Does my cheap-ass guitar need those metal things holding the strings down at the top of the guitar Bros?

Does my cheap-ass guitar need those metal things holding the strings down at the top of the guitar Bros?

Attached: 20200113_023015.jpg (2576x1932, 1.15M)

almost every guitar has that OP

Oh ok thanks

why would every guitar have the same OP?

Nope, glue the strings in place then remove them, they make you look like a beginner.

Source: Me, I'm Kerry fuckin King.

The machineheads that hold down the strings to the tuning pegs? Yes you need those.

That's fuckin odd, isn't it. How does that work?. Something to do with magnets or witchery?

Kek, stop winding him up.

I was about to call you a fucking retard but then i finished reading your post and i lol’d

Thank you !

That’s just for the Floyd Rose bridges, if you do not have a Floyd Rose, then it’s unnecessary

Nah fam, that's just big pharma tricking you

no u dont

Ok

>guitar hardware
>it’s big pharma bro

Attached: 8ECAA6A5-850E-415B-9613-162187EA68F9.jpg (500x321, 31K)

What the fuck are you talking about? Those are not floyd locks...

SEND B A S S

You must be some kind of genius

It true, those cunts are everywhere. Nonces

Oh course they fucking are, what do you think they are?, canal fuckin locks?. Cunt.

Source: Me, I'm Yngwie fuckin Malmsteen.

Hey Yngwie
John Petrucci told me about your cheesecake recipe book
Can you share some of your gnarliest ones?

Mate, I'd fuckin love To, but what with streaming and album sales down, I need all the bucks I can get so you'll just have to do the same as Tommi ( Iommi) and buy one. Sorry, but there are some cracking 'cakes in there. Hetfields favorite is on page 37.

I assume you mean the two ‘M’ shaped pieces? Those are string retainers and they’re there to increase the angle of the string at the nut to avoid buzzing. You might get away with not having them if your guitar has a properly filed nut, but seeing as how it’s cheap it probably doesn’t. Sorry to ruin the fun

T. Bassfag

Thank you bro

Can you recommend a good one to buy?

Money is not an issue I just need help and getting the good one

string trees

Lies

Awesome thanks bro

Depends on what sound, play style, personal preference, etc., but if you’re looking for an upgrade to something better but not break the bank I’d recommend a mexican fender or maybe a mid level prs. Look on kijiji or other classifieds, you can regularly find used guitars in good shape well below msrp, although some brands and specific gear retain value more than others. Not sure about their guitars but godin makes good basses that can be found second hand for dirt cheap

Elaborate?

Yea man those are gonna keep the strings from popping out of the nut. Also by removing them you’re going to change the string length and will fuck up the intonation.

You don't 'need' them but they're not a bad thing, they help keep tension on the strings on the long run from the nut to the tuners, tends to help stop buzzing over the nut.

Leave them be, they ain't hurting anyone.

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you bro

Along the same lines of not breaking the bank... Epiphone Les Paul's should never be left out of the picture. You have to play them though as part of the reason they're a quarter of the price of Gibsons is the inconsistency in quality. They're all decent, but play 20 or 30 and you'll find that cherry.