haven't seen this yet, what's it about? Looks like more white nu-male villainizing.

>the mom's initial shock and denial was great
It really was very powerful.

Tbh the only reason I haven't an hero is because I couldn't do that to my mum.

If a suicidal teen sees that, sees how a parent can react to that shit, and still goes through with it frankly they deserve to die. Parents shouldn't burry their children.

>Looks like more white nu-male villainizing.

Naw, just males in general. Some girl kills herself as a way of enacting revenge for getting her feelings hurt. She records 13 tapes that are directed at 13 different people and how they drove her to kill herself. She's easily the worst part of the show, The main character is the "nice guys that isn't like most evil guys" because he's a slave to her, surprise.

Actually only 12, because one guy gets TWO tapes.

>Hannah's character was horribly written. she was barely made to have any flaws.

I mean she made the wrong choices at just about every turn, which she acknowledges. Her life was not a straightforward "people screwed me over for no reason" deal.

She continues to associate with people who she should know are shitty people because she's desperate to fit in somewhere. Her on again off again friendship with the black girl in particular

She was very much portrayed as someone who "got screwed over for no reason". She did make stupid choices but there aren't any situations where she was actually mean or selfish besides the one with Clay. Even when it came to Jessica and Alex, it was portrayed like one day they refused to talk to her anymore. If they added a scene where Hannah was being a bitch it would make more sense.

Clay was not a slave to her. Yeah he did have feelings for her but at no point did he go out of his way to please her. There were times when he called her out on stuff, after those pictures get leaked and then when she wanted to talk about the Jeff situation.

>tfw used to be a guidance counselor and saw those kids who are ambiguous and vague about their issues constantly

really sympathized with the counselor, you can tell he's trying to be helpful to students and do the right thing but he's fundamentally restricted by his own lack of authority and by the tendency of kids to think no one can possibly know what they're going through

>The mythos of current year white traditional men.
>Two faggot fathers.

Yeah, I can see how you would get mixed up there.

>She was very much portrayed as someone who "got screwed over for no reason".

She is an unreliable narrator. It is implied many times. Clay even says something like "that's not how it happened" and Tony says "That's her truth".

Add to that the fact that people tend to overlook the faults of the dead. Clay wanted a "good memory" of Hannah. And since he (and the tapes) is the narrative device you get a rosy picture of her.

>Uhh

Leave now. Go back.

She was clearly trying to get free, fuck off.

>She is an unreliable narrator. It is implied many times.

basically only by that girl who refuses to admit that she's gay though, all the kids on the tape seem to cave in the end and admit responsibility, even if they were acting in self-interest

That is definitely a logical explanation. I do feel that it is more of a writing issue.

I could also see it being that they did not want to make her a bad person because it might convince a depressed teen to actually kill themselves.

this.

BTW who forwarded him that pic of Hannah that Justin took?

I was making a joke. There is no need to be upset friendo.

more like trying to get free dick, amirite?

>Goes to 2 parties during 3 years of highschool
>It is not hard to get someone's number these days especially in highschool
>Seeing people 5 days a week will get you to remember people's names
>He didn't get involved in anything besides being a tutor
>He was cute I want his cock too

Think about how your life could be if you tried a little bit user.

I get a little autistic sometimes, sorry faggot
ayy

>watch this scene
>cut my life into piece this is my last resort starts playing
This music felt inappropriate don't you guys think?

I see your point now. The tapes were essentially revenge, in a way.

Especially the way she did it, that was the "ultimate payback." The only way she could've made it more vengeful is if she popped herself in front of everybody.

The Asian guy didn't throw the note away.

I actually was upset for 1 day and a half after finishing the show :(

I would swap Zach with the faggot.

>The Asian guy didn't throw the note away.

Shit i forgot about that, fair enough. all these loose ends really do seem to imply a second season

also Asian girl was pure evil, I hate people who hide their self-centeredness behind smiles and a good reputation

Wow one of the only charts of those I've seen thats actually really accurate, like this is pretty perfect.

I'm still upset almost a week after finishing it. This show really hit me on a personal level.

if she did that it would have turned into this.

Every scene with her parents left me gutted. Shit was rough.

He had mental problems, retard. Why do you think his patents wanted him back on medication?

That's what it looks like at first, but there is a little more to it than that

>Bryce
>Chaotic Evil
>kicks Clay's ass instead of raping him

which one?

>tfw even after getting outed as a rapist (if he really was a rapist since we've established that Hannah is a potentially unreliable narrator) Bryce still seemed to care about Justin when he had nothing to gain from it

He also stood up for photographer school shooter kid and gives out free weed. Is he really a bad guy? Could Justin's own perception of how Bryce raped Jessica have been shaped by how Hannah relayed the story on the tapes? He was certainly drunk as hell. Maybe ruining their friendship was another way for Hannah to get revenge

fuck this show really, i tried to like it but it kinda shits on people with actual problems, my mom is suicidal so when i see the show peddle stupid as fuck problems for a suicide minus the rape though it just ticks me off like really i got told i have a nice ass big whoop.

The whole thing really hit me hard too. I have been all apprehensive since I finished it.

Apart from the general empathy that I felt for the characters, and this is going to sound really dumb, but what kind of bummed me the most was that I never had anything intense (good or bad) happened to me in my life. It's all been very dull.

I would like to have had a crush like Clay had, I would like to have a person that I'd care so much that I would start losing my mind if they were gone. I would like to have felt something, anything, even pain when I was in prep school. I feel I haven't lived life because I haven't felt anything, I haven't connected with anyone. I live through the fiction of movies because there is nothing else in my life.

>someone says you have a nice ass
>kys

?????

I saw a report on the news that a local school had sent out a warning to parents about their kids watching this show. The principal was worried that the show glorified and made suicide appealing.

She's pretty cute with short hair.

I know THAT feel bro

(2,1) (2,3)

The homo "writer" stole Hannah's poem and published without her permission. That's pretty chaotic.

Zack (the asian jock) on the other hand was an "stellar" student, fits more on lawful neutral.

Honestly feel the worst for Justin.

Gets cucked by his best friend and a drug dealer who fucks his mom.

All of his "friends" essentially abandon him.

What will happen to him Sup Forums

>have autismo
>post on Sup Forums
?????

Me too dude. Something about the last two episodes, man.

Get a hobby and go meet people. It's hard as hell but it can be done.

(I'm the one who posted it) Yeah, Bryce and Justin definitely need to be switched. Bryce caused chaos, but he didn't embody chaos, if that makes sense. Justin was so chaotic he had trouble accomplishing things.

For me Justin was one of the easiest characters to have sympathy for. I started off hating him but by the end I felt awful for him.

so if they decide to do a second season

how the fuck would that even work