Where should I go live in the US

Hi, Sup Forums

My job is offering me an opportunity to go live in the US. Because my company has ten offices in different states, I can chose between ten cities.
The following cities are: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, New Orléans, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco and Washington
Map related. I'm not sure if I placed the cities on it correctly though.

I'd like to know your advice about each one of these cities. Which one is the most worthy living in?

It would only stay there for about three years, and I would earn around 50-55k$/year.
I'd mostly like to be able to rent a decent flat at a low price, to be able to walk in the city without constantly taking my car, and eventually a nice weather.

At first, I was thinking about going to New Orleans. It seems like a cosy place, but to be honest, I don't know much about the place.
I was also thinking about Miami, but I've heard that flats are quite expensive there.

Anyways, I'd be glad to hear any suggestion

Is the money the same at all the locations?

Maryland, you won't regret it. I can tell you why if you want

Yup. I'd maybe earn slightly more in New York and Los Angeles.

Can't. They don't have an office there.
If I could choose, I would definitely go to Maine or to New Mexico (Santa Fe). It's the only states that I know at least a bit and that are attractive to me

New Orleans, you can hang out with the cajuns and go shooting animals in the swamp, or wrestle gators! There's many french speakers and the place has old colonial buildings. There's some annoying black people in the inner city though. What's wierd is that the older blacks also speak french.

Arizona

pick Houston

On that salary your only options are Houston, new Orleans, and Atlanta

Hurricane

Washington, District of Columbia*

And yes, cum to DC foreign man.

memes aside its gotta be SF or NY. other than DC the others on the list are second tier. maaaybe LA, depending on the job

>At first, I was thinking about going to New Orleans. It seems like a cosy place, but to be honest, I don't know much about the place.
Let me tell you this. It’s not like Old Orleans.

That's what I was thinking. I'd like to own a gun and go shoot some shit in the bayous from time to time.
Wait, is the inner city a poor zone? I thought that was mostly the case for the rust belt cities, and not for New Orleans.
What would piss me off would be to live in the suburbs and not be able to hang out in the cities walking.

Why, is it really impossible to live with that salary in NY/Chicago?
What would be a decent pay then, 65k?

Your money will go very far in Houston, Atlanta, and ESPECIALLY New Orleans. New Orleans is probably your best bet if you're ok with the fact that
-it's really hot and the humidity is insane
-it's really fucking dirty both inside and out, literal swampland, things like roaches are considered perfectly normal there
-pretty much everyone is a redneck
If you're fine with living in a place that feels like it hasn't changed since the 1800s then definitely go for it. The salary is pretty good for there and quite a few people speak french and are frenchboos.Ironically enough it's probably the closest cultural fit.

>actually wanting to live in New Orleans

This. The only one of those cities with a French-speaking community is New Orleans, even if it's a weird dialect.

>Atlanta fuck no. That's nignog paradise and hot as FUCK
>Boston. Not a bad city desu. The racism there might translate into xenophobia though so you may not be very welcomed there compared to other citites
>Chicago. Nice city if you are on the northern part. Large and busy. I personally am not a fan of that type of lifestyle but if you are a big fan that kind of thing I would recommend Chicago.
>Houston. Yeaaah. No.
>New Orleans. One of the most unique cities in the USA. Fun to visit. Still plenty of french cultural influences. Warm, sticky. Overwhelmingly black. Good food, fun area overall.
>Los Angeles. Don't fall for the memes. Fuck this place. It is rich China with Mexicans.
>Miami. Another city that falls into the fun to visit but bullshit to live in category
>New York. Hardcore city shit. Stifling for me but if you are into that thing sure. Everything is extremely expensive keep in mind
>San Francisco. Very nice city, great weather, great everything desu but jesus christ. Cost of living there is obscene
>Washington. kek

To be honest you’ll probably have the most fun in NYC or LA

New Orleans, definitely New Orleans.

and where do you live, big guy?

Inner city has nice parts, don't get me wrong, but thats closer to downtown. The shady areas are the poor residential bits. Trust me its bad in some parts, but theres no real reason for you to go there. The only shit thing you might encounter are the highways outside the city.
Also
>65k in NY/chicago
Oh my sweet summer child

>Why, is it really impossible to live with that salary in NY/Chicago?
Not unless you like commuting. You'd need to be making double that to even consider a decent place near the city.

Think new orleans is your best bet as others have mentioned

Cajun is “french”

New Orleans itself has no french speakers. It’s all the outskirts and rural bayous.

The Best City in this Shithole Nation.
Washington D.C.

>sanfran and la:
multiculti to the limit
hot as fuck, no rain at all
has insane right wingers and retarded libs in equal measure and -lots- of religious nutjobs
san fran is super expensive, which is still cheap as fuck compared to france
birbs are pitch black

>houston
has texans
has mexicans
has spicy food and mildly hot climate with lots of grass
too far south to enjoy cowgirls in their natural habitat

>new orleans/louseana
no idea. supposedly still has french speakers deep in the swamps

>miami
literal latin american colony. you'd probably feel right at home with us desu. you can laugh at the old people too.

>chicago
lakes and forests. very close to canadians in denial aka north midlands
nothing really happens. it's a good getaway from everything excessively american but still live american city life
they can't make pizzas for shit.

>atlanta
flyover state. nothing happens here. they supposedly have good sports teams

>new york
think paris but everyone is angry, all the time. has a bitching music scene and lots of political activism, and restaurant tradition.
you will get to enjoy hobos in their natural habitat

>washington
niggers of the bad kind, lots of poverty
more political activism than you can shake a stick at

>boston
literally who

I've met quite a few french immigrants in the same situatioon as this guy tho. In fact, New orleans, Los angeles or NYC are the only places Frogs seem to go to in the US.

aka Junkie D.C.

it's not just about the money though. talking about opportunities for networking, future career prospects, being at a hub of major development, etc. if you just want to run around and shoot guns n shit that's sort of wasting his time

New Orleans is not what he thinks though.

I am from New Orleans. DC is better.

>Atlanta
third world tier
>Boston
rude people tier
>Chicago
same as boston
>Houston
spic tier
>New Orléans
nigger tier
>Los Angeles
idiot tier
>Miami
just got wiped out by a hurricane
>New York
too expensive tier
>San Francisco
same as los angeles
>and Washington
too taxed

People who work in Washington don’t live in Washington.

If this Frenchanon comes here he’ll be able to live in a nice Virginia neighborhood with relatively low taxes and decent gun laws.

He’ll also be able to avoid the murder and rape inherent to the inner parts of every city on this list.

I didn't think New York or Chicago were this expensive. Paris or London are considered as shitass expensive cities. You can decently live with a 1000$ appartment rent per month there though.
If I worked in New York, I was thinking about living in Astoria or some shit like this.

I'd probably go for New Orleans then. It seems like a pretty cultural city.
Can you tell me what I'd be able to afford with a 800-1200$ rent?

A lot of frogs I know go to Boston acutually. Same goes for Albanians. I don't really know why

Probably san Fransisco if your job pays well, if you need to live somewhere cheaper but not third world go Houston or Miami for somehwere warm new york or Washington for cold.

>I was thinking about living in Astoria or some shit like this.
lmao maybe as someone's dogsitter, which i remember reading some european immigrant actually did for like two decades without getting caught

Just like everyone else said, if you're looking for an experience do New Orleans, if you're looking for connections and skills go to an actual city.

It's not. I doubt you could pull of Astoria but it's not like you have to live two hours away.

forgot to add: the nature surrounding the bay area is easily the most beautiful in all the USA. nothing really compares.

You can afford a position in my house as a slave with that budget

>55k$/year
-SF and LA are out. Rent and CoL in the major metro areas of California is absurd and you'll basically be living in squalor or with a dozen roommates to afford it on that salary.
-Pretty much the exact same thing can be applied to NYC.
-Chicago is tricky, if you're willing to commute for 30 minutes to an hour into the city proper, you can rent a decent place in one of the outlying neighborhoods.
-Anything in the south is cheap enough to live comfortably on $55k.
-You don't want to live in DC regardless of how much money your offered, protip. Ditto for Boston.